The Destroyer (Remo Williams)

MisterD

Re: The Destroyer (Remo Williams)

I remember one my friend from high school (23 years ago) did -- hhka, and very high speed. Invisibility and some flight in contact with the surface. If you can get ahold of the Destroyer Companion, IIRC it had some discussion of what Remo could accomplish. I'd use an activation based on a Sinanju skill, to ensure proper breathing.

• 3 weeks later...

I remember one my friend from high school (23 years ago) did -- hhka' date=' and very high speed. Invisibility and some flight in contact with the surface. If you can get ahold of the Destroyer Companion, IIRC it had some discussion of what Remo could accomplish. I'd use an activation based on a Sinanju skill, to ensure proper breathing.[/quote']

I wouldn't--unless I was writing up the very early Remo. A _Master_ of Sinanju doesn't flub his skill rolls. Period. (In fact, one of the early-to-middle novels had a character who stumbled across the power of proper breathing and was able to perform Sinanju-like feats...but he died. Why? Because, under stress he failed to continue breathing properly and lost his edge. Chiun commented that that was exactly why Sinanju training is so exacting.)

I've had a few Destroyer-inspired characters. Some points are:

1) Superhuman STR, DEX, CON, PRE. In the earlier stories his superhuman STR had Requires a Skill Roll and Side Effects if he failed. He does not need or use extra DC for his MA; We see him doing all sorts of lifting, bar bending and other Str tricks. STR is probably between 45-60.

2) An HKA, from 2-4d6 (4d6 to 8d6 with Str). We see the man rip apart tanks; if he can touch it, he can break it.

3) Combat Luck. He almost never fails to dodge bullets, and when he does it's because his powers have been somehow nullified or he is in a position where combat luck can't help. By the later books, he almost never fails to block or dodge physical blows even from other Masters except when weakened. Probably around 20pd/20ed minimum, maybe 30/30 (it has proteted him against anything short of massive explosions, and he has survived those).

4) A Super Skills Only VPP, around 40-60 points or so. We see him pull new super skills out of his hat from book to book, from the pleasure touch to Super Coaching of Olympic athletes to all kinds of touch based transformation attacks.

5) Super-skill based invisibility.

6) Lots of Extra Running. We see him run fast enough to catch cars going at full speed many times; he can hit at least 70 mph, maybe much more.

7) Regeneration and Resurection. He dies and comes back at least a half-dozen times.

8) Multiform into Shiva, trigger: Physical Death. After his adventures in the first Gulf war, killing him just makes him angry. He turns into Shiva, wreaks some havok, then turns back.

9) Enhanced senses.

10) Life support.

11) Many hunteds

12) Susceptible to gases, red meat, some toxins, loses Sinanju powers.

13) Ally:Chiun, as powerful (was more powerful in the early books)

14) Contact: Smith. Smith is something like a 20 point contact or more.

15) Wealth (can buy almost anything, almost any time)

16) Group DNPCs: Sinanju, Sunojo, his two kids, and his girl of the moment

17) Overconfidence, Technologically Incompetent, Casual Killer (bought that off in later books), Patriot

18) KS: Sinanju, Power Skill: Sinanju, Language: Korean, Fluent w/ literacy

He sometimes has many other languages and knowledge skills, depending on the writer.

I wouldn't--unless I was writing up the very early Remo. A _Master_ of Sinanju doesn't flub his skill rolls. Period. (In fact' date=' one of the early-to-middle novels had a character who stumbled across the power of proper breathing and was able to perform Sinanju-like feats...but he died. Why? Because, under stress he failed to continue breathing properly and lost his edge. Chiun commented that that was exactly why Sinanju training is so exacting.)[/quote']

Do you know which book that was? I missed it.