Help with Stopping Missile

Acroyear II

I'm running a Champions scenario this coming Saturday in which a villian fires a large missile at the Reniassance Building. I'd like to give the heroes the option of actually stopping the missile by flying up to it an using their strength to halt it's movement. I'm using the rules on pages 238-239 of the Hero 5th Edition, but I'm having some trouble determining the speed and strength of the missile. Could you guys give me your thoughts on this?

The missile is being fired from a 4 SPD aircraft. The missile is megascale, so the craft will be quite a distance away from the target building when it is fired. Normally, the attack should strike in the same phase as it was fired. But I'd like to give the heroes a chance to stop it by halting it's movement. What would the missile's SPD be? What about it's STR? How much movement should it have per Phase? The missile itself is big, being 12' long and about 1' wide.

Thanks in advance,

Acroyear II

Hey, If I give you a way to do it will you do my character next for the design the costume thread? J/K

Seriously the way I do missiles is to buy them as a summon (100% loyal) of a vehicle, If you wish I could post my Nova Missile as an example. But essentialy from there you just have to figure out how fast it can go, and how big of a earth shattering Kaboom it will be

Originally posted by Monolith

An easier way to deal with this is to define the missile as a vehicle. Examples of this are given in TUV. By making the missile a vehicle you know how strong it is, how fast it moves, how much damage will be needed to destroy it, ect.

Thanks. I'll probably do that. I just purchased the TUV book Tueday, but haven't had a chance to look at it. I'll check it out tonight.

Acroyear II

An easier way to deal with this is to define the missile as a vehicle. Examples of this are given in TUV. By making the missile a vehicle you know how strong it is, how fast it moves, how much damage will be needed to destroy it, ect.

To elaborate, I would base the missile's STR on its weight. So, it were a 100kg missile, I would give it a 10 STR.

Originally posted by JmOz

Oops, sorry about that

Not your fault. All micronauts look alike ;)

Except that little guy who had the egyptian sarcophagus. What was his name? That guy was cool.

Oops...sorry...I wandered off topic. I'm good at that.

Originally posted by Blue

Not your fault. All micronauts look alike ;)

Except that little guy who had the egyptian sarcophagus. What was his name? That guy was cool.

Pharoid was the Egyptian guy. Damn the Micronauts were cool!

You're right about many of them looking alike. Time Traveler, Space Glider, and Galactic Warrior all had identical heads. (Must've been cheaper that way: 1 mold.) Acroyear looked pretty distinct though.

I guess I just joined your hijack, Blue. Did someone say something about a missile?

Cool! Looks like Palisades Toys is re-releasing the micronauts! Just placed an order :-) I'm 34 going on 12.

Oh--er-um... Missiles. Yes. Now. We were talking about missiles. So here goes. Missiles... Are good! I whole-heartedly endorse missiles.

Originally posted by JmOz

Oops, sorry about that

Do you want the Nova Missile for something to go on?

No thank you, JmOz. Turns out that the AIM-7 Sparrow missile on page 131 of the Ultimate Vehicle is almost exactly what I need, so I'm using it's stats.

Thanks again, though.:)

Acroyear II