Any suggestions on a hero concept I have

Guzalot

I was cleaning out my basement today and i stumbled across an old folder of mine. It was from over 20 years ago an in it I found an old Villains & Vigilantes character drawing I had made from a long-forgoten campaign. I no longer have the character sheet, but the drawing has feuled a nostalic need to convert this character to hero.

The characters name is Mercurite. The basic concept is that his body is made up almost entirely of mercury, just like what you find in a thermometer. His human shape is held together by a force field. His obvious powers are : Density Increase, Stretching, Extra run speed, and PD Damage reduction.

I'm busy this weekend, so I won't be making this character until Tuesday at the earliest. In the meantime any input from the creative minds on this board are most welcome. Character design is not my strong suit I'm afraid :idjit:

Re: Any suggestions on a hero concept I have

You might want to toss in a NND attack (suffication) except vs. force fields. Potentialy, you could make this no-range and continuous.

Desolidification is another good choice.

IR Vision might be a good choice for senses or a ranged touch targeting.

At the ugliest, you could do NND does body on the basis of you cause the target to injest mercury (poisoning).

Mercury tends to vaporize with very little heat. The vapors are neurotoxic (IIRC), and would be good justification for an NND, possibly Does BODY, and Reduced By Range or Damage Shield. It would also be appropriate to take a Susceptibility to Fire/Heat.

Mercury does conduct electricity well, but I don't think it holds a charge well.

It has quite high surface tension. Don't know what you might take for that -- maybe more justification for Damage Reduction.

I've got a Mercury character (an elemental villainess) in my game. In addition to the Density Increase effects, I also gave her Hand-to-Hand Attack at 0 END because of her mass. With stretching, high SPD, and her NND Damage Shield the players loathe facing her.

Protean Form [ Standard Power, Constant, Self-Only ]

The characters body can be changed or distorted to squeeze through openings. It does not allow the character to change his appearance nor does it give any extra reach (see Shape Shift and Stretching). Likewise, while in this form, they can travel at thier normal movement rate. They can attack and be attacked while in this form.

Protean Form Cost - 20 Points.

Modifiers

Viscosity (-1/2), +1 Phase (-1/4)

This limitation reflects that additional time required to move through smaller and smaller openings. The opening size is relative to the character's height. For a -1/2 limitation and additional phase is required to travel through and opening 1/4 the character's height. You can increase the time required for travel by an additional +1 Phase per -1/4 Limitation.

[Opening Size] (Extra Travel Time) {Sample Opening Size: 2m Height}

Viscosity [1/500] (+8 Phases) {4 mm}

Viscosity [1/250] (+7 Phases) {8 mm}

Viscosity [1/125] (+6 Phases) {16 mm}

Viscosity [1/64] (+5 Phases) {32 mm}

Viscosity [1/32] (+4 Phases) {64 mm}

Viscosity [1/16] (+3 Phases) {125 mm}

Viscosity [1/8] (+2 Phases) {25 cm}

Viscosity [1/4] (+1 Phase) {50 cm}

Example: Sandman can sift through grates and pipes, but it takes longer for him to do so. The smaller the opening is, the longer it takes. Sandman is 2 Meters tall normally. With this limitation, he could sift through an opening that is 1/4 his height in diameter (50 cm), but it would take an extra phase to do so. If the opening is 1/8 his height in diameter (25 cm), then it would take 2 extra phases to flow through it. For a -3/4 Limitation, a 1/4 diameter (50 cm) opening would require the Sandman 2 addtional phases to travel through it.

Viscosity Limit (Varies)

The smallest opening that a character is able to travel through. Openings smaller than this limit can not be traveled through. The opening size is relative to the characters height.

[Opening Size] (Limitation Value) {Sample Opening Size: 2m Height}

Viscosity Limit [1/500] (-1/4) {4 mm}

Viscosity Limit [1/250] (-1/2) {8 mm}

Viscosity Limit [1/125] (-3/4) {16 mm}

Viscosity Limit [1/64] (-1) {32 mm}

Viscosity Limit [1/32] (-1 1/4) {64 mm}

Viscosity Limit [1/16] (-1 1/2) {125 mm}

Viscosity Limit [1/8] (-1 3/4) {25 cm}

Viscosity Limit [1/4] (-2) {50 cm}

Example: Elasticman can squeeze through large cracks and pipes, but can't squeeze through a screen door or tiny openings. Elasticman is 2 Meters tall normally. With a -3/4 limitation, he could squeeze through openings as small as 1/125 his height (16 mm), but wouldn't be able to squeeze through any opening smaller than 16mm. Mr Double-Jointed has Viscosity Limit as a -2 Limitation. He can crawl through air ducts that most normal men couldn't fit into. Mr Double-Jointed could add Vicosity in addition to Viscosity Limit to simulate that it takes him longer to travel through air ducts than when he walks or runs normally.

Mercury is slow but deadly poison. You might be able to build off of that for disadvantages.

Yes maybe a disadvantage like Rogue from X-men has. She can't touch anybody without hurting them.

Furthermore the mercury at normal temperature is not so rigid. Maybe you can add some powers like elongated man limitated only at CNPT (Normal Conditions of Pressure and Temperature) ;)

Or maybe a power like the T-1000 to get liquid metal but I see it useless :)