Dream Park HERO!

Citizen Keen

So, recently, I saw a reference to Larry Niven in the Sex and the Single Superman thread. Then, I saw Cyber HERO related thread. And it hit me!

Dream Park HERO!

How much fun would it be to roleplay world champions in Dream Park? Or Dream Park staff? Investigating mysteries, rushing to make adventures work, and occasionally just settling in to your roles and playing!

Granted, roleplaying about roleplaying might get a little deep, or a little silly, but I remember reading those books and really getting carried away.

Who's with me? Any ideas?

Re: Dream Park HERO!

I think it's one of those great ideas that absolutely require that ALL the players read the source material. The Amber Diceless RPG has this same problem. I think it would be very fun. But I am biased having read nearly every Niven book ever written.

Even RINGWORLD THRONE? (/shudder)

Hmm... maybe I should give that a try. "Throne" was a novel that was truly GNDN (goes no where' date=' does nothing).[/quote']

Wow, deja vu. :lol: I know what you mean. I just finished rereading Ringworld Throne as a set up to rereading Ringworld's Children. It is a much better read as a transitional set up between Engineers and Children. Ringworld's Children brings back the Earthlings as protagonists rather than just observers.

Ironically, Throne was the only one of the series I got Larry to sign. :rolleyes:

Wow' date=' [i']deja vu[/i]. :lol: I know what you mean. I just finished rereading Ringworld Throne as a set up to rereading Ringworld's Children. It is a much better read as a transitional set up between Engineers and Children. Ringworld's Children brings back the Earthlings as protagonists rather than just observers.

Ironically, Throne was the only one of the series I got Larry to sign. :rolleyes:

Hey, at least you've had an opportunity to meet him. The closest he's come to Tampa was a convention last year in Jacksonville that I couldn't get to.

I'm so Jealous!

:)

HM