paralisy spell

steph

two more question again with trigger if i ask this before but i want more information if i have a dispel magic with trigger (vs incoming hostile spell) how i have to build my spell for cast my dispel before the effect of is spell (a kind of counter spell)

second can we use drain movement for paralise people?

Re: paralisy spell

For the defensive spell, you can either hold your action or abort to Dispel. As long as the Dispel doesn't have an Extra Time Limitation you should be able to do it.

Drains vs Running, Swimming, Leaping, whatever work but only to the point of stopping that particular mode of transportation. Draining Running only prevents Running, not leaping. If you're looking to hold someone in place try using Entangle.

Presence Attacks of sufficient dice can simulate paralisys to an extent, though it won't hold them in place while you attack or anything.

Entangle is pretty much the only way to build a true paralysis -- using a hand-waved AVLD Advantage, however:

Cost Power END
18 Entangle 2d6, 0 DEF, Cannot Be Escaped With Teleportation (+1/4), Entangle And Character Both Take Damage (+1/4), Paralasys -- use EGO rather than STR to break out (AVLD) (+1) (50 Active Points); No Defense (-1 1/2), Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4) 5
Powers Cost: 18

This would make a power that creates a 2-12 BODY entangle, which can only be effected by EGO rather than STR. It has no defense, so all they do is roll EGO like it was STR (1d6 per 5 points of EGO) to break out. If anyone chooses to use an EGO attack to help free the paralyzed person, said person will take the full damage of the EGO attack along with the entangle itself.

The problem with SPD Drains is that they target still has full OCV' date=' DCV, Powers and Attacks. Otherwise they're pretty cool.[/quote']

While they still have all these things, to actually do anything they require an action phase. From SPD 0 down they do not have any phases to use and cannot do anything. They are basically a living statue.