Good Champions 5e modules?

Guest nerf ninja

Guest nerf ninja

Can anyone recommend some 5e modules for a group of 4-5 characters? I'm looking mainly for well-written adventures, modern 350+ supers. Electronic versions are okay too, if they're good quality....

(As much as I like to write adventures, I just don't have the time anymore, and I don't want to convert any of the old classics.)

Thanks,

NN

Re: Good Champions 5e modules?

The old 4ed ones don't require converting. Unless the magic point fairy is going to zoom in and penalize you because the point totals are off on the builds of your villians now. Which is no real change, since it always seemed like quite a few of them didn't add up in the first place anyway. The differences between 4th ed and 5th ed are almost non-existant, at least as far as running a module is concerned. The game still has all the same stats, the list of powers is basically unchanged, skills are pretty much the same as well.

There is a teeny tiny chance that someone is going to have regeneration, which was rolled into healing or something now and doesn't work the same. The old regen was a set amount of body per turn, which recovered post segment 12. I can't think of any other "removed" powers. Some others have changed effects, and many have changed costs, but none of that affects the ability to use the villians as written.

Although you did sometimes get things that made no sense in the old modules. Like Crystal in Invaders from Below. She has a no range flash explosion, and then she has range skill levels with that power. What do the range skill levels do?

I thought Sharper Than A Serpents Tooth was also a module??

It definately is... and I am itching to run it in my campaign.

Champions Battlegrounds has been pretty good (have just the final chapter to run), but there were a good number of holes in the plot lines to fill... especially if your characters don't happen to have exactly the right amount of luck and/or skills. BUt, still, it has been very good.

In general, Champions-type modules (or mini-campaigns, whatever) have never had the same appeal that D&D dungeon-crawl modules have had. Something about the genre demanding a more complete plot line than a series of rooms with beasties to kill.

Guest nerf ninja

Ok, those are good points about 4e modules. Basically then I'm looking for recommended 4e modules.

I saw that there was the new King Cobra adventure, but I haven't found any reviews on it.

Thanks for the list of DH articles. Do they by any chance publish a series of adventures, like Dungeon did for some DND3e? That would be a good match for my campaign style of gaming once every 2-3 weeks.

-NN

hmmm...I've used V&V modules, Superworld, Golden Heroes, Marvel Supers and have some DC Heroes modules, as well as Champions from every edition (including the old Adventurers Club magazine). This commonly required converting the characters (or replacing them with characters I liked better), but the scenario work has been done, and a paragraph of description is generally enough to design a reasonable character around.

Our GM in one game just ran that Mutants & Masterminds module (stats for most characters are on the web somewhere). That went pretty well.

I saw that there was the new King Cobra adventure' date=' but I haven't found any reviews on it.[/quote']

There're two reviews at Gamingreport.com, links below:

http://www.gamingreport.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=1008

http://www.gamingreport.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=1197