Tell me about you're JLA

JmOz

Re: Tell me about you're JLA

The closest team I have in the Neoverse is Power Team, which has been around in one incarnation or another since the Silver Age. The current roster consists of:

Guardian II (Team Leader)- Formerly known as the original Mad Dog. Once the living vessel of a fragment of the Primordial God of Light known as Avatar. Along with the entity called Keystone (who was a sentient essence fragment of Avatar) sacrificed themselves to resurrect the god and defeat Death during the Apocalypse War. Avatar later brought him back to continue the battle against evil. A 7' tall brick with flight, Guardian is vulnerable to magic. Which leads to the next member...

Mystrix- Student of the master mystic and demigod, Alex Arkham. She joined Power Team in Prof. Arkham's stead. A talented sorceress who has developed feelings for Guardian. Which are being reciprocated.

Hunter II- Son of the original Hunter. He took over the other 'family business' when the Silver Age Hunter grew too old to continue. A highly skilled inventor, he has improved and expanded on his father's crimefighting arsenal. Known to make heavy use of a massively modified Dodge Tomahawk motorcycle.

American Victory III- Mysterious inheritor to a legacy dating back to the Golden Age. She is thought to have came into being with the destruction of the android AV II at the World Trade Center on Sept. 11. First appeared attacking Taliban and al-Qaeda in Afghanistan. Has the same lightning powers as the previous two AVs.

Artemis- Formerly known as Grey Eagle. Member of the previous incarnation of Power Team that was all but wiped out by War during the Apocalypse War. Had gone temporarily insane due to the deaths of her friends and her fiancee, Steel Centurion, the team leader at the time. She recovered from the mental trauma with the aid of fellow survivor, Morgan "Freight Train" Freight. Considered to be one of the most supreme archers on the planet.

Quantum- A neohuman who can transform into an being of pure plasma energy and can alter the atomic and molecular structures of non-living objects. Gained his powers when caught in a fusion reactor accidental was injected with helium and went nova. Teamed with then Mad Dog during the Kytellan Invasion and the final assault on the emperor's flagship.

Bluestreak- An investigative reporter who was kidnapped and exposed to a hypermetabolic inducing drug when she exposed the lethal side effects. Instead, the drug triggered her powers. She has super-speed and reflexes, but still tends to think her actions through.

Blackstar- A popular police detective in Hong Kong who was caught up in the events of the Apocalypse War. In the aftermath, the original Guardian accepted leadership of the Blackstar Agency, an interstellar law enforcement organization. Now called Blackstar Prime, he offered the position as Earth's resident Blackstar agent, which she accepted. Wears a special powered armor that grants her all the powers and abilities of a Blackstar agent.

Centurion- A pilot in the US Navy who was shot down by the Horseman War. As he lay dying, he was visited by the cosmic entity known as Lady Astra as was given a chance to live if he was willing to accept a burden greater and more noble than just defending his country. He accepted and was reborn as one of Lady Astra's heroic Centurions. Now a living battery of cosmic power, he can call for the signature 'armor' of the Centurions and channel his cosmic energy for various feats.

Ladyhawk- A Silver Age heroine who was trapped in a cryogenic cell by a criminal now long dead. Her wings allow her to fly and she can channel her bio-energy into devastating punches and kicks. She is still getting used to a world that is totally different from the world she knew 30 years ago.

Morgan "Freight Train" Freight (inactive member)- Morgan is the current brains behind the team. He was severly injured by War and left a paraplegic from the encounter. He attempted to return to active duty with a special powersuit of his own design. The recent decisive battle against the neohuman terror group Nox Eternis damaged the powersuit beyond his ability to repair. Has chosen to retire from active crimefighting to help coordinate Power Team activities and act as a central logistics handler for any major events that involve any of the other superteams across the world.

Well I’m working on a few high level teams.

The fraternity a college based universe I’m working on has “The Faculty†who are the original team that first gained powers in a dimensional science experiment gone wrong.

The university used the publicity and extra funding created by its access to met humans as research subjects lead to the creation of a meta-human studies department and an influx of Meta human students super scientists etc who formed later teams

Most of the Faculty are either retired or off doing other things now but they are the top power level team and do occasionally work together in extreme cases.

Nexus

Dr John Douglas

Scientific genius Child prodigy, and archetypal absentminded professor turned near godlike master of dimensional travel and control when he bonded with the fabric of the multiverse when his pet project exploded incredibly powerful a cross between superman in terms of morality and presence except a total pacifist and The Authorities Doctor in terms of power and knowledge. Spends a lot of time in other dimensions only turns up when things are going to be very bad or for important events.

Q-bit

Henry Leroy Jackson, Super genius inventor with a quantum computer for a brain allowing him to draw on the mental power of multiple versions of himself.

MASON

Doug mason

Construction supervisor merged with the fraternity house that housed the dimensional experiment became able to merge with and take on the characteristics of metal stone and earth also able to move and shape them. Retired from super heroing and runs a landscaping and demolitions business.

Time X (really needs a better name)

Gregory Williams was disconnected from standard temporal flow in the accident and became able to control his personal experience of the flow of time allowing him to move at super speed spends. He spends most of his time in temporal stasis to balance out his use of super speed.

Agent Angie Tang

World-class martial artist/gymnast with senses that allow her to perceive the fabric of space-time and energy flows around her. Lead agent in the secret services anti-meta threat department often attached to guard the president and other dignitaries when superhuman threats are expected.

The whoopee cushion kid AKA Richard Maille The head of the meta-human department

• 2 weeks later...

I've actually never had an active force as such in the contemporary campaign world. Sometimes they existed earlier in history, and in one case there was a secret society of great supers who were ready for the greatest of threats, but played no role in that contemporary day.

Though I should think more to the alliances formed out of 9/11 and the many, many supers who showed up and helped each other. Good point of inspiration and verisimillitude (sp), will have to think of what is growing out of that (it just happened three game months ago in my campaign world).

When I ran my Champions campaign years ago..I only had a paperback hero system rulebook...I think it was 4th edition. So I therefore had to make up my own hero's and villains..I converted alot of marvel and a few DC characters as well. So we actually had the Avengers..but I had a custom group of heroes a friend and I created together..that would give the Avengers a decent run for their money. They were a group of mutants who all had aspects of animals in their appearances and were from various places around the world.

They were called the Wild Bunch- heres a brief run down all members had body armor in their costumes.

Golden Lion: team leader, from Sudan, semi brick (60 Str) had a hka and decent running and leaping abilities.

Fox: from France, only female meber had a hka was fast and had a limited mind contol ability (only worked on men)

Rabbit: from America: team speedster and had super leaping abilites. would super leap and do a foot first move through on opponents.

Triceritops: from the Savage Land, team brick (100 Str) also had a hka(his horns) and a +10d6 h-h attack (tail slap)

Dragonfly: from China, had four dragonfly like wings and a tail, could fly had an nnd sting attack.

Snake: from Brazil: had scaley skin and the ability to stretch.

Platypus: from Australia: the most unique actually, he looked like a human platypus, swam really well but he was the teams egoist. very nice ego attack ..etc.

Hyena: from South Africa: teams gadgeteer and tracker..eventually betrayed the group and went merc.