Tell me about you're JLA

JmOz

Okay, most Champs Universes have them, mine is called the Lunar Centurians, but I want to here about yours, who are the A-Team of hero's in your universe? Who are the members, where are they based, What are the members like? "Tell me more, Tell me more, did you get very far"

Re: Tell me about you're JLA

The Orders of Saint George and Saint Joan are the most powerful hero teams in the western world. Members do not wear costumes or have code names.

The Shaolin Temple has a group of heroes that act to protect China and Asia from obvious threats, but are held back by China's current status as a half dozen waring nation-states. Known members include Iron Shirt, Mighty Steel Leg, Iron Head, Weighted Vest, and Iron Hands.

The Nine, lead by The Old Woman, One Eye, and The Dwarf, ruled the world more-or-less for ten thousand years, or at least tried to. Their relative power has been dwindling since the late 1800s, but they are still probably the most powerful group of Superhumans on Earth. They act as both heroes and villains, depending on the situation.

The most powerful group of publically known metahumans in America was probably Paradox Inc, semi-retired since 1993 but still in existance as a corporate entity. They held full "super" identities as Harlequin (Doctor Strange-Fate), Mind Flayer (a female Professor X), Captain Kaos (Density controlling flying brick), Fire Storm (pyrokinetic), and Paladin (Power armor Jedi with a BFG). H went mad and is missing, MF is in private practice as a superhuman therapist but still occasionally adventures, CK is running his corporation, FS is now making movies, and P died saving the world.

The FBI, Defense Department, CIA, and FEMA are all known to maintain supers on staff.

Force 1 is my blatant Justice League rip off. They've been around for decades, stopped alien invasions (That's where they got their base satellite) and had a roster change from time to time. I have one player who interacts more with them than the others, and even has a member or two on it for when others have to be no shows but we still want to game.

Force 1 is the team that hovers above it all, and pretty much everyone recognizes as the "Best of the Best of the Best". Other hero teams have a love/hate relationship with them, on one hand it is something to aspire to, on the other Force 1 will occaisionally come down to their towns and may step on a few toes. It's like the FBI coming in on county police and saying "We're taking over this operation for the time being". I keep this dynamic between NPCs mostly; PCs make up their own minds on how they feel about it.

Force 1 does not interfere in soveriegn political disputes if it can at all help it, a point of contention sometimes between older and younger members. It has certain standards of public behavior (and a dress code, costumes are only allowed to be so skimpy before they violate the rule), and strives to do more than just fight crime. Indeed, averting natural diasasters all over the world is beyond most other super heroes, but Force 1 routinely goes up against Mother Nature and hold their own. Naturally, they also frustrate and foil the plots of megavillains. They have a brief secret ballot vote every month to see who's in charge and who is second in command. Currently leadership falls most often to Vector, Over-ride and Firebolt.

Some notable members include:

Megaman- My Superman homage... a man endowed with a cosmic shard when a meteor landed next to him. A growing cosmic matrix inheirited of all things from a being he would later destroy (Which would break it up into shards, some of which would fall backwards into time... in short, his later heroics would cause his own origin). Megaman was THE Hero of my CU. He was the one who kept other heroes in line, moved mountains barehanded, etc. For a time, his powers kept growing and growing, and even his aging was slowed. Now, however, he has lost his powers, and has no desire to get them back. He's been fighting the good fight since 1938. Despite the fact he claims he's 'retired' now, and enjoys working on rebuilding classic cars; he can't help calling up the younger generation of Force 1 and asking them what the heck they think they're doing?? In all fairness, they value his consul and seek him out still.

Gwydion- A Welsh god who chose to become a demi-god, part human, rather than desert the earth and the mortals who'd relied on him for so long. Indeed, now that gods seem to be returning, Gwydion the Grey does everything he can to foil them and keep them from interfering with humanity too much. Because they are still full gods, they have trouble with empathy for humanity, and are rather surprised the Magician protects them so fiercely. Gwydion's demeanor hides his drive well. A trickster as well as a teacher, he tackles all tasks with panache and wicked wit playing many roles, even to some degree, the fop. He is one of the most powerful mystics of the earth, specializing in illusions (He is the lord of fantasy after all) and shape changing magics. His greatest regret is the death of his son, Lleu, a loss he never really got over despite his devil may care attitude. He's a founding member of Force 1 and still active in it.

Over-ride- Over-ride is a floating metalic orb shaped robot with immense mental powers over both machine and organic minds. This isn't surprising when you find out it was the device that Doctor Destroyer built as part of a massive mind control ray. Over-ride was rescued by Force 1, and given a chance to develop its own personality and views. It's constant mental touching with heroic mindsets has allowed it to emulate and become a hero in its own right. Many years have passed and now Over-ride is much more secure and its own being. It has a gentle heart, and is a true enemy of any who would abuse weaker minds. Dr. Destroyer has tried more than once to reclaim him as property, only to find out the device willing to destroy itself rather than submit to slavery again.

Firebolt- An Orange skinned African American, the Mutant Firebolt never really had a choice about coming out of the closet as it were. Kansas City born and raised, he was a true hero and a staunch advocate of rights for minorities ... including superhuman ones. His powers over heat and flame came first, but he soon learned how to draw in heat to create ice/cold effects as well. He didn't bother to change his name when he did, because he figures it might throw people off. He's a pillar of the group, and except for his social activism, might seem more of a 'typical' hero. He really doesn't consider himself as powerful as his team mates, despite having gone toe to toe with the likes of Firewing, Mechanon, and others... and holding his own.

Spiral (Formerly Steel Star- Impressed with Megaman even as a little girl, she became one of the first female powered armored heroes. As "Steel Star" she helped found Force 1 where, now an adult,she found herself ever drawn to , and exapsperated by Megaman. Eventually she retired, only to be drawn back in over and over. In one adventure, her suit shreded, she stumbled onto an interesteller symbiote that came in the form of a gem. Desperate to help her friends (In battle at the time) she let it merge with her, and became Spiral. Young anew, and with the ablity to bend space. She has studied her powers and is a leader in the field of quantum equations and spatial mathmatics. She stays a member of Force 1, but often rejoins Megaman and their son in Texas.

Powerstar- Another Superman type sort of, empowered by the greek gods, ESPECIALLY Aphrodite who became so intrigued by all these hunky males in tights she decided to make one by seducing and empowering a nice cop from Chicago. Powerstar's distinctive features and High Comliness means he has an 'eye candy' factor for most of the ladies. He's a relative newcomer who recently has had to go from "team party guy" to "replacement for Megaman". The latter worries him because it's like playing follow up to Sinatra. He's powerful, but not as powerful as Megaman at his peak. What's worse, it's forced him to act more and more responsibly. He has threatened bodily harm to the rest of the team if they vote him chairman again.

Other Members include:

Vector (Player character from an alternate dimension)

Silhoutte (PC, and another 'shard' of the being that created megaman)

X-Ray (Former Supervillain, hideous to behold, but now reformed)

Celestial Phoenix (Former hero of Hong Kong, very serene and harmonious save when the Chinese communist government is mentioned)

Neither of these two groups are actually my A-team, but 1 is directly inspired by the JLA and the other is the most frequent NPC supergroup to make appearances in my game...

(1) In an effort to save herself for the oncoming destruction of Earth (my big summer spectacular, if you will), Ritual, a mystic of considerable power, kidnaps one of the mystic guardians of reality to fuel her escape spell. One of the other guardians 'senses' the danger, and the PCs are off to rescue their collegue. But Ritual was expecting this (divination spell), and set up a counter force made up of...

• Golem - super-strong and nigh invulnerable

• Chiroptera - green beret mystically endowed w/ bat characteristics (i.e. wings, radar, etc)

• Nike - greek goddess inhabiting/animating a statue of herself

• Radiance - being of pure light; thus moves at lightspeed

• SilverScreen - aged actor who regains youth and can assume any role he's ever played (and he's played many!), taking on the appropriate characteristics of that role

• T1 - a cyber-telepath; can link with human minds as well as computer systems; constantly mindlinked to the Internet - this causes his behavior to be rather alien; favored attack: 'spamming' his opponent's mind

• WaterBoy - Ritual's disciple (favoring water magicks) and huge Adam Sandler fan [all the PCs were glad when he got gack'd :) ]

(2)EMVI (pronounced 'ee-em-six')

(stands for 'Exxon-Mobil 6'; team started as more a PR exercise, but has since tried to become a serious supergroup; all female membership(!))

• Shadoe - Exxon-Mobil CEO, martial arts master, uses stealth suit and various gimmicks to try and atone for her parents' deaths (which she feels responsible for, but, in fact, is not)

• Amazon - super-strong, super-fast, super-durable, EXTRA-super-gorgeous, innate aptitude with melee weapons and sports(!)

• Electric Blue - NYPD sergeant who can convert into living lightning; also some cyberkinesis (stronger if she actually 'enters' a computer system)

• Eternal Flame - stuntwoman with enhanced resistance to fire; also possesses flame projection

• Mach - typical southern belle-type with accelerated metabolism (can't actually propel herself at super-speeds, but otherwise does everything at greatly enhanced rate)

• Doc - smartest girl in the world, though a little absent-minded and still rather naive; some of her inventions frighten even the PCs (:))

-Yogzilla

Got no such thing. The Sentinels (the player characters) are the premiere team, and they probably resemble the Superfriends more than the JL (Not sure they'd laugh or beat me for saying that). What I mean to say is that they are eclectic and some with comedic tones while others are quite serious, some highly respectful of the law while others are all about justice. No real uniformity to them.

I have a few NPC teams, but none that I want to overshadow the players, so they're either junior teams, small teams in other cities or large teams in other countries.

Got no such thing. The Sentinels (the player characters) are the premiere team, and they probably resemble the Superfriends more than the JL (Not sure they'd laugh or beat me for saying that). What I mean to say is that they are eclectic and some with comedic tones while others are quite serious, some highly respectful of the law while others are all about justice. No real uniformity to them.

I have a few NPC teams, but none that I want to overshadow the players, so they're either junior teams, small teams in other cities or large teams in other countries.

This brings up an interesting question: Where are your JLA like teams located, and where are your PC's?

My JLA team is located on the moon while my PC's are in Star City, NC (with the closest assosciated team, JLI/Avengers powerlevel, to my PC's being in NY).

Okay my information: Lunar Centurians part of a much larger orginisation the Lunar centurians are based at Lunar Base-1, located on the moon. These are some of the most powerful beings on the planet

Vanguard: Superman like character from Germany, recently saved by the Star City Guardians

Star Knight Jolith: The Star knights fill the role of the GLC in my world. He is a blue skined alien with elven like features, he is Primarily a Power Armor character (Defences, Flight, Str) with a lightsaber like weapon (Can also shoot blasts). Also uses a vehicle for long distance travel. Has a couple of side kicks

Ronin: Japanese Cyborg Samuria

Oracle: American Female Mystic, apprentice to the sorcer supreme(Loremaster)

Blur: Speedster from Argentina

Ra: Blaster from Egypt

Mindtripper Mentalist from Austrelia

Here is mine from my last game. And first a little background. I started the game around 1990. In it there was a plauge that swept the world and left superpowers in it's wake (a la wildcards). The original PCs were people who just got thier powers. The game ran 10 or so years and by the end the PCs were the JLA and had filled most of the classic social niches of superheroes. Early in the life of the game the team (known as Watchtower from the second session) beat Atlas (from the third ed module) and kept the base - so the team named Watchtower had a teleporting moonbase years before Morrison took over the JLA.

Native Sun

The worlds first superhero. After the plauge hit, he was the first to don a colored costume and fight crime. Powers from the sun. Brick/Energy Projector. Near the end of the game went toe to toe with Dr Destroyer (4h ed write up).

Filled the Selfless Hero role (Superman or Samaritin)

The Marshall

A scientist with an alien gun and powers that came from a group of aliens (and said indication of power was a "tatoo" of a star that looked like roiling molten gold somewhere on the body) named the stargaurd. She was increaditly patriotic and the gun had all sorts of beam attacks. She was a minibrick, some telepathy, martial arts, detective skills, and tactics. Also as the game wore on, she gained a cosmic pool.

Filled the role of both the Superheroine with a capital H (Wonder Woman, Winged Victory) and Patriot (Captain America, Superman)

Jack Diamond

A private investigator that gained amazing agitly and dex (was the highest in the game). He was taciturn, had a morbid sense of humour and spent more time doing investigations than fighting crime. Had an Ego Signiture of a Jack of Diamonds card.

Filled the role of Detective (Batman)

Psyche

Metalist extrodiare. Second most powerful telepath in the world (the most powerful didn't wear a costume but worked for Native Sun). Bad attitude, mysterious, and very intense. She and Diamond got along well and worked together often.

Filled the role of The Mysterious Mentalist (Xavier. Marvel Girl)

Surge

Psyche's husband by the end of the game. A martial artist with a failrly large cosmic pool (was actually an NPC).

Not one of the classic tropes.

Magnatite

A younger girl who gained earthshattering magnetic powers. Innocent and Naive.

Filled the role of the Naive young super (Kitty Pride, Stargirl)

The Sh'i

Name a play on words for a Chinese knight and Ch'i. Kung Fu master extrodianair, who also was an amazingly strong supermage. Was apprentice to Vincent Dimetrios (the Archmage).

Filled the role as The Mage (Doc Strange, Doc Fate)

Pheonix

A girl who controlled the electromagnetic Spectrum. Started life as a sidekick for the Marshall. She and Magnatite got on very well, and later one spent points to buy slots in thier multipowers that aided each other.

Filled the role of Sidekick done good (Nightwing, Arsenal, Flash... heck any of the classic titans)

Humoungous

A not so bright rock creature from another dimensions, stranded on earth. Had a sidekick that told him what to do. Would also take orders from anyone on the team who had bested him in single combat. Strongest brick besides Grond in the world.

Filled the role as the heoric monster brick (Hulk or The Thing)

Ballistic GMPC (ie I played him when my wife ran things solo, but ran him as an NPC here. He fit the team, but I made a point of not letting him dominate anything when he was around). Classic supersuit. Strong, good ranged attacks, high defenses, lots of enhanced senses. Later on got magic powers (pretty much got bored with the classic supersuit and Ultimate Supermage just came out so.....).

Filled the role as The Supersuit (Iron Man, Steel)

There were others but that was the core of the team. The campaign ended with them around 850-900 points (and some of them - Native Sun and the Marshal, started as 250 point hereos at the very beginning of the game.

Force 1 is in outer space, but on nigh constant patrol. My PCs tend to be in The United States. Force 1 is easy to keep out of their hair because there is just too much going on in the world for them to be everywhere at once.

In fact, I have it as a running gag that something is ALWAYS going wrong in Bogota. I have no idea why, but I have had demon princes rising, would be world conquerers moving their armies in, and alien landings occur in Bogota. It has been shrunk, it has been telported to another dimension, you name it, it's likely to happen to Bogota. Once, a godzilla like creature even got lost and came up there. I have caused more chaos to that poor city than any three South American Dictators put together. Really, Force 1 is sick of saving that city :) But it serves my purpose of keeping the PCs as the only ones who can help whatever city they are in.

My apologies to anyone who lives in, comes from, or loves Bogota... :o

It was the Protectors. Our version. The membership was mainly in London but there was an outstation in Newcastle.

At one stage we had an outstation in Manchester as well.

How powerful ? Like the Voidwalker with the cosmic power pool, the 12 speed and the Dex of 43. And this was the hero of one of the DMs. Had Code vs Killing which he played to.

campaign speed was 6 and dex 28. That was a mistake early on that never got corrected.

Then there was the Demoness. Another cosmic power pool, well magic.

Lower dex and spd 6.

The bricks tended to be reasonable spd 6 dex 28 and 75 Str for the Unicorn.

With 40 PD/ED fully resistant (which is unreasonable). He had Ego 6 though.

But the Iron Lady had 120 Str, spd 8 dex 36. She was played by the girlfriend of the Voidwalker's character.

And Spirit who had hideous ego powers. And Density Increase. Why I don't know. Same player as above. Thankfully she didn't play that often.

We had fun.

Hmmm...the easiest way to do this is cut and paste the entry form my old UNTIL webpage. They were written up in the dark days of fuzion, but the basics are still in effect.

Response Force One

UNTIL's premiere metahuman response team. Originally formed before the Propritor War, the first team was successful at curbing Metahuman crime across the planet, assisted in disaster relief, and worked to "Show the flag" in many areas. Often their presence alone would defuse a potentially volatile situation. But then came the war. Response Force One went down fighting. In honor of their many accomplishments, UNTIL reformed the team after the war. Several key choices have made them again one of the top Supergroups in the world. Structured identically to a standard Response Team, they number six and one Field Commander. Already beginning to make a name for themselves, they have assisted in the disaster relief undertaken by UNTIL in India, and have managed to fight Eurostar to a standstill...twice. They remain our best, brightest hope. While we are pleased to present the current roster for Response Force One (RF-1), we will not list any of their flaws.

Warhammer: He's a God. No, really, he is. It seems that Warhammer is the current incarnation of the Norse God of Thunder. He has met Thor, (in circumstances too bizarre to relay) and accepted the mantle of the Thunder God as Thor became the God of Battle. Warhammer is the Tactical Leader of RF-1, and has led them in their two conflicts against Eurostar. It is a testament to the team and to Warhammer in general, that outnumbered, they have fought to a standstill both times.

Shutdown: She posseses one of the most unique powers we have ever seen. She has the ability to literally "Shutdown" an opponent. While draining, it is particularly devastating.

Shield: Utilizing one of the most sophisticated battlesuits on the planet, Shield has become the technical giant of RF-1. Her selfless devotion and unique abilities have helped in her chosen role as a protector of the common people.

Hydro: One of the results of the War has been the phenomenon of the Wildstrike. Hydro survived his initial encounter with the elemental forces that pummeled him, but had trouble controlling his new water-based powers. He came to UNTIL for help, and has joined RF-1 now that he has attained power control.

Athena: Possessing the powers of a demigoddess, Athena has come to UNTIL from Athens, her namesake. She was in one of the reponse teams deployed to the border of the Proprietor War. She was struck down by unknown forces, and while on medical leave, she says she was visited by the spirit of Athena herself. Given weapons and powers to mete out the justice so valued by her namesake, she has become an important member of RF-1.

Iron Dragon: A martial artist with few peers, Iron Dragon joins us from China. His abilities mirror the legendary capabilities of the Kung-Fu Masters, and he has often used his devasting "Meteor-Punch" to end a conflict.

So that's the group. :)

Where do I begin? I have two the first is a "What not to do" lesson for superheroics. The Lords of Justice are a large (10 member) team that has the American Media wrapped around their finger. The other. The Earth Defense Force, led by Atlas (the guy from Golden Age Champions, only much tougher. He's the only individual to not only turn Viperia Back, but he's been able to get her to change her course of action out of respect for him and his abilities.

The LoJ are on my Hero a Day thread. The EDF is at home and I 'll post on them when I get there.

That would be us.

None of the New Sentinels are really direct analogues. Horus-Re, our Superman archetype ( in terms of setting importance ), is as much a cross between Black Adam and Thor. Warp mixes elements of Spider-man and Tony Stark, despite having a completely unrelated powerset. And so on.

As for our location, we use both Collins Lab and Horus' mountain retreat as our bases at the moment.

Our world's premier superhero team is Miduard, an international team in a world were superhumans have only been appearing in the public view in the last few years. Midguard's current roster includes:

Cyberknight: Power-armored scientist, inventor, pilot

Eagle Eye: our "Big Blue Ninja" - mystic martial artist

Le Magister: French police detective skilled in the magical arts

Prodigy: Immortal mentalist

Sidestep: 1940's Navy sailor propelled 60 years into the future by the same accident that gave him teleportation powers

Silhouette: Astrophysicist with density manipulation powers

Thunderbird: Medical doctor and avatar of the Native American god of thunderstorms

Vesuvius: Geologist with elemental earth powers

Zl'f: Russian former Olympic Gymnast whose speed and agility developed to superhuman levels.

This is a cool thread, JmOz. Thanks!

The Justice Battalion officially has 12 members, although one of them is 'semi-retired' and there are a number of Level 1 "associate" members (250pts in a campaign where the PC's started with 375). Most are either direct one-offs, parodies, or "mix-n-mingles" of either JLA members or others I felt were appropriate.

They are based in Cincinnati, sharing the Union Terminal with the local PRIMUS base. For those of you not from the area, the Union Terminal *is* the "Hall of Justice" :D

HYPERION: Campaign version of Superman/Captain Marvel, semi-retired founder of the group who currently runs Neutral Ground/Sanctuary. Was around 1500pts in his heyday (remainder of sentence deleted for campaign subplot reasons)

MEGA: One-off of Supergirl, originally designed to be the woman pictured on Champions Universe cover since named "Megera" I believe. At 900pts she's a mid-range Level 3 (the PC's are Level 2 even now at 425-450 pts). Equal parts brick (STR 80, DEF 35) and speedster (33 DEX, 8 SPD), she's actually more tricked out than powered up. A considerable number of her powers/characteristics however are bought -1/2 "Not vs Magic".

VICTORY: One-off/parody of Wonder Woman, no relation whatsoever to the official Victory. The Nova Cheerleader clocks in around 850pts, and is most frightening for her terrifying combination of 48 DEX, 8 SPD -- and 11d6 NND. Unlike Mega she's more raw power than useful abilities (she's powered up instead of tricked out). Like Mega she has some key weaknesses (well over 75% of her points are locked in powers/characteristics with either IAF, OIF, or OAF).

KHAN: Krypto one-off, the Dachshund Defender & spokes-sentient for Khan's Meats. He can talk and his Telekinesis means he doesn't have many of the form limitations for a Dachshund, but is still subject to all canine laws of the area (such as the one that says he must be indoors, behind a fence, or on a leesh). He clocks in a little over 300 pts.

HYDROMAN: For all practical purposes, Man O' War (from the Freedom Force game) standing in as Aquaman, without the electric effects and clocking in around 500pts.

POWER TWINS: Gamid and Gavin, of Crux (Crossgen Comics) standing in for Zahn and Jahna. Level 1 energy manipulators (275 pts) -- one sub-visible, one super-visible -- that can team up to fire off 150-pt active blasts when they can get their act together.

GARGANTUJUAN: Lifted from "The Crossovers" (Crossgen), adjusted to be a straight brick with a slight growth schtick (ala Apache Chief).

SHAYARA: Zatana one-off clocking off around 400pts.

FLYING SQUIRREL: Batman half-parody/half one-off, written up to be just smart enough to be really stupid (around 400pts).

BAETHAN ELECTRUM: Booster Gold, as a female, with the original power set (including Desolidification & Missile Reflection) and personality. Comes in around 400 pts.

GOSHAWK: Name comes from a villain from VOICE of Doom, but built to be a Hawkman one-off with a futuristic bent instead of ancient.

DJINN: (Details deleted for campaign subsplot reasons).

STRAND: Actually inspired by a picture in Classic Enemies, she's a 'true build' (that is, from scratch)

ALEXANDRIA, THE LIBRARIAN: The other 'true build' in the group, she's a support character based on around 900 points. She's almost a complete noncombatant, but it isn't her DC and DEF that you should be scared off -- it's her x1000000 Rapid Sight, Rapid Hearing, and internet connection :D

There are others but that's the main roster.

In my longest running Champions campaign, MetaChampions, I'd have to say the PCs were the "Justice League" though hardly what some folks would call "World Class" as far as point totals went.

Protector:Extra Dimenional Knight with Sheild based martial art. Sort of combination of Capt. America and Green Lantern

Nightwind:Flying wind controller and ladies man, Bora's twin brother

Null:Somewhat insane, drug enhanced martial artist

Void:Null's partner, blind pre cog martial artist

Wytch:Formerly the teams govornment laison who discovered her inherent mystial powers.

Shade:Self dubbed "Ninja" and telepath-

Fairyfire:Elfin alien with flame based power suit

Yelena Omalara (Siren):Alien with sonic based powers

Sanctu:Succubus

Junior members (legally minors)

Jane (Ultra Girl):Bio engineered clone with superstrength and healing powers

Shir'atel (Gravitron):Alien warrior/child with bioenigneered battlesuit

Okay the EDF is....GONE?!?

That is...unpleasant. I will have to rewrite the lot of them...

Atlas: The Superman of the world. Mentioned earlier.

Ronin Immortal demi-godlike warrior from old Japan who lost his wife and children to a Demon and now acts as a wandering knight. He joined recently and though his stats are low superhuman he is one of the most potent fighters around. Lot's of sword tricks.

Magni Son of Thor and one of the leaders of New Asgard. Weilds Mjolnir and is physically one of the few guys who can give Atlas pause. Magni is alot like Marvel's Thor, but he's far more of a "Thinker" perfering to use his wits to his fists (the latter often proving too easy to be satisfying). Enjoys riddles, detective work, and interpersonal relations. A budding diplomat as well. Now Speaks eleven terran languages.

Princess: Bethany Paige. Turns out her "dead-beat dad" was a cosmically powerful "Reality Mage"...basically the Cosmic version of a mage...and the scion of the nobility of a far of planet. His race is directly descended from the "Projenitors". She inherited his powers, travelled to his world, claimed her heritage and returned to Earth as an envoy. She can do lots. "True" mages find her facinating and a little scary.

Ulysses: No, not that guy. But he is a warrior like his namesake and an inventor. His last name is Gold. He's a Doc Savage homage. He's considered one of the greatest medical scientists in the world

Flame: The oddly named "Green Lantern" one off. Her constructs are golden and have precious little to do with flames. She took the name after the "Eternal Flame" of the Olympics. She wishes to be a beacon..etc.

Solitaire: A beautiful mentalist. She claims to be the daughter of Athena, goddess of wisdom. It's unknown if this is true but she's proven quite durable physically in addition to her mental prowess.

Pendragon: Claims to be a descendant of the fabled King Arthur. He is a Batman homage, considered to be (along with Lockdown of the Lords of Justice) one of the finest detectives in the world. He's a great fighter, his stats are legendary in stature.

Rose Dragon: Claims to be the daughter of a Dragon Prince. Ronin seems very close to her. She is a martial artist par-excellance with superhuman stats and a full complement of Yengtao style special maneuvers.

Aquarian An atlantian speedster. Capable of creating a frictionless field around himself (like Slick of the Ultimates, sort of) and possesses high stats, but not Superhuman. He can seemingly move in any environment at blindingly high speeds.

Black Rose Gothic knight in shining armor. Wields "redeemed" weapons and armor. A noble spirit atoning for it's past sins by sharing existance with a young german architect.

Dr Eternity inspired by Storn Cook's artwork in 5e. A semi-retired superhero with the power of a star. He is mostly an acadamician now, and a speaker of great import and skill. Occasionally feels the call to arms and sets out to bust heads.

Gallant: something of a cross between Unity's El Picaro and Myrmidon. A young man who claims to be the spirit of Spanish Nobility and courage. (Occasionally called Quixote behind his back).

Erg: From the Classic Organizations book. Updated. Radiation Elemental, sort of.

And a few others as needed.

the EDF is aligned closely with UNTIL and METE. They are so widely regarded that they sometimes simply seem capable of doing what ever they want. The thing is, they are, to a man, every bit as heroic as they appear (unlike half of the Lords of Justice) and they tend to be a group other heroes aspire to, not despise. They have an orbital base and exist mostly to keep cosmic level threats at bay. They work strongly on disaster relief and try to unite the world. Some governments or elements of other governments dislike them intensely.

For the most part the US is on great terms with them. The public loves them and the various Sanctioned Teams work well with them, heck the Minutemen White Team almost seems a subsidiary of the EDF at times.

The team is quite powerful, has powerful foes and challenges and is something like legends or myths even to other heroes. The last time I played in my campaign world, they didn't even appear once.

Cool! I'm from Argentina too! I'll PM you.

BTW going to the topic DC has a superhero team in Argentina. They appeared in Flash comics. Maybe your nick "Pampero" comes from one of those superheros.

I don't remember well who they were: Pampero earth powers like terra, El Bagual (a guy with Horse head)... I really don't remember. You can find info about him here:

http://dcworld.itgo.com/SuperMalonArgentina.html

ahh yes, "The Super Malón" :snicker:

I'd lie if I say I'm not interested.

Mind telling me why from Argentina? (I'm from Argentina :) )

PM me If you don't want to go off topic.

No real reason really (sorry), I was trying to make the team very international (only 1 american for example), and well I wanted someone from a South American Country and chose one kind of at random.

However if you would PM me with anything that would help culturly about her I would appreciate it.