With GM's Permission ...

CrosshairCollie

Re: With GM's Permission ...

...Although I DO remember once' date=' a few years ago, I had to instruct a particular player to go through his rule book with a red pen and next to every place where it said "With GM permition" write "phydaux is an asshole."[/quote']

So do you use your real name as your sign in name as I do? If so, it is quite interesting.

Levi "this post should have been a PM" Mote

Considering there are 4 GM's in my group, me being one of them, we're quite flexible. Each character created gets critiqued by each of us. I think we've had three, maybe as many as six characters who've broken various kinds of rules but the concept allowed it. If a concept is a good one, they can go ahead and build it even if breaking rules but it's still gonna get reviewed.

If you look at the talents and powers marked with the sign "stop" you'll notice that those powers are not the more powerful' date=' but those that , like danger sense,clairsentience.desolidification, faster-than-light-travel ( to name just a few) could put a monkey wrenc in the gamemaster plans. Let us say, for example that you have conceived a trap to capture the pc ( and that is essential to your game) and the danger sense of one of the players start to itch while they are nearing the building where the trap is set or that the same thing happens every time the hero go near the master villain that is disguising himself like the innocent daughter of the local preacher.Personally I permit those powers only when I have a way to neutralize them (eg danger sense, in the examples above doesn't work if the villain is not thinking to attack the hero or if the menace is not a sentient being )[/quote']

I'll permit those powers because of their inherent limitations. If I need the character's Danger Sense to fail for some reason, I'll either find a way to blind it, or make it seem like it's going haywire (he senses the jar of pickles is about to fall and break, he senses that the old lady is about to stub her toe, and when he senses that the nice man strangling the yound woman, he rushes to help only to find she was choking on some food, and the man was performing the Heimlich Maneuver. Of course, the young man really was an assassin who had used an invisible gas to make her seem like she was choking on some food as he rushed to "help" and deliver the lethal poison, only the hero got there in time. The hero doesn't know this... he just knows that his Danger Sense is going nuts on him and starts to mistrust it... which is when I strike. :eg:

Another bleeding heart liberal!

Mainly, I ask for a weakness or monothematic nature or appropriate off-setting psych lim. For example, we had a time traveller who could also make people and objects younger or older; he had a psych lim "Must uphold true timeline," and, of course, knowledge as to which is the "true" timeline.