Look, Bob! Another Star!

Dust Raven

I'm still reading through Star Hero, but I was wondering...

Who uses the universe (the "The Universe, Part 1,2 & 3) creation rules and how useful are they? Some of the stuff in there seems fairly complex (and I suppose it should be), so I'm wondering how other GMs handle creating their universe.

Re: Look, Bob! Another Star!

If you liked the rules from Star Hero, make sure you check out the sector generation software in the Free Stuff section that uses these rules.

http://www.herogames.com/FreeStuff/Other%20Software/index.htm

Complex indeed.

There's software!? You mean something that will do all that nasty work for me? Spiffy!

Holy guaca!! I don't have Star Hero yet...I'm an earthbound kind of guy. But that Sector Generator ROCKS! We have a side campaign of Silent Death and I spent literally months developing star systems...and did it all by hand, and with nowhere near that quality and evenness.

Not only is this utility/proggy thing AWESOME, I'm all but drooling over the sector generation rules in Star Hero (if this is an example). Darn it, just when I had convinced myself I didn't need to buy this book yet.

DAMN YOU ALL! :)

*grumble grumble couldn't keep it to themselves could they? NOOOOOOO grumble*

Holy guaca!! I don't have Star Hero yet...I'm an earthbound kind of guy. But that Sector Generator ROCKS! We have a side campaign of Silent Death and I spent literally months developing star systems...and did it all by hand, and with nowhere near that quality and evenness.

Not only is this utility/proggy thing AWESOME, I'm all but drooling over the sector generation rules in Star Hero (if this is an example). Darn it, just when I had convinced myself I didn't need to buy this book yet.

DAMN YOU ALL! :)

*grumble grumble couldn't keep it to themselves could they? NOOOOOOO grumble*

:eg: MU-AHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Just FYI I'm working on a Mac version of the sector gen software. Its not a port of the PC software' date=' its a seperate build. I'm about half way through. Will let you know when its ready to test.[/quote']

Let me know, too. Because that sounds like a really cool thing to have.