Sorcerous Family/Association on City of Heroes

Dynamo

Re: Sorcerous Family/Association on City of Heroes

Dug up some Ars Magica characters.

I will try to make at least one of the following characters:

JM Mordeaux: A Dark Dark Defender (D3) more than likely.

The Bennemagistus: Some type of Controller

Santonegra: A Dark/Reflex Scrapper

Shield Grog: Either a Mace or Axe / Invul Tank or a Broadsword/Invul Scrapper

and just to show I can be a team player:

Marco LeFey: some kind of blaster.

Im logging to do it now

Dug up some Ars Magica characters.

I will try to make at least one of the following characters:

JM Mordeaux: A Dark Dark Defender (D3) more than likely.

The Bennemagistus: Some type of Controller

Santonegra: A Dark/Reflex Scrapper

Shield Grog: Either a Mace or Axe / Invul Tank or a Broadsword/Invul Scrapper

and just to show I can be a team player:

Marco LeFey: some kind of blaster.

Im logging to do it now

Finished. Names as above except drop the JM on Mordeaux.

Benne is a Illusion/EMpathy

Shield Grog is a Mace/Invul

Marco is a Fire/Ice

So is this thing happening or not; I havent seen anyone else on or any traffic here about whats going on.
Sorry. I originally started this with the intent of driving greater participation, but I've gotten slammed with RL time commitments, so I haven't been able to play as much as I'd like.

However, my original intent was to create something of a casual association of magical characters who would have an excuse to team up or just help each other out when encountered on the streets of Paragon City. A formal Super Group called either House LeFey or The Hermetic Council or what have you would be icing on the cake, but mainly I was looking at an exercise in cummunity building.

Not to say that individuals can't use this thread or any other communication medium to hatch more formal plots. That's purely at their option. When I have more time (soon), I plan some plots myself.

We've just gotten started. Give it some time to gain a life of its own.

So is this thing happening or not; I havent seen anyone else on or any traffic here about whats going on.

Well, I've been playing Morrigan, but she's gotta split time with my main (Empyrean on Pinnacle), so she's only level 7 so far. Plus, it looks like I might be the only member of the 'family' who currently resides in the Eastern time zone, so I'm not often on when all you western types are... ;)

I'll keep an eye out for Vargo, though, and maybe I'll see more of you folks this weekend.

As an aside, Im kind of intrigued by the differences between Ice/Fire vs Fire/Ice for Blasters.

They are similar at their roots, but with varying pros & cons. Granted, Ive only leveled both characters to 4th and 5th level respectively, but the base powers are the ones you use the most anyway.

It seems like the Fire/Ice is better vs large mobs of even con and below, while Ice/Fire is better at smaller mobs of tougher opponents. Anyone else try both out and have any insights?

So far my character's been taking a "comic book" norse approach. It's cool but doesn't explain a) how I got the name mispelled :o, or B) why I claim I am from England. Of course I am 200+ years old. Perhaps we came from Germany.

My mother was a fire giant...

I had One HoT Momma. *cue groans from studio audience*

It seems like the Fire/Ice is better vs large mobs of even con and below, while Ice/Fire is better at smaller mobs of tougher opponents. Anyone else try both out and have any insights?

Well, I've got no direct experience with either combo, but 2 of my RL friends are playing Fire/Fire and Ice/Ice blasters, and what you've suggested is certainly true of the primary sets (Fire is better at large groups of minions, Ice is better at small numbers of stronger mobs). For instance, Fearfrost (the Ice/Ice blaster) routinely solos oj Consiglieres, who slaughter Empyrean (my Energy/Energy guy) and Flamejack (the Fire/Fire model). On the other hand, Flamejack thinks nothing of soloing a large mob of oj minions, which Fearfrost is more frightened of than the lieutenants and bosses.

One combo that I've considered is Ice/Energy. I'd like to see how much effect Boost Power has on Ice's slows and holds.

Yeah, I've teamed extensively with WilyQ's Ice/Ice blaster Hypothermic with my main Hype, from 2nd level up to now (Hypothermic is now 35), and I also teamed a lot with a Fire/Fire named Firesong, up to level 32 for her, so I knew what to expect more or less, but I was suprised at the degree of difference, and how well balanced they seem to be objectively.

I logged Vargo for about 30m last night and got him to 6th, but Im not happy with Combustion and might reroll the character since I have so little time invested. Slow animation, PBAoE, and very weak base damage. Ugh.

Could someone start a master name list? I would' date=' but I suck at that sort of thing :D[/quote']

My friends list currently consists of:

Ariel LeFey (Dynamo)

Ash LeFey (Dynamo)

Baron LeFay (Enforcer)

Joshua LeFey (Gary Ciaramella)

Morrigan LeFey (Haerandir)

Vargo LeFey (KillerShrike)

Vindaloo LeFey (Lemming)

Am I missing anyone?

Hey All

Dont post much but been around awhile been playing Champs forever and have been playing CoH since it came out.

Hope to team up with you all soon sound like it could be lots of fun.

I've Been playing Magnus LeFey (EMP/Dark Def) and just hit Lvl 10 last night

Hope to see ya in Paragon