Villians & Vigilantes (aka Living Legends) "to HERO Adaptations & Conversions*

TheQuestionMan

Re: Villians & Vigilantes (aka Living Legends) "to HERO Adaptations & Conversions*Here is TheQuestionMan's post:MockerPlayer: NPC

Val Char Cost
15/20 STR 5
18 DEX 24
25 CON 30
20 BODY 20
25 INT 15
15 EGO 10
20 PRE 10
4 COM -3
4/25 PD 1
5/26 ED 0
4 SPD 12
11 REC 6
50 END 0
50 STUN 9
14" RUN02" SWIM03"/4" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 139
Cost Power END
75 Sonic Manipulation: Multipower, 75-point reserve
6u 1) Confusing Background sounds: Change Environment 32" radius, -6 to Normal Hearing PER Rolls, Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4), Difficult To Dispel (x2 Active Points; +1/4) (60 Active Points) 5
6u 2) Sonic Overload: Energy Blast 10d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (62 Active Points) 2
3u 3) Deaf: Hearing and Radio Groups Flash 10d6 (35 Active Points) 3
2u 4) Ventriloquism: Hearing and Radio Groups and Detect Images 1" radius, +/-4 to PER Rolls (25 Active Points) 2
13 Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6 (20 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 2
30 Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6 (3d6 / 3d6+1 w/STR) 3
7 Android Body: Density Increase (200 kg mass, +5 STR, +1 PD/ED, -1" KB), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (7 Active Points) 0
60 Android Body: Armor (20 PD/20 ED) 0
13 Android Body (Self Repair): Aid Stun or Body 2d6 (20 Active Points); 4 Recoverable Charges (-1/2) [4 rc]
22 Android Body: Life Support (Eating: Character does not eat; Longevity: 200 Years; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Self-Contained Breathing; Sleeping: Character does not sleep) 0
20 Endurance Reserve (100 END, 10 REC) (20 Active Points) 0
30 Radio Perception/Transmission (Radio Group), +5 to PER Roll, Discriminatory, Analyze, Tracking 0
5 Hearing Group Flash Defense (5 points) 0
17 Mental Defense (20 points total) 0
16 Running +8" (14" total) 2
Powers Cost: 325
Cost Skill
3 Analyze: Combat 14-
3 Bugging 14-
10 Computer Programming (Computer Networks, Hacking and Computer Security, Personal Computers, Artificial Intelligence, Mainframes and Supercomputers) 14-
3 Conversation 13-
3 Cryptography 14-
3 Deduction 14-
3 Electronics 14-
3 Inventor 14-
3 Mechanics 14-
3 Mimicry 14-
3 Oratory 13-
3 Security Systems 14-
2 Systems Operation (Communications Systems) 14-
3 Tactics 14-
3 Teamwork 13-
3 Tracking 14-
3 Ventriloquism 14-
4 Language: English (completely fluent; literate)
Skills Cost: 61
Cost Perk
5 Computer Link
Perks Cost: 5
Cost Talent
3 Absolute Time Sense
5 Eidetic Memory
3 Lightning Calculator
3 Perfect Pitch
4 Speed Reading (x10)
Talents Cost: 18
Val Disadvantages
20 Vulnerability: 2 x Effect Magnetic and Gravity attacks (Common)
10 Distinctive Features: Android with Helmet for a head (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
10 Physical Limitation: Long term repairs require advanced equipment (Frequently, Slightly Impairing)
20 Enraged: when made fun of his appearance (Common), go 11-, recover 11-
20 Psychological Limitation: Paranoid about Appearance (Common, Total)
25 Psychological Limitation: Meglamaniac (Very Common, Total)
15 Social Limitation: Does not function in normal society (Frequently), Major
10 Reputation: Vicious and sadistic android, 11-
10 Hunted: Crusaders 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)
10 Hunted: UNTIL 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)
10 Unluck: 2d6
Disadvantage Points: 160

Base Points: 100Experience Required: 288Total Experience Available: 288Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 548

Height: 1.76 m Hair: N/A
Weight: 100.00 kg Eyes: N/A
Appearance: Mocker is a android who resembles an average height and weight male. He wears a blue body suit over his android frame. His head, gloves, boots, and belt are green. He has one red eye. His cape and hood are black.Personality: Mocker is a meglamaniac on the level of Mechanon, Professor Meurte, and Neutron. He views himself as the Crusher's leader, though his teammates are seldom organized enough to accept any form of leadership.

Mocker is paranoidly sensitive concerning comments about his face; he wears a hood to hide it as best as possible, but has yet to find a way to alter it himself without disrupting his normal functions. He once befriended a toymaker who built him a new head resembling a Jack O' Latern and presented to him as a gift. Mocker killed him.

Quote:"Sounds like you are about to meet your end."Background: Android Mark R was constructed in secret by a band of disgruntled research technicians from various corporations (including Newtronics Labs, Program Engineering and Manning Enterprises), utilizing parts and equipment they had stolen from their employers. Their intent was to modify and adapt the stolen parts sufficiently to avoid patent violations, while creating the prototype for a line of servant and assembly line androids. Most of the technicians were certain that they would all go to jail if they ever tried to market the android with its stolen parts. And even though the Mark R was completed and functioned better than they had dreamed (though with an unforseen degree of self-awareness and a rather crude sense of humor), the decision was reached to dismantle the android and cancel the project. "Mocker" (as he immediately renamed himself) would not stand for that and destroyed the lab, killing all of his creators. He then began to break into the warehouses of the corporations from whose parts he was constructed so that he would be able to make repairs on himself; on one of these forays he encountered F.I.S.T. and they have been a team ever since.Powers/Tactics: Mocker, as his name implies, enjoys taunting his opponents in combat. He can set up an a large area where confusing sounds (buses starting, whistles blowing, someone farts, etc.) are heard constantly. This makes it more difficult for opponents to communicate or concentrate.

Mocker can go toe to toe with many supers with his EB, Flash, and HtH attacks; allowing his android body to protect him from attacks.

Because of his metallic frame, powers that have magnetics and gravity as effects are quite effective against him.

Campaign Use: 

Re: Villians & Vigilantes (aka Living Legends) "to HERO Adaptations & Conversions*And here is the post from Lord Bevis:F.I.S.T.Player: Villian

Val Char Cost
40 STR 0
18 DEX 0
25 CON 0
20 BODY 0
15 INT 5
15 EGO 10
30 PRE 0
10 COM 0
25 PD 0
20 ED 0
4 SPD 0
13 REC 0
50 END 0
55 STUN 2
6" RUN02" SWIM08" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 17
Cost Power END
21 FIST Armored Suit: Armor (17 PD/15 ED) (48 Active Points); Ablative BODY or STUN (-1), FIST Armor (-1/4) 0
19 +8 DEX (24 Active Points); FIST Armor (-1/4)
24 +30 STR (30 Active Points); FIST Armor (-1/4) 3
24 +15 CON (30 Active Points); FIST Armor (-1/4)
16 +10 BODY (20 Active Points); FIST Armor (-1/4)
16 +20 PRE (20 Active Points); FIST Armor (-1/4)
16 +2 SPD (20 Active Points); FIST Armor (-1/4)
28 Power Blast: Energy Blast 10d6 (50 Active Points); 8 Charges (-1/2), FIST Armor (-1/4) [8]
22 Tight Beam: Killing Attack - Ranged 3d6 (45 Active Points); 8 Charges (-1/2), Beam (-1/4), FIST Armor (-1/4) [8]
26 Spiked Gaunlet: Hand-To-Hand Attack +6d6, Armor Piercing (+1/2) (45 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), FIST Gauntlets (-1/4) 4
28 Jet boots: Flight 15", x4 Noncombat (35 Active Points); FIST Armor (-1/4) 3
18 Power Battery: Endurance Reserve (100 END, 10 REC) Reserve: (20 Active Points); FIST Armor (-1/4) 0
8 Knockback Resistance -5" (10 Active Points); FIST Armor (-1/4) 0
14 Life Support (Safe Environment: Zero Gravity; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing) (18 Active Points); FIST Armor (-1/4) 0
8 Power Defense (10 points) (10 Active Points); FIST Armor (-1/4) 0
Powers Cost: 288
Cost Skill
6 Computer Programming (Hacking and Computer Security, Mainframes and Supercomputers, Military Computers) 12-
2 Electronics (F.I.S.T. Suit) 12-
3 Hoist 12-
3 Inventor 12-
0 Language: English (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)
3 Lockpicking 13-
3 KS: F.I.S.T. Armor Suit 12-
3 KS: Newtronics Labs 12-
5 Mechanics 13-
3 Security Systems 12-
3 Stealth 13-
3 Streetwise 15-
2 Systems Operation (Environmental Systems) 12-
10 +2 with HTH Combat
10 +2 with Ranged Combat
Skills Cost: 59
Cost Talent
8 Combat Shooting
Talents Cost: 8
Val Disadvantages
20 Normal Characteristic Maxima
15 Reputation: Robin Hood Villian, 11- (Extreme)
20 Hunted: Crusaders 11- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)
25 Enraged: when he learns about unjust actions by corporations or governments (Uncommon), go 14-, recover 8-
10 Hunted: UNTIL 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)
15 Hunted: PRIMUS 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)
10 Social Limitation: Speaks out about injustices done by corporations and governments (Occasionally, Major)
15 Secret ID (Frank Streeter)
Disadvantage Points: 130

Base Points: 100Experience Required: 142Total Experience Available: 142Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 372

Height: 1.73 m Hair: Brown
Weight: 84.00 kg Eyes: Brown
Appearance: Frank is a man in his early 30s and in good shape. He is 5'8" 185 lbs. He wears normal casual clothes of earthen colors. The F.I.S.T. suit is very impressive. It is silver and black with an opaque face plate. In the armor, he stands 6'2" and weighs 350 lbs.Personality: Frank Streeter, now, as F.I.S.T., standardly carries out vendetta missions against the U.S. government, military, and big businesses whenever he feels that their actions are unjust or immoral. The terrorist nature of his activities have not made him a hero of the public, yet most villians he meets distrust his motives. The primary exception is Mocker, who shares F.I.S.T.'s attitude to some degree. Their overall goal is to destroy the current american regime and establish their own social order.Quote:Stay out of my way or you'll get a FIST full of me!!!Background: Frank Streeter was a self employed inventor of electronic components; but when Newtronic Labs stole the patent from him for several devices incorporated in their Flying Infantry Shock Trroper ( or F.I.S.T.) powered armor which they have been developing for the U.S. military, he decided to exact his revenge. He sabotaged the project, stole the wreckage of the prototype suit, and secretly rebuit it himself. Now, as F.I.S.T., he standardly carries out vendetta missions against the U.S. government, military, and big businesses whenever he feels that their actions are unjust or immoral. The terrorist nature of his activities have not made him a hero of the public, yet most villians he meets distrust his motives. The primary exception is Mocker, who shares F.I.S.T.'s attitude to some degree.Powers/Tactics: F.I.S.T. prefers aerial battle - against targets on the ground. He will fly just within range of the ground and blast merrily away until engaged in brawling combat or until his fuel for his EBs run out. If forced to fight hand to hand, he enjoys demonstrating the improvements he made over Newtronic's original design; he picks up the biggest chunks of matter he can find ans hits people with them.Campaign Use: F.I.S.T. either works alone or teamed up with Mocker. He could also join a new incarnation of the Crushers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Re: Villians & Vigilantes (aka Living Legends) "to HERO Adaptations & Conversions*

[b]Adamantron - Thomas Korolt[/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
18    STR     8   18      13-       HTH Damage 3 1/2d6  END [2]
18    DEX     24   18      13-       OCV 6 DCV 6
18    CON     16   18      13-
14    BODY    8   14      12-
11    INT     1   11      11-       PER Roll 11-
10    EGO     0   10      11-       ECV: 3
18    PRE     8   18      13-       PRE Attack: 3 1/2d6
6    COM     -2   6      10-
7    PD      3   7/25             7/25 PD (0/18 rPD)
7    ED      3   7/25             7/25 ED (0/18 rED)
4    SPD     12   4                 Phases:  3, 6, 9, 12
10    REC     4   10
40    END     2   40
40    STUN    8   40
8    RUN      0   8"                END [2]
2    SWIM     0   2"                END [1]
4    LEAP     0   3 1/2"                3 1/2" forward, 1 1/2" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 95[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
81     [b][i]Adamantium Skin[/i][/b]: Armor (18 PD/18 ED), Inherent (+1/4), Hardened (+1/4) (81 Active Points) - END=0
25     [b][i]Adamantium Skin[/i][/b]: Life Support  (Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Safe Environment: Zero Gravity; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum), Inherent (+1/4) (25 Active Points) - END=0
22     [b][i]Attatched Wrecking Ball[/i][/b]: (Total: 47 Active Cost, 22 Real Cost) Hand-To-Hand Attack +8d6 (40 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), OIF (-1/2) (Real Cost: 20) [b]plus[/b] Stretching 1", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (7 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Only To Cause Damage (-1/2), Always Direct (-1/4), No Noncombat Stretching (-1/4), No Velocity Damage (-1/4) (Real Cost: 2) - END=4
10     [b][i]Evasive[/i][/b]: +2 with DCV - END=
5     [b][i]Heavy Metal[/i][/b]: Knockback Resistance -2", Inherent (+1/4) (5 Active Points) - END=0
10     [b][i]The Strange Power of Sgt Korolt[/i][/b]: Luck 2d6 - END=0
4     [b][i]Very Athletic[/i][/b]: Running +2" (8" total) - END=1

[b]POWERS Cost: 157[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]MARTIAL ARTS[/u][/b]
     Wrecking Ball Maneuvers
4      1)  Choke Hold:  1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab One Limb; 2d6 NND
3      2)  Entangle:  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 28 STR for holding on
3      3)  Trip:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, 3 1/2d6 +v/5, Target Falls

[b]MARTIAL ARTS Cost: 10[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
6      +2 OCV Ball and Chain
10      +2 with HTH Combat
3      Acting 13-
3      Climbing 13-
3      Computer Programming 11-
3      Concealment 11-
3      Demolitions 11-
2      KS: British Army History And Customs 11-
4      KS: The Military/Mercenary/Terrorist World 13-
3      Lockpicking 13-
2      PS: Mercenary Soldier 11-
3      Paramedics 11-
3      Stealth 13-
3      Streetwise 13-
4      Survival (Temperate/Subtropical, Desert) 11-
3      Systems Operation 11-
3      TF:  SCUBA, Skiing (snow), Two-Wheeled Motorized Ground Vehicles
3      Tactics 11-
3      Teamwork 13-
3      Tracking 11-
3      WF:  Small Arms, Knives

[b]SKILLS Cost: 73[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]PERKS[/u][/b]
2      Reputation:  Unkillable Mercenary (A medium-sized group) 11-, +2/+2d6
9      Contact:  Mercenary's World Wide, Organization Contact (x3) (9 Active Points) 12-
4      Fringe Benefit:  Membership: SKULK, Passport

[b]PERKS Cost: 15[/b]

[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
20     Distinctive Features:  Silver Shod man with great ball attached to his arm (Concealable; Extreme Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
10     Enraged:  When confronting British Military (Uncommon), go 11-, recover 14-
25     Hunted:  CHESS 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)
25     Hunted:  Euroguardians 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)
15     Psychological Limitation:  Always attacks "Military" foes first (Common, Strong) [Notes: any one officially, unofficially, and by appearances a miltiary personel]
15     Psychological Limitation:  Hatred of Militaries (Common, Strong)
10     Psychological Limitation:  Self Loathing (Common, Moderate)
15     Reputation:  Mercenary Assassin/Terrorist, 11- (Extreme)
15     Social Limitation:  Public Identity (Frequently, Major)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 150[/b]

Base Pts: 200
Exp Required: 0
Total Exp Available: 0
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 350

Height: 1.79 m

Weight: 162.00 kg

Hair: None

Eyes: Metallic Blue

Appearance: Silver metal man with no hair. He wears fatigues and no boots.

Personality: Adamantron is so lost within himself and so torn up about what he has become, that it is impossible to reason with him. He hates all armed forces and will usually center his terrorist attacks against military installations. His calling card is a small adamantium marble, which will be alway be found lying in or around the highest ranking officer among his dead victims.

Quote: "You made me this monster, you pay the price!"

Background: Thomas Korolt was an infantryman in the 123rd paratroopers for her Majesty's Assault Forces. He had gained many honorary and distinguished medals in his service of Great Britain, and had served int he Falklands campaign and many other skirmishes. During these battles, the man learned many ways to dodge and duck away from attacks. Some called it luck, others called it the strange power of Sgt. Korolt. Whatever the reason, the man had a unique talent for being almost impossible to hit.

On one of his cherished leaves, his unique power failed him. While filling his small Fiat with petrol, his cigar accidentally ignited the fuel tank and burned Thomas Korolt over 95% of his body. His left arm was completely disintegrated, leaving his right arm partially paralyzed. During his hospital recovery it was questionable whether Thomas would even survive. Sgt. Korolt had only one chance, his body had to be treated with thin layers of flexible, but very resilient metal. On top of this artificial skin was a thin layer of Adamantium, the hardest substance known to man. Also during his recovery, the military attached a cybernetic device to his amputated left arm. This device fired an eighty pound adamantium ball up to ten feet, and attached by a tungsten cord which was used to draw the ball back into the cybernetic device. The army hoped that, with use an practice, this device could be used in assautling targets - smadhing down dorrs, walls, and adversaries.

During all this Thomas Korolt was in a coma. When he finally came to; he found himself looking like some monstrosity. Instead of being grateful to the military he'd served so diligently, he became angry and vengeful. He hated the army for what they had done to him, and he sought vengeance on those who turned him into the Adamantron.

Powers/Tactics: A stealthy and trained fighter. He tends to analyze his enemies before attacking. He will try to spot the strongest member of his opposition and then avoid this target until the weaker foes are accounted for. He will also try to destroy any device or large piece of machinery that he can detect. He then tries to strangle vulnerable opponents. He favors sweep attacks with his ball and chain.

Campaign Use: An enforcer. Adamantron is a one trick pony, but he's reasonably effective on a team.

Re: Villians & Vigilantes (aka Living Legends) "to HERO Adaptations & Conversions*

[b]Brainwave - Jordan Kilas[/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
13    STR     3   13      12-       HTH Damage 2 1/2d6  END [1]
18    DEX     24   18      13-       OCV 6 DCV 6
24    CON     28   24      14-
10    BODY    0   10      11-
31    INT     21   31      15-       PER Roll 15-
17    EGO     14   17      12-       ECV: 6
9    PRE     -1   9/29      11- / 15-       PRE Attack: 1 1/2d6 / 5 1/2d6
9    COM     0   9      11-
6    PD      3   6/12             6/12 PD (0/6 rPD)
10    ED      5   10/16             10/16 ED (0/6 rED)
4    SPD     12   4                 Phases:  3, 6, 9, 12
8    REC     0   8
48    END     0   48
29    STUN    0   29
6    RUN      0   6"                END [1]
3    LEAP     0   2 1/2"                2 1/2" forward, 1" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 109[/b]

14     [b][i]Concealed Body Armor[/i][/b]: Armor (6 PD/6 ED) (18 Active Points); IIF (-1/4) - END=0
60     [b][i]Dominate Other[/i][/b]: Mind Control 12d6 (Human class of minds) - END=6
50     [b][i]Indominable Mind I[/i][/b]: Mental Defense (53 points total) - END=0
20     [b][i]Indominable Mind II[/i][/b]: Mental Group Flash Defense (20 points) - END=0
10     [b][i]Overwhelming Confidence[/i][/b]: +20 PRE (20 Active Points); Only to Defend against Presence Attacks (-1) - END=
25     [b][i]Skilled Mesmer[/i][/b]: Find Weakness 14- with Mind Control - END=0

[b]POWERS Cost: 179[/b]

35      +7 with Mental Combat
3      Forensic Medicine 15-
2      KS: Militatry/Mercenary/Terrorist World 11-
2      KS: The Superhuman World 11-
3      Paramedics 15-
3      SS:  Bio-Chemistry 15-
3      SS:  Genetics 15-
3      SS:  Psionics 15-
3      Streetwise 11- (15-)

[b]SKILLS Cost: 57[/b]

10      Contact:  Criminal Financier/Money Launderer (Contact has extremely useful Skills or resources, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Good relationship with Contact) 14-
3      Contact:  Mercenary Community (Contact has useful Skills or resources) 11-
45      Followers: Mercenary Army
6      Money:  Wealthy
1      Reputation:  Criminal Mastermind (A large group) 8-, +1/+1d6
30      Secret Lair

[b]PERKS Cost: 95[/b]

10     Distinctive Features:  Scrawny, rat-like little man (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
25     Hunted:  CHESS 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Capture)
20     Hunted:  The Crusaders 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
20     Psychological Limitation:  Overconfident (Very Common, Strong)
15     Psychological Limitation:  Holds Grudges (for a long time) (Common, Strong)
15     Psychological Limitation:  Vengeful (Very Common, Moderate)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 105[/b]

Exp Required: 135
Total Exp Available: 135
Total Character Cost: 440

Height: 1.71 m

Weight: 65.00 kg

Hair: Blonde (Thinning)

Eyes: Green

Appearance: Brainwave is a thin, gaunt, and ferret-like creep. He looks slimy and even behaves like sum sulking rat. He wears a green costume with a darker green cape, boots, gloves, and skullcap. His hair is sandy blonde and going into rapid thin mode. His eyes are sparkling emerald green. Almost unnaturally so.

Personality: Jordan Killas is a petty little man who does not suffer hardship well. There is always someone to blame for his hardships and there is always a violent solution. His skittish behaviors and ferret-like appearance give him the appearance of a coward. This is untrue. He is confident in his abilities and enjoys belittling or lording it over his foes when able.

Quote: "I think you'll agree with me."

Background: Jordan Killas was an assistant to the Late Dr. Orbus, the genius who developed the EMI drug - a stumulant that activates the brain core. During his stay with the Doctor, Killas was accused of stealing papers describing the formula of the EMI Drug; however, during the court trial, all the witnesses strangely gave testimonies proclaiming Jordan's innocence. Believing that some form of trickery had been employed, the courts placed Jordan under a mind probe/block, which supposedly suppressed any mental abilities - but the witnesses still gave testimonies clearing his name.

After his release, Jordan was involved in many other smaller crimes which included robbery, coercion, and attempted abduction. Twenty three months after his release from jail and from any connection with stealing Dr. Orbus's notes, Jordan was arrested. This time, however, the judge proclaimed a sentence of five years at hard labor. Jordan seemed awestruck and dumbfounded by the Judge's decision. Jordan later learned, while he was in prison, that the judge had been a test subject in the EMI experiments.

During his five years of imprisonment, Jordan Killas became very resentful and then hateful towards both the judge that sentenced him and Dr. Orbus himself. He planned and diligently pursued his expansion of his own mental facilities. Upon his release, he began a criminal career under the name Brainwave. He successfully stole millions of dollars worth of munitions and supplies. He then gathered a small army of mercenary soldiers and sought out the men who had "ruined" his life.

Although he has successfully slain Dr. Orbus, the judge was taken into protective CHESS custody and has disappeared off the radar.

Powers/Tactics: Brainwave is brilliant, a biochemist with little peer since his brain was enhanced. He is a skilled mental combatant which makes up for his lack of natural ability. His will and confidence overcome his natural tendencies. He can dominate the minds of others and himself is nearly immune to mental powers. He realizes he's not a physical combatant, but he does have a surprise for those who look at his skinny form and think he's a pushover.

Campaign Use: A lower level criminal mastermind. His thug army and immunity to mental attacks make him something of a threat even to a group of lower level supers.

This is what sometimes happens when I attempt to convert characters...Crater, a V&V character who found a "magic" stone and was given powers (Distintigration, flight, and running) and who basically became a false prophet is transformed into ... this...Todd Christiansen I apologize for altering your character so drastically...

[b]Gabrielle - Lisa Grass [/b]

30    STR     10   30      15-       HTH Damage 6d6  END [3]
27    DEX     51   27      14-       OCV 9 DCV 9
30    CON     40   30      15-
8    BODY    -4   8      11-
12    INT     2   12      11-       PER Roll 11-
11    EGO     2   11      11-       ECV: 4
20    PRE     10   20/40      13- / 17-       PRE Attack: 4d6 / 8d6
18    COM     4   18      13-
12    PD      6   12/20             12/20 PD (0/8 rPD)
12    ED      4   12/20             12/20 ED (0/8 rED)
7    SPD     33   7                 Phases:  2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12
10    REC     0   10
60    END     0   60
40    STUN    7   40
25    RUN      0   25"                END [3]
6    LEAP     0   6"                6" forward, 3" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 165[/b]

30     [b][i]Amythest Sword of the Heavens[/i][/b]: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6 (4d6 w/STR) - END=3
244     [b][i]The Word of God  (Disintigration)[/i][/b]: Killing Attack - Ranged 5d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), No Normal Defense (ED Force Field; +1), Does BODY (+1) (244 Active Points) - END=11
50     [b][i]Mobility[/i][/b]: Multipower, 50-point reserve - END=
5u     1)  [b][i]Crystal Wings[/i][/b]: Flight 25" (50 Active Points) - END=5
5u     2)  [b][i]Fleet of Foot[/i][/b]: Running +19" (25" total), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (47 Active Points) - END=2
    Crystaline Form - END=
24     1)  [b][i]Crystaline Skin[/i][/b]: Armor (8 PD/8 ED) - END=0
20     2)  [b][i]Crystaline Wings - Awe Inspiring[/i][/b]: +20 PRE - END=
10     3)  [b][i]Increased Mass[/i][/b]: Density Increase (200 kg mass, +10 STR, +2 PD/ED, -2" KB) - END=1

[b]POWERS Cost: 388[/b]

32      +4 with All Combat
4      Animal Handler (Birds, Bovines, Equines) 13- (17-)
3      Climbing 14-
3      Interrogation 13- (17-)
2      KS: Indian Mysticsm 11-
2      KS: Religion 11-
2      KS: Tennants of her Own Religion 11-
2      PS: Farmer 11-
3      Paramedics 11-
3      Persuasion 13- (17-)
3      Stealth 14-
4      Survival (Temperate/Subtropical, Mountain) 11-

[b]SKILLS Cost: 63[/b]

2      Reputation:  New Age Guru/Cult Leader (A small to medium sized group) 11-, +2/+2d6
10      Vehicles & Bases: Small Compound
30      Follower: Cultists

[b]PERKS Cost: 42[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]TALENTS[/u][/b]
10      Fascination

[b]TALENTS Cost: 10[/b]
25     Hunted:  CHESS 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
25     Psychological Limitation:  Fervant Belief in her own "Religion"  (Very Common, Total)
15     Psychological Limitation:  Fear or anger towards other religions (Common, Strong)
15     Psychological Limitation:  Jealously Guarded of Powers (Common, Strong)
10     Distinctive Features:  Purple Eyes and hair, strange gloss to skin. (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 90[/b]

Exp Required: 378
Total Exp Available: 378
Total Character Cost: 668

Appearance: Gabrielle is an ethereal beauty. Graceful and exotic; her purple hair and eyes and the polished stone quality of her skin makes her seem like some sort of brilliant statuette come to life. She wears regal robes, cut for her figure, and to maximize movement, but still surprisingly modest given todays fashions. Her wings (which she did not have until joining with the crystal) are not required for flight. They are constructs and appear as if by magic. They seem to attach seamlessly to her robes.

Her robes are dark purple with several lighter hues or purple used to make the "holy sigils and runes" the high collar and trim at her arms and feet are silver as is the sash she wears at her belt. she wears a silver skull cap on her head and her long, purple hair is pulled into two er, pigtails? Only much bigger....

Personality: Gabrielle has lost her mind. Somewhere in the back of her shattered psyche is a scared little girl who only wants to help people with her powers. Up front however, the "Angel" Gabrielle, is an authoritative engine of destruction as much as a sweet tempered giver of light and aid. She felt so strongly that the stone was a gift from God, a mandate from Heaven that she do good work on Earth, that when she found herself destroying people she couldn't cope. The stone, alien of origin and possibly corrupted by the will of the reporter who held it so briefly, seemingly communicates to its host empathically. It seems to be pushing her towards the cult leadership.

Quote: "Walk carefully before the voice of God, I do not abide sinful thoguhts."

Background: Lisa Grass was a simple farmgirl, living with her grandfather and mother, on an Indian reservation. She spent most of her day working out in the fields and hauling water. During one of her many trips to the water pump, a mile from her fields, she discovered a strange crystaline rock. When she picked it up, it began to bathe her in a purple glow which seemed (to her) to clense her soul.

For the next couple of months she belived that the rock was a message from God. She became something of a local preacher and the entire town of Sawtooth began to see her as some sort of saint. She performed many miracles; she could levitate off the ground run to the nearest hospital 40 miles away and back in less than twenty minutes, and she was known to dissolve metal, stone, and crystal.

Her fame reached so far that even neighboring churches came to witness her miracles. This didn't set quite as well with the other clergy, and some warned that she might not be a messenger from God. Others went so far as to demonize her, calling her mutant, monster, or even minion of evil. Her name was soon being plastered about the tabloids (when celebrities weren't divorcing or knocking boots) and called every thing from the spirit of a long dead shaman returned, to an alien, to the next messiah. One day while she was off helping some of her neighbors, a rather slimy reporter entered her house and began searching it. Supposedly, he wanted a scoop story.

However, during the search he found the crystal and was also bathed in the purple light. Before he could leave the house with his new meal ticket, Lisa returned. In a rage, she grasped the crystal, A battle of wills ensued and the reporter, greedy and unethical was unable to prevail over the young woman's fervent spirituality. However, the loser of the test of wills was not merely forced to break contact with the stone, he was disintegrated. Lisa panicked. She understood what she had done and went to the police. She was arrested (as much for her own protection as anything) and the crystal was removed from her person.

During her time in the cell she kept hearing the call of the crystal. At night she could see the purple glow. After three days it became unbearable and she began willing the crystal to activate. It did. The blast disintegrated the wall and the bars to her cell and she was able to collect it. When she grasped the crystal she realized that she'd also disintegrated a good portion of the deputy on duty. Her mind snapped and she escaped into the night.

When she next appeared it was a different woman. Dressed in flowing robes of silver with a multitude of purple hues in a hundred designs. The stone, now seemingly affixed to her throat, she called herself Gabrielle and began her calling as an angelic voice of the Lord.

Powers/Tactics: Gabrielle is no tactical wizard. Mostly she postures and threatens until pushed into action then she lets loose her great crystalline wings to show the upstarts what they are dealing with. When that doesn't work she lets fly with the Disintegration. This last tactic is very tiring and if she starts to run low on energy she will run. The crystal has given her not only a sturdier and stronger body, it has given her an unearthly grace and speed not often seen even in superhumans.

Campaign Use: Gabrielle is something of an ethical dilemma for heroes. Left to their own devices, she and her followers try to help others and spread the word of God. The problem is, she will not tolerate defiance to her word and when true Christians or other more established religions question her she becomes frustrated and angry. She and her loyal followers use Christian trappings, crosses (often with purple stones embedded), bibles (altered by her words) and her "lieutenants" dress like priests.

If her mind could be healed from the influence of the crystal, Sarah would be horrified at what she's become. She would gladly turn herself in.

Fixed...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

As you can see, the textual versions of the fine V&V HERO conversions by TheQuestionMan and Lord Beavis (posted courtesy of Jhamin), and by Enforcer84, have become virtually illegible due to the deactivation of the HTML compatibility for these discussion forums. However, I was able to reconstruct those posts and Save them as a Document file, making them clear to view again and also easy to edit.

I'm Attaching that document to this post. I attempted to contact the creators of these writeups before doing this, but couldn't reach everyone. If any of you have a problem with my reproducing your work, let me know and I'll edit the document.:)

And don't forget to check out the Hero Designer files for these characters upthread. :thumbup: