Ultimate Update!

Enforcer84

Re: Ultimate Update!

Okay, since Champions and CKC have come out in 2002 we've had CU, Millennium City, UMA, HUV, G&G, USPD, Mystic World, Arcane Adversaries, DEMON, UB, U:DOF, V:COS, DC:HOV, and will soon be graced with Vibora bay and the Ultimate Mystic (and then Mentalist)

Given the plethora of new information...pluse a few sample characters and updates...

How do you think our friends and foes have changed in the last two years?

Let's Start with the easy stuff:

The Champions: (How much XP does one earn in 2 years?)

Defender now can look to Gadgets and Gear

Ironclad can look to The Ultimate Brick and the USPD

Witchcraft can look to the Mystic World and later The Ultimate Mystic

Sapphire and Kinetic have the USPD

And Nighthawk? He's only got the full might of Ultimate Martial Artist, Gadgets and Gear, Ultimate Vehicle, and Dark Champions: Heroes of Vengance for inspiration.

Ogre and Grond both got "powered up" from the Ultimate Brick how about others?

Tachyon?

Durak?

Bulldozer?

it seems so mean to have them be "simply" strong and tough, even ripper has "brick Tricks".

I love the add ons, but I wonder how I should improve the characters...

What do you think?

Defender should have lots more nifty options, more perks like a reputation to reflect his growing promence as the leader of the super hero team. Give him tactics please. Story wise, by now he should have noticed that there are women interested in him. I would also suggest more of his family (good and bad members) be developed. Surely there is at least one scumwad harmon, possibly a supervillain?

Ironclad- More brick tricks involved in using his super hard skin to deflect incoming attacks and maybe some based on his artistic abilities in sculpting. By now, he should have faced a re-encounter with his own people, possibly learning of the coming Hzeel invasion as well.

Nighthawk- Build up what he has, buy steal tricks like 'vanishing teleport' and give him a postive rep to scare the scumwads of the city. A costume change seems to be in high demand (Though the Gadgets and Gear version of it seems to be an exception for some).

Sapphire- Boost powers, give her better perks and skills to reflect her career. One could either have her career having faltered, and see how she deals with being a 'falling star' in the music industry, or ... have her be more successful than ever, but become more politically active, perhaps championing mutant and hispanic minority rights.

Witchcraft- Underconfident should definitely be bought off by now. :) I think it is a must that she equal, if not surpass her sister Talisman in mystical might.

Kinetik- Should be on the Champions Team, no doubt about it ;)

I'll think of other aspects of the CU later.

Should Witchraft (and Talisman for that matter) be given access to some of the spells from The Mystic World? In her MP or VPP?

Absolutely.

But not Duplication as Astral Projection: That one is almost worthless without instant recombination. Both of them should have many more KS from the Mystic World.

I do think that Ultimate Witchcraft should have noticeably pulled ahead of her sister. Ultimate Talisman should have limited flexibility, but have a bunch of magical artifacts to call on.

Absolutely.

But not Duplication as Astral Projection: That one is almost worthless without instant recombination. Both of them should have many more KS from the Mystic World.

I do think that Ultimate Witchcraft should have noticeably pulled ahead of her sister. Ultimate Talisman should have limited flexibility, but have a bunch of magical artifacts to call on.

Would you give Witchraft some artifacts too? Something that let's her conserve her own power? Or perhaps a semi-sentient mana stone. Like an Ioun stone that floats about her head...wait, I've heard this before :D

Would you give Witchraft some artifacts too? Something that let's her conserve her own power? Or perhaps a semi-sentient mana stone. Like an Ioun stone that floats about her head...wait' date=' I've heard this before :D[/quote']

I'd put most of her points into a big honking Cosmic VPP, and then maybe add a few utility magic items (protective amulet, flight cloak) and a Fastness in Babylon with all the fixings. As the future Arch-Mage, she shouldn't need too many items.