Milimumen Rod Mind Control: Help!

steriaca

I was wondering, how many levels of Mind Control do I need to make a victom speak exactly what I want him to speak? I'm trying to simulate the Malick trick he does with the Milimumen Rod in Yu-Gi-Oh. The thing is, of course, only Yugi knows that the victom's words are acualy Malicks (well, except for the person Mind Controled by Malick, but most of his 'victoms' are loyal brain-washed servents, except for Bandet Keith, and he had to be brought back from the dead, acording to the manga...but I disgress).

If the people he talks through are willing, all it takes is a Mind Link (and Yugi would have Mental Awareness).

Taking over someone's physical movements completely? If you want to use Mind Control, how high of a level would depend on how much their personality would resist being taken over.

I seem to recall The Ultimate Mentallist suggesting to use Telekinesis instead, but I'm not sure of that.

Repeat after me...

HERO 5, Page 131-132. MIND CONTROL.

Lets start with-> What do you want them to say.

# 1 If this is a psychic courier ( ala Johnny Mnemonic) then you would only need EGO-10.

# 2 Ordering someone to divulge secret infromation would be EGO+30

# 3 Any suggestion to the victim about saying something embarrasing, on t.v. etc, becomes EGO + 60

Is this what you were looking for???

I agree that, if the "victom" is willing, and the person doing it has Telepathy or/and Mind Control, then a Mind Link would only be needed (as what he did with "The Quiet One", a goth mime under his control, who was oddly talkitive when under his control). Bandet Kieth was defently a unwilling subject. Arcana was also sorta unwilling when he was taken over also (since he was bussy trying to find the key to unlock his legs before the buzzsaw would of cut them off at the time...).

I would guess Control +60 points (which makes the power of the MR verry thugly, except it has a limitation that the powers can not be used aganst anyone who also has a Milimuiem Item, which is why Malick dosen't just control Yugi's mind, or his sister Istara's). Plus he defently has Mind Scan, Clarvoiance (to see through his mind slaves senses), Telepathy (only to Talk and Receve), and Mential Illusions (as when he hid Arcana's key from him).

Hi Gents,

Hang on...you guys think order a guy to say something really blasphemous is that high of an effect roll? He is only SAYING it...he is not doing it. See what I mean? I guess I interpret it differently. Also the limitation on the Mind Control would be huge. Very limiting IMHO.

Other Alternatives...

Does this Rod thing enable it's user to make the victim say things the user doesn't know about, or is it really just like "throwing one's voice" just with a better special effect?

i.e. The Ventriloquism Trick.

If so, it could be a powered version of Ventriloquism with a huge bonus to it's skill roll, and either similar Mimicry skill thrown in.

OR

Telekinesis with Fine Manipulation (only to move the target's lips and vocal apparatus) and/or Images vs. Hearing Group.

If it works more like a truth serum, maybe a Telepathy power with an audible special effect. (others in earshot hear the words come from the victim's mouth.)

Yes, it *IS* making them say what thay do not know. Yugi/Yami Yugi knows Malrick (I think this is the right spelling, then again...) is speaking instead of the victom, but he still hears the victom's voice (We, through the magic of television, sometimes hears the victom's voice, and sometimes Malrick's, and sometimes the combo of both of them, depending on how the author wants to play this out). And, of course, this is ONLY because Malrick acualy tells Yugi when he is speaking through an 'agent/victom', and when he is not.

One thought...if the Quiet One is mute, how could Malrick speak through him? (Then again, I have no fact that the Quiet One was mute...only that he is some sort of goth mime).

Ahh...

Had a quick look around for info. Not that it told me much.

The Millennium Rod seems to be a big Mind Control with Telepathic Communication advantage. for plot moments, it seems to make the victim 'Say what I say'. otherwise it works normally, by telling them to 'tell me what I want to know'...

If it can control it's victims in the usual mind control sense, then it probably doesn't have any limitation on it. Depending on the usefulness of this power, it might not even be worth a limitation if all it does is make people talk and say what it's wielder commands.