WWYCD #81 A True Test of a Hero

Argus

Re: WWYCD #81 A True Test of a Hero

You show up at your weekly, or so, game and the GM hits you with a New Super Mage Villain.

During the Combat a terrible storm brews up outside and at a point when it looks like the Heroes are winning a bolt of lightning strikes the room you are sitting in.

Smoke clears and you find yourself waking up as your Superhero. You quickly learn that a 15d6 Energy Blast Hurts. When the Super Mage blasts you and teleports out.

What would you do now. You’ve played this character for some time and you know what he can do. You also know what is hunting you.

A.

All characters come to grips with the fact that I've been transformed or bodyswapped or...something...with someone else, and won't see my lovely and talented wife ever again, barring some similar incredible incident. Also, try out and master my new powers as quickly as possible and use OOC knowledge without hesitation to deal with the situation I've found myself in.

If it's Iron Maiden or Hell's Angel, I also get to deal with the fact that I'm now a young woman. Which, okay, interesting but definitely will require a lot of time to get used to. The ability to fly (both) and being virtually invulnerable (IM) or a human torch (HA), on the other hand, would be pretty nifty.

If I've become Black Knight, I'll at least still be male. I'll also be a lot taller, heavily muscled, moderately superhumanly strong and virtually immortal--albeit only because no matter how much damage I suffer I just regenerate like an SOB (Wolverine only wishes he could heal this fast...).

What manner of Thread Necromancy be this?!?

hey, check your D&D Monster manual - gnolls are traditionally into necromancy. It's not Vitus' speciality, to be sure, but he respects it as a difficult and useful school :D

If I were switched into Soulbarb's body -- freak out. I really don't want to have to deal with her life. Aside from the gender switch, I now have literal demons to deal with, and I suspect I would not get most of her powers. I haven't had my soul conjoined to a demon, nor do I know anything about magic or crimefighting. I get all the downside but without the upside.

Soulbarb switched into my body could probably cope pretty easily once she got over the shock. She's not much in tune with her femininity anyway, and knows a lot more about programming than I do about magic. She'd be surprised at being married and having a daughter, but could probably adjust. She would try to see if it's a fake, if there's a way she could return, etc. and my wife would probably think I'm getting a little too much into RP for my own good for a while, but assuming there really is no magic and the change is permanent she'd likely be happy enough in due course -- though she'd worry whether her soul is still bonded to a demon or not, and "I" would become a lot more active in our church as a result.

I'd look around for a short' date=' balding, white-haired old dude in red robes. Dungeon Master has to be around here [i']somewhere[/i]!

Also, does it have to be a bolt of lightning, or can it happen while at a local amusement park on the "Champions!" ride?

you aren't talking in riddles there

Okay, me as Ghost Archer . . . YIPPEE!!!!! Gee I hope I don't hit too many buildings learning to fly! Oh crap . . . HOW MANY KIDS?!? I KNOW six are adopted! *gulp* Wow, extra teenagers . . . I was just getting used to the one and an 'almost' I have!

Ghost Archer as me . . . Oh crap. He is one of the most adaptable characters I've ever created and within a few days he would have invented something amazing and gone about marketing it. He'd also have the world's first AI up and running in no time with a good jump on teleporters and fusion reactors. As for the physical differences, he'd just have to put his mind to a little cancer research while he is here since these constant aches and pains and the feeling of exhaustion suck.