The Last Word

Bazza

Re: The Last Word

The cat is driving one of the volunteers crazy. He's a feral that has some agression issues, but most of the ones we have don't trash the cage so badly. He generally flips the litterbox, food, water, and everything else around. And since he's a huge tom that does lunge at you, it takes a lot of work to get the dirty stuff out.

We're hoping to transport him elsewhere to a feral colony.

Sounds a lot like Fellini if he'd fallen into bad circumstances. He wasn't feral, but if you tried ANY restraints he flipped out completely, inflicting damage in full and desperate kill mode, we suspect he was abused. The vet office still remembers him for his aggression in treatment, he had to be drugged for anything, and usually it took 3-4 people at the vets to restrain him when necessary. But otherwise he was a perfectly lovable and even affectionate cat.

Sounds a lot like Fellini if he'd fallen into bad circumstances. He wasn't feral' date=' but if you tried ANY restraints he flipped out completely, inflicting damage in full and desperate kill mode, we suspect he was abused. The vet office still remembers him for his aggression in treatment, he had to be drugged for anything, and usually it took 3-4 people at the vets to restrain him when necessary. But otherwise he was a perfectly lovable and even affectionate cat.[/quote']

PS - BTW, Lemming, Monty (originally I preferred Monte but Alesia uses the "y" version and he's more of a "y" anyway), the new one, really has been moving on the same path as Daisy was with water. Alesia was in the shower, of which the drain has been backing up a bit lately so there's now a few inches of standing water, and felt something touch her, it was Monty, right there standing >ankle deep in it.

Alesia was in the shower' date=' of which the drain has been backing up a bit lately so there's now a few inches of standing water, and felt something touch her, it was Monty, right there standing >ankle deep in it.[/quote'] I'm sure she got one hellava fright.

Sounds a lot like Fellini if he'd fallen into bad circumstances. He wasn't feral' date=' but if you tried ANY restraints he flipped out completely, inflicting damage in full and desperate kill mode, we suspect he was abused. The vet office still remembers him for his aggression in treatment, he had to be drugged for anything, and usually it took 3-4 people at the vets to restrain him when necessary. But otherwise he was a perfectly lovable and even affectionate cat.[/quote']

I suspect both of our cats were mistreated in one form or another. Jeff is terrified of being picked up, and will dig his claws in if you do. And Herc gets kind of skittish sometimes. Both of them run away if we walk up to them and stoop down to pick them up. And Jeff will behave "guilty" sometimes, running away from us whenever we're in the room and getting all wide-eyed at us.

PS - BTW' date=' Lemming, Monty (originally I preferred Monte but Alesia uses the "y" version and he's more of a "y" anyway), the new one, really has been moving on the same path as Daisy was with water. Alesia was in the shower, of which the drain has been backing up a bit lately so there's now a few inches of standing water, and felt something touch her, it was Monty, right there standing >ankle deep in it.[/quote']

And the cat didn't mind the water still falling?

And the cat didn't mind the water still falling?

As long as he isn't directly under the spray, he doesn't mind stray drops. His head is often wet from playing under the sink faucet, which sometimes we turn on to a drip for him. An earlier cat we had, Fellini, liked to play with water somewhat similarly (he was more fascinated with the flow of water than actually playing with it, it seemed) but not near the extent of getting as wet as Monty will.

As a side note, I have to keep Monty away when urinating... :sick:

This one is most likely a feral. Quite a few coming through here that are just carrier shy. We have some techniques that work very well for most cats without stressing anyone out.

Michele can often just talk them into it. I can usually herd them in, but for some I've had to use kevlar gloves. Amazing things.

This one is most likely a feral. Quite a few coming through here that are just carrier shy. We have some techniques that work very well for most cats without stressing anyone out.

Michele can often just talk them into it. I can usually herd them in, but for some I've had to use kevlar gloves. Amazing things.

So you really ARE a professional cat herder? I figured you were just exaggerating. :nonp:

So you really ARE a professional cat herder? I figured you were just exaggerating. :nonp:

My real work title is "Cat Caregiver", but right now I'm the staff member managing the Cats department at our New Orleans rescue location.

I'll see if anyone actually took pictures of my netting of the cat that ran into the rafters here.

Here' the equipment. The gloves are good for managing them while they're in the net, but it's hard to scruff with them.

I generally use them to give me a sense of not worrying about my fingers being taken off.

My real work title is "Cat Caregiver", but right now I'm the staff member managing the Cats department at our New Orleans rescue location.

I'll see if anyone actually took pictures of my netting of the cat that ran into the rafters here.

Here' the equipment. The gloves are good for managing them while they're in the net, but it's hard to scruff with them.

I generally use them to give me a sense of not worrying about my fingers being taken off.

where is the kevlar?

Who makes those gloves? They look like the ones my mom's company makes.

The tag shows: Vet-Pro Trapper, Safety Glove, Medical Serv Assoc. 1-860-953-8505

Ah, other tag shows Forestry Suppliers, INC. PO Box 8397

Jackson, MS.

Just up the road from us. I'll be in New Orleans until Feb 28. using the current pair. :;