Marvel Heroes Quotes

Edsel

Re: Marvel Heroes Quotes

hate to break it to you lord mhoram but I said it in the third post

You are right. I missed it completely when I scanned the thread. I was thinking to myself, the other board members are usually quicker than that...I can't believe they missed something so obvious. Good to see my initial impression was correct (even if I disprove it in regards to myself).

:rolleyes:

There's another Thor one that I recall. It's in the 100s before the Korvac saga. Kang has taken out quite a few of the Avengers except Moondragon and Thor. Kang ends up fighting the latter and tries to increase the power of his armour because he is fighting Thor. Before Kang blows up Thor says.

'Verily Mortal, thous dost over reach thyself !'

Hawkeye: "Weakest of the Avengers huh? You couldn't even handle my bow."...(Forget how many pound bow it was)

No, no no. The quote is:

"Weakest hero in town, am I, sucker? Then what does that make you? You didn't even have the strength to pull my 250 pound bow!"

From the Hawkeye Limited Series #4, said to Crossfire after he stunned himself trying to fire an explosive arrow from Hawk's bow.

Here's a great Hawkeye quote, very typical of his entry lines:

"You clowns don't stand a chance against me! I've beaten you before - and I'll do it again! They don't call me the world's greatest archer for nothing!" - Solo Avengers #1

It's got everything. The bravado, the insecurity, and it tells you everything you need to know about Hawkeye. He's an the best insecure, boastful archer in the world.

World's Biggest Hawkeye Fan, right here.

No, no no. The quote is:

"Weakest hero in town, am I, sucker? Then what does that make you? You didn't even have the strength to pull my 250 pound bow!"

From the Hawkeye Limited Series #4, said to Crossfire after he stunned himself trying to fire an explosive arrow from Hawk's bow.

Thanks :) I figured I was getting it wrong, but it was such a nice moment that I had to try for it.