Challenge The Jackalope - If You Dare!

jackalope

I royally screwed up my back today. Got too enthusiastic while doing some heavy lifting, and tried to Conan a box that was about fifty pounds too heavy for Conaning, and pulled my trapezius (for the eighteenth million time). Now I'm stuck doing nothing exciting, and I'm bored. The massive dose of painkillers is doing a great job of taking the hurt away, but prescription drugs lack the entertainment value of recreational ones, and I don't want to mix the two.

So I've decided to let y'all give me something to do, while I relax and take it easy. Something easy and relazing of course, no heavy lifting.

I will make you a character. Any character, any power level. I'll even do you a picture of your new character. All you have to do is give me a description of your character.

The description must be five lines. No more, no less. And you must tell me what power level you wish the character to be at. Because this is the Champions Forum, it must be a character suitable for play in the Champion's Universe.

I will take the first five challenges that aren't completely stupid. By offering up a description, you waive any right to complain when I say "No, that's completely stupid." But I doubt that anyone will ask me to build something completely stupid.

Feel free to present a real challenge, whether that be a tricky power set, or...um..a trickier power set. Yeah.

I may open this thread up to more suggestions later.

Re: Challenge The Jackalope - If You Dare!

Stix. Stix is a stickman figure who is essentially a one dimensional being spread through two dimensions, but able to sense and operate in three dimensions. He has the ability to shapechange and stretch into anything a REALLY long line can stretch into. He can even break apart into smaller lines for stuff like autofire killing attacks, but the smaller lines aren't independent. He can ignore 3 dimensional stuff he doesn't like such as gravity. He should be based on a 350 pt power level.

Stix. Stix is a stickman figure who is essentially a one dimensional being spread through two dimensions' date=' but able to sense and operate in three dimensions. He has the ability to shapechange and stretch into anything a [b']REALLY[/b] long line can stretch into. He can even break apart into smaller lines for stuff like autofire killing attacks, but the smaller lines aren't independent. He should be based on a 350 pt power level.

So if a girl likes him, she'll try to pick up Stix?

Run awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!

hehehehehe

Stix. Stix is a stickman figure who is essentially a one dimensional being spread through two dimensions' date=' but able to sense and operate in three dimensions. He has the ability to shapechange and stretch into anything a [b']REALLY[/b] long line can stretch into. He can even break apart into smaller lines for stuff like autofire killing attacks, but the smaller lines aren't independent. He can ignore 3 dimensional stuff he doesn't like such as gravity. He should be based on a 350 pt power level.

Yikes. He may not get a drawing. I dunno if I can draw that. But I'll give it a shot.

Low Powered Champions (150+100)

A martial artist who can possess people (Litteraly entering there body)

The possesed should then gain the MA's skills (including MA)

Further more he should receive some of the characters stun

If the possesed takes enough damage the posseser should be kicked out of the body

He cannot have muttonchops...

If the possesed takes enough damage the posseser should be kicked out of the body

No muttonchops? :eek:

Deal's off, bub. :tsk:

:D

A strange version of Foxbat... (this first line doesn't count, I swear!)

1. A fiendish but impractical megalomaniac gadgeteer along the lines of Foxbat in some ways and at 1250 (give or take) points.

2. Should have a corps of Followers (~4) who are ~250, obviously don't need to be well-defined (that'd probably be unfair to the challenge), but each have a gimmick befitting their master (all totally loyal).

3. Should have lots of "wonderful toys" that are utterly ridiculous but effective.

4. Should have either an MP or EC or VPP (your choice, but please include sample powers if a VPP) that reflects his ability to use the combat environment quickly a la Flaming Carrot.

5. Needs a really cool "something" to set him apart from Foxbat as well as make him "goofily yet threateningly interesting."

I would actually use this character, jackalope, if it comes out well enough, it's not an idle request.

Sorry to hear about your back. Postage to Portland is cheap so send the pills when you're done... (just kidding)

Hmmm...okay, I've been pondering this guy myself, so I'd be interested in your take on him. Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden, Wizard at large, from the Dresden novels by Jim Butcher.

6' 3", thin to the point of gaunt, dresses in black including a duster. Dark hair and eyes, clean shaven. Nothing extraordinary except his will.

Utilizes the following foci regularly: Blast rod for focused fire spells, a staff for other evocations, a charm bracelet w/ shields for a force field effect.

Common spells: Fire attacks, Wind spells (Force and TK), FF, probably in the 350 point range.

Stronger at Thaumaturgy, or planned spells similar to voodoo.

Uses self-made potions often.

Ocean is a Hyperpath. He is connected to the sum total of human awareness and experience on an unconsious level. He has used this connection to make himself an expert is dozens of scientific feilds, particular in the areas of social engineering and a peerless martial artist. He can tell what your thinking almost before you can and predict most actions with a bit of concentration. Cosmic level character.

Re: Challenge The Jackalope - If You Dare!Gary, I hate you now. This could have been a really cool character, but not for 350 points. Just can't get it to work. Here he is, and he's "okay", will definetely work as a "background character", but he's kind of weak. He can't take a hit at all - though, he's super hard to hit.STIXPlayer: For Gary

Val Char Cost
10 STR 0
23 DEX 39
13 CON 6
10 BODY 0
13 INT 3
11 EGO 2
13 PRE 3
0 COM -5
5 PD 3
5 ED 2
8 SPD 47
10 REC 10
30 END 2
25 STUN 3
6" RUN02" SWIM02" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 115
Cost Power END
20 One Dimensional Form: Elemental Control, 40-point powers
30 1) "One-Dimensional": Desolidification , Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2); Cannot Pass Through Solid Objects (-1/2), Always On (-1/2) 0
16 2) Hard To Spot: Invisibility to Sight Group , Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2); Always On (-1/4) 0
30 3) I Touch You!: Naked Modifier: Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Affects Physical World (+2) for up to 20 Active Points 0
25 4) I Touch You From Far Away!: Stretching 6", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) 0
90 Multipower, 90-point reserve
3u 1) Wrap-Around: Entangle 2d6, 4 DEF, Affects Physical World (+2); Feedback (-1), Lockout (-1/2), Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4) 9
9u 2) Attack of the Dotted Line!: Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6+1 (vs. ED), Penetrating (+1/2), Autofire (10 shots; +1), Affects Physical World (+2) 9
7u 3) "Linear Movement": Teleportation 20", No Relative Velocity, Position Shift, x4 Noncombat, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); Must Pass Through Intervening Space (-1/4) 0
Powers Cost: 230
Cost Skill
1 Electronics 8-
2 KS: Sports Trivia 11-
2 KS: Stuff 11-
Everyman Skills
0 1) AK: Home country or region 8-
0 2) Acting 8-
0 3) Climbing 8-
0 4) Concealment 8-
0 5) Conversation 8-
0 6) Deduction 8-
0 7) Native Language (idiomatic; Literate) (4 Active Points)
0 8) PS: Lineman for the County (Everyman Skill) 11-
0 9) Paramedics 8-
0 10) Persuasion 8-
0 11) Shadowing 8-
0 12) Stealth 8-
0 13) TF: Small Motorized Ground Vehicles
Skills Cost: 5
Val Disadvantages
15 Dependent NPC: Sarah, Wife 11- (Normal)
20 Distinctive Features: Stick Figure Man (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
10 Physical Limitation: Inhuman Physiology (Infrequently, Greatly Impairing)
15 Physical Limitation: Stick Man Figure Makes Many Tasks Impossible (Frequently, Greatly Impairing)
20 Psychological Limitation: Annoyingly Cheerful (Very Common, Strong)
10 Psychological Limitation: Capricious and Playful (Common, Moderate)
15 Psychological Limitation: Sinks Into Depression When Forced To Consider Condition (Uncommon, Total)
25 Susceptibility: Being Tied In A Knot, 2d6 damage per Segment (Uncommon)
20 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Pulling (Common)
Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200Experience Required: 0Total Experience Available: 0Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 350

Height: 6' 2" Hair: Brown
Weight: 165 lbs Eyes: Brown
Appearance: Personality: Quote:"I'm a real straight arrow. Though sometimes I get a little bent out of shape."Background: Bob Straite was working as a lineman for the county when a strange meteroite crashed into the ground near him. Radiation from the meteroite transformed Bob in a one-dimensional stick figure, the Amazing STIX!Powers/Tactics: Campaign Use: jmoz - that will be almost impossible on 250 points, but I'll give it a shot.proditor - don't now the character, so my version may be way off, but I'll give it a shot.zornwill - now that is a challenge. He'll be next.katherine - sounds like a cosmic character in my own game, The Architect. Shouldn't be a problem at all, since I already know how to do that effect.And that's five. With nothing stupid! Yay!

Gary, I hate you now. This could have been a really cool character, but not for 350 points. Just can't get it to work. Here he is, and he's "okay", will definetely work as a "background character", but he's kind of weak. He can't take a hit at all - though, he's super hard to hit.

Cool! The points are just a suggestion, not a straightjacket. If you think he'd be better off at 750, then go for it. ;)

Maybe a bit late, but since Lemming asked:

There once was a miner named Joe,

Who got buried in lead, head to toe,

Now bullets can't harm him,

And Rads don't alarm him,

So, off to fight crime, he will go.

250 pts.

KA.

Maybe a bit late, but since Lemming asked:

There once was a miner named Joe,

Who got buried in lead, head to toe,

Now bullets can't harm him,

And Rads don't alarm him,

So, off to fight crime, he will go.

250 pts.

KA.

Okay, so I lied. Zornwill's wasn't first. This was just too easy:

Joe the Miner

Player: KA

Val Char Cost
50 STR 40
15 DEX 15
25 CON 30
20 BODY 20
10 INT 0
11 EGO 2
15 PRE 5
4 COM -3
30 PD 20
30 ED 25
4 SPD 15
15 REC 0
50 END 0
65 STUN 7
6" RUN00" SWIM-20" LEAP-10Characteristics Cost: 164

Cost Power END
Body of Lead
15 1) Damage Resistance (15 PD/15 ED) 0
10 2) Knockback Resistance -5" 0
15 3) Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50%; Only Works Against Radiation (-1) 0
7 4) Power Defense (15 points); Only Works Against Radiation (-1) 0
2 5) Life Support (Safe in High Radiation) 0
10 6) Lead Fists: Hand-To-Hand Attack +2d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 0
6 Slow Metabolism: Life Support (Eating Character only has to eat once per week; Extended Breathing: 1 END per 20 Minutes; Sleeping Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week) 0
15 Lead Bullet Punch: +6 with HTH Combat; Extra Time (Full Phase, Delayed Phase, -3/4), OCV Only (-1/4)
Powers Cost: 80

Cost Skill
3 PS: Miner 12-
2 KS: Mining 11-
2 Demolitions (Construction) 11-
3 Hoist 11-
Skills Cost: 10

Total Character Cost: 254

Val Disadvantages
Body of Lead
20 1) Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Fire + Heat Attacks (Common)
10 2) Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x BODY Fire + Heat Attacks (Common)
10 3) Physical Limitation: Cannot Leap or Run (No NCM) (Infrequently, Greatly Impairing)
10 4) Physical Limitation: Cannot Swim or Float (Infrequently, Greatly Impairing)
20 5) Physical Limitation: Weighs Seven Tons (All the Time, Greatly Impairing)
15 6) Distinctive Features: Made of Lead (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Virtually Everyone)
10 Psychological Limitation: Somber and Melancholy (Common, Moderate)
15 Psychological Limitation: Feels Disconnected From Humanity (Common, Strong)
10 Psychological Limitation: Catholic (Common, Moderate)
10 Psychological Limitation: Conservative (Common, Moderate)
20 Reputation: Monster!!!, 14- (Extreme)

Base Points: 100

Experience Required: 4

Total Experience Available: 4

Experience Unspent: 0

Winston Irving-Mortimer Peters worked as a sanitation engineer at a nuclear power plant for many years.

Continued exposure to radioactive scrubbing bubbles triggered his latent mutation.

Now he continually radiates a sanitizing, cleansing and sparkling aura that unfortunately has a side effect of causing radiation poisoning from prolonged exposure.

He also has various other radioactive bubble powers including enclosing individuals within a super clean (frictionless sphere) acting as a portable night-light and so on.

Mortimer kept his day job, but at night he is known as the Bubble Master .

350 points.

Cheers.

Well. That wasn't easy. That's not a lot of points to work with, and it's a tricky effect. It works reasonable well, but don't pit him against any supervillains.

Ghost Dragon

Player: JmOz

Val Char Cost
15 STR 5
23 DEX 39
15 CON 10
12 BODY 4
18 INT 8
14 EGO 8
18 PRE 8
12 COM 1
8 PD 5
6 ED 3
6 SPD 27
10 REC 8
30 END 0
30 STUN 2
8" RUN42" SWIM03" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 132

Cost Power END
28 Spirit Projection/Possession: Mind Control 8d6, Telepathic (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Transdimensional (Single Dimension; +1/2), Continuous (+1); Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (0 DCV; -1), Feedback (-1), Stops Working If Mentalist Is Stunned (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), Visible (-1/4) 5
13 Enter Body: Extra-Dimensional Movement (Inside Target); Linked (Spirit Projection/Possession; -1/2) 2
8 Grant Marial Prowess: Usable By Other (+1/4) for up to 34 Active Points of Martial Arts, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); Linked (Spirit Projection/Possession; -1/2) 0
10 Lend Strength: Aid STUN 2d6; Linked (Spirit Projection/Possession; -1/2), Others Only (-1/2) 0
Powers Cost: 59

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
Celestial Dragon Kung Fu
4 1) Dragon Claw Slash: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 8d6 Strike
5 2) Mighty Thunder Strike: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, 10d6 Strike
3 3) Sweeping Dragon Tail Kick: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, 7d6 Strike, Target Falls
4 4) Dragon Claw Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4 5) Dragon Claw Rake: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Flash 7d6
12 6) +3 HTH Damage Class(es)
2 7) Weapon Element: Chain & Rope Weapons, Karate Weapons
Martial Arts Cost: 34

Cost Skill
Martial Arts Training
6 1) +2 with Martial Maneuvers
3 2) Acrobatics 14-
2 3) KS: Celestial Dragon Kung Fu 11-
2 4) KS: Chi Medicine 11-
3 Stealth 14-
3 Concealment 13-
2 Language (fluent conversation)
2 AK: Forbidden City of Won-Lu 11-
2 KS: Chinese Poetry 11-
Skills Cost: 25

Total Character Cost: 250

Val Disadvantages
10 Distinctive Features: Does Not Have Muttonchops (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
20 Psychological Limitation: Code Vs Killing (Common, Total)
20 Psychological Limitation: Honorable (Common, Total)
15 Psychological Limitation: Seclusive (Common, Strong)
10 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Transdimensional Attacks (Uncommon)
20 Susceptibility: Ejection from Host, 3d6 damage Instant (Common)
5 Unluck: 1d6
20 Hunted: Evil Ninjas 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Limited Geographical Area, Harshly Punish)
5 Social Limitation: No Secret Identity (Occasionally, Minor)
10 Enraged: When Dishonored (Uncommon), go 11-, recover 14-
15 Social Limitation: Duty Bound to Ninja Clan (Frequently, Major)

Base Points: 100

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0