The Last Word

Bazza

On 7/30/2021 at 12:14 AM, Cancer said:

Well, the physical science viewpoint requires the first postulate as an axiom, I think, though that gets more complicated when you start discussing quantum mechanics and phenomena at the atomic/molecular scale and smaller.  The second postulate remains a postulate because you need to make something like that assumption to grant that a progression in understanding is possible in principle.  Possibly one can think of it as an ansatz, a postulate which in principle will be testable some time further down the development.

Diving into my institution's library system, Gibson's The ecological approach to visual perception seems to be available online, but whether it's available because the university has paid for access somehow, or otherwise qualifies for free access (e.g., it might be accessible that way only within the US) is not specified by the catalog.  (The library here also has his three major works in paper copies, but that doesn't help you.)

I forgot to thank you for you post. 

1. No poofters.
  2. No member of the faculty is to maltreat the "Abos" in any way whatsoever—if there's anyone watching.
  3. No poofters.
  4. I don't want to catch anyone not drinking in their room after lights out.
  5. No poofters.
  6. There is no rule six.
  7. No poofters.

Monty Python's "Bruces" sketch.  A group of men, all named Bruce, all supposedly comprising the Philosophy Department of the University of Woolamaloo.  It was that department that made me think of you and that I had to post it in this thread.  The numbered list is the university rules.

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed some similarity to the villain in Crisis on Infinite Earths in the mid-1980s, in the issue where Barry Allen (the Silver Age Flash) was killed in action thwarting the Anti-Monitor's plan.

That was the last standard comic bought I bought; Carmine Infantino's Flash was my absolute favorite in the early 1960s.