Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Guest Skaramine

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Besides' date=' If I could drool over celebrities... Miss Hannigan, Mimi M. (dating myself) Phoebe Cates from back in the day, Michelle Yeoh.... :)[/quote']

Oh. I thought we were talking about celebrities we didn't like... :bmk:

Guest Skaramine

Well' date=' yeah, but I can't even bring myself to drool about her. SO I came up with pleasant memories![/quote']

This is the NGD!

NO PLEASANTNESS!

I think people who refuse to see the people that blew up the two towers' date=' make up Hamas, Al-Qaeda, and other terrorist organizations are muslim, usually of Arab or Persian blood (Iraq and Iran are actually more Persian than Arab) are in denial and are allowing their attempt to try to be fair to all people crowd out reality.[/quote']

I moved this over to the proper thread.

Denial?

If we're going to generalize, let's generalize, shall we?

The greater majority of serial killers are white men. Should we just assume that all white men are serial killers?

The greater majority of people of Arab/Persian blood aren't terrorists. The greater majority of followers of Islam have done absolutely nothing related to terrorism.

Which way of generalizing are we going to use here? Small minority as example of majority? Or majority as example of majority?

Or do we only use minority samples when we're not a member of the minority?

Guest Worldmaker

I think people who refuse to see the people that blew up the two towers' date=' make up Hamas, Al-Qaeda, and other terrorist organizations are muslim, usually of Arab or Persian blood (Iraq and Iran are actually more Persian than Arab) are in denial and are allowing their attempt to try to be fair to all people crowd out reality.[/quote']

You seem to be comfortable condemning an entire ethnic group on the actions of a small number of that ethnic group. Not only are you a racist, but you are proud of your racism. Your momma must be damned proud of you.

And I hate to burst your bubble of arab-hate, but the overwhelming majority of terrorists that have ever been active in this country are and were Americans. Maybe we should start pre-emptively killing a few of them, just to be safe. Lord knows I can think of one or two I wouldn't mind pumping some rounds into.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worldmaker

You seem to be comfortable condemning an entire ethnic group on the actions of a small number of that ethnic group. Not only are you a racist, but you are proud of your racism. Your momma must be damned proud of you.

And I hate to burst your bubble of arab-hate, but the overwhelming majority of terrorists that have ever been active in this country are and were Americans. Maybe we should start pre-emptively killing a few of them, just to be safe. Lord knows I can think of one or two I wouldn't mind pumping some rounds into.

I am not categorically calling all "Arabs" terrorists. What I'm saying is the majority of terrorists, are Muslim. Even if all of them were, Islam being the second largest religion in the world, it really wouldn't make that big of a dent in the population. And I hate to burst your bubble, but if I lived in Northern Ireland, I would say "Most of the terrorists around here are Catholic." Why? Because it's true. I would not be saying all of the terrorists were Catholic, nor would I be saying that all Catholics were terrorists. It would be like saying because I said all squares are rectangles, then I was saying all rectangles are square.

Guest Worldmaker

I am not categorically calling all "Arabs" terrorists. What I'm saying is the majority of terrorists' date=' are Muslim. Even if all of them were, Islam being the second largest religion in the world, it really wouldn't make that big of a dent in the population. And I hate to burst your bubble, but if I lived in Northern Ireland, I would say "Most of the terrorists around here are Catholic." Why? Because it's true. I would not be saying all of the terrorists were Catholic, nor would I be saying that all Catholics were terrorists. It would be like saying because I said all squares are rectangles, then I was saying all rectangles are square.[/quote']

Backpedal backpedal backpedal. Racism by any other name is still a big pile of turds. Now you've shifted your statement to "muslim = terrorist", which is as big a pile of shit as "arab = terrorist". So now, in addition to being a racist, you're showing everyone your hatred of people based on religion. How enlightened of you. Your momma must be doubly proud.

EDIT: And remember, folks... he's using this racist crap to justify the murder of a 10 year old girl.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worldmaker

I am not categorically calling all "Arabs" terrorists. What I'm saying is the majority of terrorists, are Muslim. Even if all of them were, Islam being the second largest religion in the world, it really wouldn't make that big of a dent in the population. And I hate to burst your bubble, but if I lived in Northern Ireland, I would say "Most of the terrorists around here are Catholic." Why? Because it's true. I would not be saying all of the terrorists were Catholic, nor would I be saying that all Catholics were terrorists. It would be like saying because I said all squares are rectangles, then I was saying all rectangles are square.

He basically said that Arab does not equal terrorist. You refuted his argument. If there is a misunderstanding her, I can see how it happened.

Arab doesn't equal terrorist doesn't mean that there are no Middle Eastern terrorists.

Originally Posted by Reneshat

I think people who refuse to see the people that blew up the two towers, make up Hamas, Al-Qaeda, and other terrorist organizations are muslim, usually of Arab or Persian blood (Iraq and Iran are actually more Persian than Arab) are in denial and are allowing their attempt to try to be fair to all people crowd out reality.

Wow, you are so right. I changed my opinion. How stupid of me. How on earth could I say Arab, and then just one post away say muslim. Because didn't I know I said Arab?

Guest Worldmaker

He basically said that Arab does not equal terrorist. You refuted his argument. If there is a misunderstanding her' date=' I can see how it happened.[/qUOTE']

There's no misunderstanding. I said "not all arabs are terrorists". I also said that people whose default setting is "arab = terrorist" are racist idiots.

He refuted me by saying "arab = terrorist", supporting this statement by giving me the same sort of arguments white southerners used to use to support the "black = lazy and criminal" nonsense.

Guest Worldmaker

Wow' date=' you are so right. I changed my opinion. How stupid of me. How on earth could I say Arab, and then just one post away say muslim. Because didn't I know I said Arab?[/quote']

Keep tapdancing. It only makes your argument look even worse.

I don't remember the entirety of his post, but did he really condemn the whole Arab "race" (No such thing) or Muslim faith? Is it conemning all of them to point out that there are groups among them who support and harbor terrorists?