What I have planned for my players tommarrow

SuperBlue

Gonna somewhat use a timeline to provide background for the adventure. My game takes place in Kansas City (a Comic book version of KC). Not too far away is and AFB where the B-2 Bombers are located.

4 years ago: the USAF hires Defense Contractors Global Technologies to develope a new Stealth Bomber, the X-22 Shadow. The X-22 is far more advanced than any other Stealth technology - opposed to simply deflecting/absorbing Radar, it bends Radar around it. What's more, it is equiped with new sensor technology that works similar to radar but looks for the ripples of electromagnetic energy put out by electrical currents. Most importantly the X-22 is capable of circumnavigating the globe in a single trip, which eliminates the need for risky in-flight refueling.

1 Year Ago: Warlord's Spies uncovered reports of the X-22's capabilities. Knowing that the Sensors package alone was a threat to him provoked his interest. He ordered his spies to find out when and where the X-22 would be debuting so he could arrange for it's theft.

Modern Day: The local AFB is ready to debut the X-22. Warlord already has a company of Shadow Army troops ready to seize the base. To make sure no one interferes (Namely PRIMUS, UNTIL, and the City's newest heroes), Warlord sends The War Machine along. What Warlord doesn't expect is that a spy within his own ranks contacts one of the PC's being hunted by Warlord and warns said PC of the attack.

Thus said, the PC's will be waiting for the attack when War Machine attacks. Warbird will be focusing on stealing the X-22 while the others battle the heroes.

If the PC's can't stop Warbird from stealing the X-22, I'll provide them a means of sneaking abord Warlord's flying fortress. If they can stop the theft (or destroy the X-22 by mistake) then I'll have warlord make an appearance.

What you think?

Re: What I have planned for my players tommarrow

I'd say grabbing the plane is almost as good as the plans. No matter what he steals from the base, I doubt he could get all copies of the plans, or at least all components of the plans (the wheel assembly is on engineer A's computer, and the fuel tank model is still on engineer b's desk, etc). If he has the plane, he can study it and figure out appropriate counter measures. If I were this guy, I'd see if I could send along a WMD to take out the base, the plans, and the engineers who made them.

Didn't you just describe the automated plane at the end of Macross Plus??

Anyway, the plan looks good, though two things to spice it up:

Stealing the prototype is nice to have a completely built system working for you, but stealing the plans prevents you from have to reverse engineer things, especially computer component parts, like firmware.

If I were Warlord I'd have two plans going, one to get the plane - this would be the flashy everyone sees the attack plan. But getting the plane itself isn't that pressing, just high profile.

two would be to get the plans for the plane, specifically two things: how the stealth component works (materials, build specs, etc) and any proprietary programs the onboard computer uses (especially the ones that control the stealth capabilities and flight capabilities). Also, fuel sources and engine builds because something with that kind of range would be nice to have - and several things could use an engine with that kind of fuel effeciency. Actual schematics for how the plane was put together would be icing on the cake but not required for evil nefarious plans. Especially since if you have the stealth components you can work on a way to counter it which can be even more important - even if Warlord can't replicate it he can try and foil it which will be just as effective.

Guest rbezold

Just for a giggle...

And I appreciate this might not get to you in time...

Back in WWII there was another stealth aircraft. It was the British 'Mosquito', a light fighter made entirely of balsa wood. The radar would go right through it, so it couldn't be picked up. It couldn't take the stress of a dogfight, so it would just zip in, strafe something, and run for it.

Just for laughs, why not have the favorite looney villain of your choice zip in with one of these and steal the plane out from under everybody's noses?