Origin suggestions needed ASAP

Tech

Re: Thanks to all!

Ohhh. Hmm. Well' date=' I'd say that would be optional. Her alien origin could explain her powers, but it doesn't need to explain her motives. He could just say "her parents raised her that way." I think Tech was more concerned with an [i']origin[/i] for this type of character as opposed to a personality.

After all, if you had a character and were given just one day to create a background, the personality might not pop up right away. In a Fantasy Hero game I'm in, I couldn't think of the personality for my character until after we started. I had some generic basics I was working off of, but it wasn't until the interaction with another player (not her character) before I found the persona I wanted.

Lastly, he was just receiving basics from us and we were receiving basics from him. He'll have today to think of the details. :)

1) The origin includes the seeds of the personality in every major fictional character I can think of.

2) He asked for feedback. I gave it.

3) You asked for personality details yourself based on her upbinging a few posts after mine. Or are you taking the position that her upbringing is not part of her origin story? ;)

4) Yes, you'll get a better idea of the personality of a charater as you play it, just as writers further develop the personalities of characters as they write them. Still, it helps to have a few key ideas to use as starting points.

Re: Origin suggestions needed ASAP

Major villain a la Dr Doom creates a microverse in a lab/finds way into different dimension and starts life on uninhabited barren planet.

Wants to create a super soldier or paranorm that they can mould.

Accelerating development in the microverse/on the created planet causes instability but master villain preses on.

End result the super that they wanted but the experiment implodes/explodes.

Whether anyone intervened to cause the implosion/explosion is up to you.

That what I said in the other thread. There are other ideas in the thread that you may wish to look at as well, Tech.

Okay' date=' I still have some time: any other personality suggestions tied to what I've mentioned for her brief origin, anyone?[/quote']

Well, just some quick ideas:

She's alone on this world. Maybe she joined the team and follows their lead because she has a strong need to belong somewhere?

She knows what it was like to be sick and weak. She lost much of her own childhood. Maybe she feels a strong link to children? Secret ID as a pediatrician, nurse or substitute teacher?

Maybe she feels a need to stay in the Superhuman world to find the secrets of her origin?

Well, just some quick ideas:

She's alone on this world. Maybe she joined the team and follows their lead because she has a strong need to belong somewhere?

She knows what it was like to be sick and weak. She lost much of her own childhood. Maybe she feels a strong link to children? Secret ID as a pediatrician, nurse or substitute teacher?

Maybe she feels a need to stay in the Superhuman world to find the secrets of her origin?

To quote someone: "Me like!" The more I think about these, the more I like them. These could work with one of her Psych Limits I wrote up: 'Wants to prove self'.

Re: Thanks to all!

1) The origin includes the seeds of the personality in every major fictional character I can think of.

Um, okay. Congrats. Again, I said I thought he was just wanting the basic of a physical background.

2) He asked for feedback. I gave it.

Yes, again congrats.

3) You asked for personality details yourself based on her upbinging a few posts after mine. Or are you taking the position that her upbringing is not part of her origin story? ;)

I didn't ask for personality details. Where did you see that? The "upbringing" comment I made was followed by I didn't know if she was awoken as a child, or an adult. The inference there was, if she was a child, then he'd need to create a background from child to hero. If she was an adult, she could enter the campaign the next day.

4) Yes' date=' you'll get a better idea of the personality of a charater as you play it, just as writers further develop the personalities of characters as they write them. Still, it helps to have a few key ideas to use as starting points.[/quote']

Yep. Of course, it's neither of our's campaign, so it's not necessary for what he was asking.

1) Major fictional characters aren't the same as PC's for RPG's. With the groups I've been with, over half of the PC's have had their backgrounds for obtaining their powers be different from why they were heroes.

2) Ditto. I was just commenting also.

3) I'm just presenting physical backgrounds.

4) Yeppers.

5) Is it really this big a deal? It's not like I was attacking you, just pointing out what I thought were the basics of what were requested. You stated you would require the reasoning, I stated I didn't think it was that big a deal for this thread.

Your opinion may vary.