Hugh Neilson and D.U.H.S.

Rick

This I think, is a great idea!!! Designed Using Hero System. Imagine if someone could get a title like Halo or Cowboy bebop. Then design the game. Maybe make it a box set where the primary book is the game setting and rules. the rules should be transparent. No stat blocks or write ups just the gun does 2d6k, then list any particulars like CV modifiers ect. Explain how the game plays and describe how everything works as pertains to the game not hero rules.

Then have a small booklet in the back for hero-philes, the "here's how we used and abused the hero system to make this game." Include all of the writeups and modifications to the rules included earlier.

Then you can whore the hero system, in the GM section you say, does something not work the way you like and you want to change it, or did it work singingly and you'd like to find out how we make it work, buy this: hero 5th edition to find out how to develope and create your own worlds or change ours to your liking.

Edit: By the way this is in responce to something Mr. Neilson brought in the why aren't more people playing Hero thread.

Re: Hugh Neilson and D.U.H.S.

Maybe PBHS (Powered By Hero System). I think I noted the first time I used the acronym that I didn't see DUHS attracting a lot of positive attention :)

That's because you're not spinning it right. Just pronounce it "dues," so that you can say that games Designed Using HERO System are "paying their DUHS." :thumbup:

That's because you're not spinning it right. Just pronounce it "dues' date='" so that you can say that games Designed Using HERO System are "paying their DUHS." :thumbup:[/quote']

Well, it's an improvement. But gamers have to read it on the shelf before they buy it and see it's not pronounced like it's spelled. [but people bought GURPS, which sounds like an impolite post-meal noise, and that was in bigger letters than DUHS would logically be, so who knows?]

1) I think this is a GREAT idea and is actually how I do many of my games for newbies. A lot ot the problem is when they see an HERO write up they get lost when all they need to know is 2d6.

Funny story time...

In my current running Champions game the "spokesman" for the group was at a press conference when the group was just forming up. They had defeated some villian and the "spokesman" wasn't happy about being the one to talk so he started giving a real patroitic speech about how they weren't really heroes the real "Ultimate Heroes" were the american people.

Well the press got a hold of the name "Ultimate Heroes" and ran with it, so now the group is UH and I always say, "Hey, look its uhhhhhh" :)

I'd recommend not using anything of the form {yadda-yadda} Hero System, since the abreviation "__HS" looks like it stands for {wossname} High School.

Seriously, I saw the title of this thread and wondered "What high school is this thread about." Reading it, I learned otherwise. It's still a valid concern, IMO.