The New Legion of Super-Heroes

Supreme

I don't know about any of you, but I'm LOVING the new Legion of Super-Heroes. It's wicked cool! They had me at "Ultra-Love." For those of you not familiar, Waid's latest retcon of the LSH makes it a 31st century youth movement. Anyone who believes in the cause of fighting for change (and presumably is below a certain age level) can join. Currently (as of issue #2) they have something like 28,000 members, though only a handful comprise the core team which actually does any fighting.

Since this is so wonderfully open-ended I thought it would make a great Champions campaign (don't worry Cometeer, you can keep running the FH game for a while). So I thought I'd start a thread where people could post their own ideas for their own Legionaires. They can be funny, serious, or any combination thereof. I'll probably post a few of my own.

Re: The New Legion of Super-Heroes

In agreement here, I was struck by how good a Teen/Champs 3K campaign it would make. I'm not new to the Legion but the 60s vintage youth genereation vs older establishment seems perfect.

My only concern was that the more potential supers in the organization the harder it is to keep powers and roles seperate but its a trade off with knowing that anyone who wants to can drop out, in character or otherwise, and not neccesarily derail the whole campaign.

In agreement here, I was struck by how good a Teen/Champs 3K campaign it would make. I'm not new to the Legion but the 60s vintage youth genereation vs older establishment seems perfect.

My only concern was that the more potential supers in the organization the harder it is to keep powers and roles seperate but its a trade off with knowing that anyone who wants to can drop out, in character or otherwise, and not neccesarily derail the whole campaign.

My thinking for a campaign was to have the PCs play one independant cadre, well removed from Legion HQ who are merely acting on their own. Occasionally, Cosmic Boy can come on the vid-screen and ask them to do something for the Legion in that sector, or condemn them for breaking the charter, or something. Otherwise they are free to act as they see fit.

I think someone started a thread on this detailing some characters, I could be wrong.

Personally I've enjoyed the book so far too. People complain about it on JLU but I'm enjoying them focusing on alternating characters, getting an idea of what these new people are supposed to be like compared to the ones most of us have grown up with.

http://lsh.freeservers.com/upcoming.html

As a long time fan of Legion (I think that the Levitz run in the 80s was among the best in comics), this has been a great books, and a relief (didn't care for the last reboot). Waid is making sure each character stands out, and the core personlaties seem pretty intact.

I especially loved Collosal Boys (ahem excuse me Microlad's) Power. He is normally 60 feet tall, his power is to shrink down to "normal people" size. Not only great writing and decent art, but power concepts I have never seen before.

I agree this book is great.

Well, aside from write-ups of existing legionaires, what about ideas for original characters?

I was thinking of Gremlin Girl. A member of a green-skinned that has a strong tradition of Luditism, so they often develop extremely sophisiticated security systems skills. GG also pushes concepts of just what youth is because her race matures quickly. Gremlin Girl's best line? "'Girl'? I have 47 kids." (she's 16)