WWYCD? #104: Things get alittle random...(have a six-sider handy)

Wormhole

Your and your teammates (if you're not part of a regular team, assume you're there with a group of supers you've worked with in the past) raid Dr. Destroyer's secret base de jour as he is working on a Quantum Transporter Machineâ„¢. During the ensuing battle, the machine's control console takes a hit from a stray Energy Blast and the device goes completely haywire! The transporter teleports each person in the room, including yourself, to one of a number of random locations (see below).

Roll a d6 once for each of your characters and consult below (or fudge it if you find one or more of the options below particulary amusing ;)):

1. Your own bedroom.
  2. The gorrilla paddock at the campaign city zoo.
  3. A swimming pool in a typical suburban backyard.
  4. The walk-in freazer at a nearby Roco Taco.
  5. The ladies' locker room at the local VIPER nest.
  6. A landfill outside campaign city limits.

Where did you end up and what do you do next?

Re: WWYCD? #104: Things get alittle random...(have a six-sider handy)

Style - Gorilla paddock. "Well that was odd." Teleports himself out again, recovers any damage taken and casts a few helig spells, then teleports back to the base.

AnimeGai - Landfill. Takes a few minutes to re-orient himself, then begins to fly back to the base.

Thirteen - Swimming pool. Climbs out of the pool, dripping wet. Puts inflatable duck floatation device back into water. Pours water out of shoes while briefly making polite chit-chat with shocked housewife and child. Finds a taxi and heads back to base.

Flesh Gordon - "Whoa! I'm having one of those dreams again. Hello. Hello. Hi, I'm Flesh." Gets shot repeatedly and possibly blown up. After agents start attacking tries to leave.

(Alternate: Taco place. Has lunch. Tries to remember what he was doing. If he remembers, calls in ship and flies back to base.)

Starguard -- ladies' locker room at the local VIPER nest.

Fortunately for her blushes, she /is/ a lady.

Unfortunately for the local VIPER nest, she's a cosmically powerful one.

Starguard will apologize profusely to her friends when she gets back for having left them in the lurch, and she's really sorry she's late, and I hope you'll forgive me, and pretty much forget to mention that the reason she was late was she was busy wrapping up the local VIPER nest, until prompted.

Dr. Pain -- gorilla paddock.

Well, he'll ham it up a little for the crowd, pretend to wrestle the gorilla, smile, wave, and in general smooth over the awkwardness of the moment with a little showmanship. Then he'll just do a STR 60 leap to hop the fence and the moat, brush himself off, and call a taxi.

Baron von Darien -- a backward swimming pool.

Summoning all the awesome powers of eleven centuries of deportment training, experience, professional skill, and the composure that only over a millenia of life (and EGO 45 and PRE 30) can give you, he shall simply calmly step out of the pool, and somehow manage to make looking like a drowned rat still look cool. (Shades of James Bond's entrance into the hotel, barefoot and soaking wet, in "Die Another Day")

And if that fails, he busts out some vampiric mind control and neuralyzes all the witnesses, and steals the film out of their cameras. Because there's no way he's letting this one get out. :)

Uncle Slam thuds against the bottom, the pool being currently drained. He climbs out and apologizes to the citizens. "Occupational hazard, ending up in strange places during a fight. We will pay for the damages caused by my impact." He then checks on the wellfare of his team, who would be agent-level normals.

Anthem blushes. She didn't even like being in the girl's locker room in high school. She'd cover the eyes of any of her male teammates (who probably would resist). Then when she notices the viper insignia a fight breaks out. Since she's quite the scrapper against agents, she'd probably wouldn't have too much trouble. It's not until the base alarm sounds that things get complicated.

Mask of Justice: As long as he's here at the landfill, takes mental notes for a hard-hitting story on the city's garbage removal system. Takes a long shower when he gets home, and switches to another identical suit early. (Nick has an entire closet full of nearly identical suits, which is cost-effective and allows the artist to avoid having to come up with new outfits.)

Rock Bottom: Walks very carefully out of the landfill, hoping he doesn't hit any soft patches that he'd sink in. Takes a really thorough shower when he gets back to base. His rocky hide can take higher temperatures of water than most.

Calculus: Calmly swims to the ladder at one end of the pool, apologizes to the householder for the inconvenience, then goes to dry off in privacy.

Kira Midori: "Ha! My disguise as that simpering do-gooder Kira Midori fooled them completely. I was easily able to secure one of the heroes' teleportation devices." She points at one of the more fully clad agents. "You! Tell the Nest Leader that I wish to see him at his earliest convenience, by which I mean *now*. I, the Impersonatrix, command it!" Meanwhile, her signal device is sending out the "sos" signal to the rest of her team, who hopefully will find the Viper Base before Kira blows her cover....

Talion: Unfortunately, it is after hours at the taco joint, and Talion freezes solid while waiting for someone to get him out. (Despite OSHA regulations, there is no handle on the inside.) Fortunately, Talion won't actually die from being frozen solid.

Your and your teammates (if you're not part of a regular team, assume you're there with a group of supers you've worked with in the past) raid Dr. Destroyer's secret base de jour as he is working on a Quantum Transporter Machineâ„¢. During the ensuing battle, the machine's control console takes a hit from a stray Energy Blast and the device goes completely haywire! The transporter teleports each person in the room, including yourself, to one of a number of random locations (see below).

Roll a d6 once for each of your characters and consult below (or fudge it if you find one or more of the options below particulary amusing ;)):

1. Your own bedroom.
  2. The gorrilla paddock at the campaign city zoo.
  3. A swimming pool in a typical suburban backyard.
  4. The walk-in freazer at a nearby Roco Taco.
  5. The ladies' locker room at the local VIPER nest.
  6. A landfill outside campaign city limits.

Apex- (Taco Roco freezer) "What the heck am I doing in here?" As soon as he figures out where he is, he flies back to the battle ASAP. His sister, Thunderstrike, could be counting on him.

Blitz- (Ladies Locker Room at the local VIPER nest) "Wow... " try not to leer, still admire "Pardon me ladies I don't know... " Notice they are VIPER agents. "Oh crud." Get ready for the fight of his life, and try to figure out just where this nest is located, get out, and report it.

Recluse- (Freezer) "Why me!?" After complaing about hte cold, get out and hurry back to help the others. If the fight was going badly, he might try to round up yet more heroes on the way.

Wildcard- (Gorilla Paddock) He'd mutter to himself, "I've GOT to find a way to incorporate that into my next act..." swing out of there if possible. Eventually he'd rejoin the fight and save the 'Atlantic City Angels'.

Cannis: “the gorilla paddock at the campaign city zoo.â€

Cannis lands with a thump and a slight snarl, quickly glancing around to see where on earth she is. ~Gorrillas? The zoo. Perfect.~ She smiles as she apologizes to the gorillas for frightening them and then asks them if they are in the mood for a bit of an adventure. Fifteen minutes later, Cannis, riding on the back of a large elephant that is surrounded by a wide assortment of lions, tigers, bears, and such heads back towards the lab. “We’ll teach him not to attempt to hurt my packmates.â€

Sailor Io: “A swimming pool in a typical suburban backyardâ€

She lands with a splash. As she surfaces she discovers to her dismay that two elementary school kids are staring at her. With a slight blush, she clambers out of the pool, still managing to look cute despite the soaked sailor fuku and the dripping hair. Unable to come up with a reasonable explanation, she begins to stammer an apology, only to pause as she notices the house. “Wait, you were the one we helped Santa Claus deliver the Junior Deluxe Engineering set and the Incredible Machine video game too, aren’t you.†At the kid's stunned nod she grins, “I always loved those two toys. I hope you are having fun with them too.†She gives the kids a quick wave as she heads out of the backyard and quickly finds a place to hide. After making a call on the communicator to make sure her friends are alright and let them know where she is, she turns back to Mina and calls a cab to take her back to her dorm room.