WWYCD?: The Shakedown.

Wormhole

You are in the area near Harold's Pawn and Gold (insert character appropriate reason here) when you see the flying vigilante, Air Raider, land in the pawnshop's parking lot. In his left hand is the reciever unit for some kind of tracking device.* From his menacing posture as he approaches the front doors, you know right away that some one in that store is about to be in a world trouble. He approaches the counter, grabs the pawnbroker by the collar of his shirt, and pulls him up face to faceplate.

"The diamond earings, who did you buy them from?" Raider demanded, gesturing to the pair of earings in the display.

"I-I don't remember. Really, I don't-" Harold said, perspiring and trimbling.**

"Don't screw with me, Harry." The vigilante replied, drawing one of his guns. "I've known about the little fense operation you've been running in here for sometime. I've let you slide because, but up until now, I've had bigger fish to fry. So, you can either cut the crap and tell me what I want to know, or I may just move you to the front of the line- right here, right now."

Out of the corner of your eye, you spot a fellow slowly slinking toward the shop's fire exit.

WWYCD?

Highlight Below:

*For those with the appropriate senses, a pair of ladies earrings in a display counter are emmitting a tracking signal.

**For those with Telepathy or other appropriate power, he's lying. He just bought the earings from a man who is still in the store right now, standing near the store's fire exit. If you read Air Raider's mind, you sense that he was by his girlfriend's apartment in Secret ID earlier this evening. Bridget was missing and the place was in shambles, so he suited up to go out searching for her.

Re: WWYCD?: The Shakedown.

Microman II: Would detect the earring transmissions right away, and almost certainly spot the guy by the fire escape too. Would pursue after telling Air Raider of this fact, and suggesting he would be better off aiding in pursuit rather than interrogating the pawnbroker, lest the man get away while Microman prevents Air Raider from committing murder.

( if/when Air Raider tells Microman of what happened, he would almost certainly give full support in rescuing the kidnap victim, and probably call in extra Sentinels if they aren't occupied and the guy wasn't captured )

Diomedes: Would probably ask him right then why Air Raider is seeking this information. Wouldn't let him kill the pawnbroker, but would help with his mission.

Guest WhammeWhamme

Right. Time for the small novella...

Rook: Perhaps having wandered in, he notices the guy running away, and tries to stop him... but mainly, his focus is making sure no one does anything illegal. So he'd stop the seller, Raider, AND the guy running away.

Estatua: He's fast, so he pauses to try and demand from Air Raider his story. After that, he probably grabs the guy running away.

Flippant: "Don't worry, I'll stop him from hurting you..." - if this isn't enough to stop slinky, slinky gets hit with something fairly nonlethal (hopefully not another giant cabbage). AR, OTOH, gets stopped.

If this is in Secret ID, F is the only with, and he'd probably trip slinky. Then wince when he tries to walk to reduce suspicion.

Quasar - When Quasar is around, people obey the LAW!

"Stop where you are! - EVERYONE! Air Raider, if this business man is guilty of receiving stolen property, then the regular authorities are capable of putting him out of business. Right now, I'd like my friend Detective Leery to check those ear rings for THIS MAN'S FINGERPRINTS."

Mystica - Being from old Russia, she has seen her fair share of corruption, abuse of authority and outright crime.

"Stop terrorizing weaklings, Air Raider. The one you seek is leaving by the back door. Do with him what you will."

Shadowhunter Air Raider? SCREW Air Raider! Shadowhunter fights corruption and organized crime in THIS city!

PRESENCE ATTACK - "That's right, Air Raider - You act big in front of the normals while I stop the CRIMINAL" Follow this up with a bolo to the guy by the door. Once he was sure the robber couldn't escape, the inevitable fight with Air Raider is a given.

Cyrande would detect the transmission. In the store, she would just freeze everyone (entangle) and ask for an explantion. (Unfamiliar with Earth Culture) When she heard Air Raider's reason, she'd probably try to help.

Nox would probably be out of Hero Identity, but Sherry isn't about to stand by and let someone be killed in front of her(Public ID, by the way). She'd probably try and take Air Raider down, then have him explain. If/when he did, well... Nox can track people and such very well. She may call in Diomedes, but she'd certainly work with Air Raider for the time. Of course, afterwards, he can expect to be taken in. Nox really loathes vigilantes.

Style - Notices the man going out and probably ignores him. Stops Air Raider with a magic fueld PRE Attack, then questions Air Raider and the man behind the counter. As soon as the truth comes out, he casts a tracking spell to find the crook, tracks him down, and helps Air Raider rescue his girlfriend. If he decides durring the course of all this that Air Raider is an indicriminate killer or threat to the public, he will subdue him and turn him in to the police.

Flesh Gordon - "Whoa, look at this guitar! I wonder if I can play it? Hey dude, why are you pointing a gun at the clerk? By the way, good costume. Hey now, no need for fighting words man. We don't need to be cruel." After he competely fails to figure out what's going on, Flesh will by pure luck stumble onto the abandoned warehouse where Air Raider's girl is being held. During the course of the battle, Flesh will end up nude. Air Raider will arive to find Flesh just starting to untie Bridget. Cue battle #2.

Legend - Will notice the fleeing man, and after speaking with Air Raider will assist in the investigation. May call on his friends for help if any are available.

After calling the police with his radio, Agent Trent steps through the door, with his force field up (visible as a shimmering in the air next to his body) and his badge held up.

"FBI!! Freeze!" As the unidentified man tries to sneak out, he is pulled back by an unseen force and dropped roughly on the floor.

"That means DON"T MOVE!! YOU, put the gun DOWN!"

Basically, Trent will hold everyone until the police arrive. If Air Raider tries to attack or flee, Trent will stop him, with whatever force is needed. Otherwise, Trent will approach this with standard police procedures.

Upon hearing that Air Raider's girlfriend has (probably) been kidnapped, Trent will report this fact to the local FBI office. Kidnapping cases are (in part) what the FBI is for.

If Air Raider is wanted for any crimes, he get arrested. If not, Trent will of course let him go free (after questioning, and assuming the police don't want to charge him with brandishing a firearm, or assault), but won't be friendly. Trent doesn't like supers OR vigilantes.

Zeropoint

If Falcon's in a neighborhood like this, it's because she's in hero ID. She won't stand by and let Air Raider kill the pawnbroker, but to be honest she's tried the old "scare the truth (and the urine) out of the guy" stunt herself a few times. (And the vigilante who trained her was really good at it.) Unless AR has some sort of reputation that makes her think he's really gonna pull that trigger, she would be more likely to immobilize Mr. Slinky -- a bolo if there's room in here to throw it, otherwise a throwing disk or martial arts -- and say something on the lines of "Perhaps this gentleman would be more willing to help you, Air Raider".

If AR tells her what's going on, she'll offer to help find his girlfriend before he finishes. She met Peregrine, the abovementioned vigilante, in the first place because a gang kidnapped her. Falcon was lucky in that her ransom value would have gone down if she'd been injured or (trying to think of a good 1930's-style euphemism) "touched" by her kidnappers; she won't count on another woman in that situation being as lucky. Fortunately she's currently in a four-color world, so AR's girlfriend will be OK until the rescue party arrives.

Champion Wind: Puts an arrow from the lightning bow into the wall by the guy trying to sneak off; a 2d6 RKA should make an impressive hole in the wall. "Don't move. Any of you. Now, Mr. Big Guns, start explaining. And you, Mr. Back Door, get back in here."

Faye: Throws a TK Entangle on the sneaker. With Invisible Power Effects (Sight and Sound) and Concentration Throughout. She'll just lean up against the door frame, all nice and casual. Nothing unusual about someone from a rather poor background looking into a pawnshop, after all. As soon as AR is close enough to grab the sneaker, she'll let go.

Red: She wouldn't have much of a clue about this one. If she decided to act, she'd just grab the sneaker. Subtle isn't in her vocabulary.

Phoenix: Would go around back to snag the sneaker.

Serena: Would use her abilities to scare Mr. Sneaker out of his mind.