The KAZEI 5 Committee

Susano

Greetings,

Recently I spoke to Steve Long about revising and expanding the KAZEI 5 campaign book with the idea of presenting it to DOJ sometime in the future as a possible 5th Edition book (this will have to occur after CYBER HERO is released, of course). That said, I have begun to revise many elements of the original setting. Oddly enough, I am concentrating right now on the NPCs, coverting them over to 5th Edition format and rethinking many of their powers and the like. I am also working on a document akin to a "writer's bible," detailing the look and feel of the setting as I see it.

What I am interested from all of you is input on the setting. Such as:

What did you like about it?

What did you not like?

What would you like to see added or more of?

Any suggestions regarding people, places, historical elements you think need expansion?

I am also interested in speaking with people who have knowledge and/or an interest in the geopolitical world, history, and nation building to discuss ideas and concepts I have. Please contact me via email for more on this.

Re: The KAZEI 5 Committee

What did you not like?

Any suggestions regarding people, places, historical elements you think need expansion?

I myself never had a copy of K5, but I did read some of your stuff over at your web page.

I would keep the Nabiki Tendo NPC, and even publish her...with the serial numbers filed off enougth so that Hero woulden't make the richest woman in Japan even richer via a law suite.

What I would like to see is more of a Bubblegum Crises/Dominion Tank Police/Ghost In The Shell feal. I'm shure you had the feal in your original book, so what I am asking for is more of it.

Also some places for laffes, even dark laffes.

Don't forget your mega-disaster which forces the people to suvert to corprates to survive.

What I liked about KAZEI 5 by TheQuestionMan.

The Cybernetics guidelines and examples were of great help. For character concepts. My players took them as Canon. It also presented various styles/subgenres of play.

The Psionics "Change Environment" SFX idea was awesome.

I would like to see the various Genres, Setting, and Styles addressed like the Dark Champions layout.

Will there be a Standard Point levels to go with the changes to 5th Edition, Revised.

I would like to see an Organizations section

Plots, Sub Plots, and Meta Plots (the easiest for PC's ;)

I section of examples of Mecha/Labours/etc...

Adventures and Campaigns Sections.

Tie ins with other Games Systems and Settings. Feng Shui, WoD, C2020, Silent Mobius, Blade Runner, The Matrix(the 1st one), etc...

Quotes from the KAZEI 5 Universe much like the USDB sourcebook.

Heroes, Villians, and Canon Fodder(Normals)

Cheers

QM

Mind you that I'm doing this from memory.... (friends book...)

Cybernetics was very aptly done. MUCH better than cyber hero.

Very nice anime type feel.

Psionics SFX. Sweet.

Power armor; I love power armor.

What did you not like?

Organization seemed a little lacking. I know that it adds to page count, but consider adding face sheets for the chapters.

Needs more vehicles and weaponry.

More detail on organizations; a simple list of company names, some discussion of products would be nice. That way I can toss off brand names like it matters.

A few suggestions regarding sub-genres; how to impliment supernatural horror, a possible write-up of an example intruder (for Silent Mobius/ Babylon Tower/ Demon City/ etc...)

More vehicles. I need more than just a motorcycle, some powered armor (though I like these...), a cyber tank, and a VTOL transport are needed. Some possible discussion about personal transport might be in order. How many people really can affort their own personal flying car?

A (very brief) day in the life for the average person living in this world.

A few notes on the various sections of government would be in order. If a person does manifest, how long does it usually take to find and investigate? What does the average soldiers kit look like? How about an elite trooper? What about the average cop? A few more notes (and a bit more equipment) for the SWAT teams (and Special branch) would be appreciated.

More information on the companies providing cyberware and cyborg bodies would be good. Also, a few details on psi-tech and the companies involved might be fun. (Gotta love those russian psychics...)

Some details on hacking need to be done... If not in cyber-hero, at least some cinematic style description would be nice.

Some write-ups for 'average' citizens would be good.

(A very small section on post-cyberpunk...

I'll see if I can think of more later.

I think that if it's going to be post Cyberhero...

The Cybernetics/Psionics/Tech was very well done, but if there's going to be a genre book before hand this can be pared down to avoid redundancy...but then again that requires buying a separate book...oh well

I'd like to see more source material as well - Organizations, NPC's, Factions, Martial Arts, Magic, Monsters, etc. I seem to recall a Magic vs Technology thing going on. A paragraph or two on their interaction would be nice (Is magic inherantly superior? Nukes can't harm dragons, lasers only mildly effective. Is Technology on par? High tech monster hunters are successful, Demons can be harmed by slightly altered conventional weaponry (Silver bullets, consecrated lasers, etc.) And where does Psionic fit here? Is it a third force, a stopgap between the two... and Crunchy Anime bits.

I think that if it's going to be post Cyberhero...

The Cybernetics/Psionics/Tech was very well done, but if there's going to be a genre book before hand this can be pared down to avoid redundancy...but then again that requires buying a separate book...oh well

I presume that CYBER HERO will cover most of the cyber and tech material. The Esper section will stay, as esper powers are integral to the K5 setting (especially the way they are being treated now).

I'd like to see more source material as well - Organizations, NPC's, Factions, Martial Arts, Magic, Monsters, etc. I seem to recall a Magic vs Technology thing going on. A paragraph or two on their interaction would be nice (Is magic inherantly superior? Nukes can't harm dragons, lasers only mildly effective. Is Technology on par? High tech monster hunters are successful, Demons can be harmed by slightly altered conventional weaponry (Silver bullets, consecrated lasers, etc.) And where does Psionic fit here? Is it a third force, a stopgap between the two... and Crunchy Anime bits.

Uhm.... there is no magic versus technology. Maybe you're thinking of Shadowrun? Or Silent Mobius?