IST San Angelo version 2.0

Mark Rand

Re: IST San Angelo version 2.0

So... do you two know Jay and Silent Bob?

Nope.

I'll let CBikle keep his secret.

I've seen Kevin Smith around Red Bank and been in his comic book/collectible store. There's a big "An Evening with Kevin Smith" thing going on at The Count Basie theatre if interested. http://viewaskew.com/news/countbasie/

My other "brush with greatness" is sledding with Springsteen at Tower Hill.

Oh yeah...and playing Champs with Steve Long and JamesG at a con.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FLAG, the Foundation for Law and Government, has been active for over 20-years. Former FLAG operative Michael Knight now heads the foundation's operational division. His wife, Bonnie Barstow Knight, PhD., is in charge of all technical matters. Reginald Cornelius III and his wife, Jennifer Knight Cornelius, run the fundraising division.

Now there are two cars, each with a 2002 Pontiac TransAm body and a Knight Industries Three Thousand AI. When they go out, Michael and Bonnie drive KITT . The new operative drives KATT , which is short for Knight Associates Three Thousand.

The United States Department of Justice is currently developing a special helicopter for fighting metahuman crime. The prototype helicopter, Blue Thunder, is on loan to the LAPD.

Ten years ago, the DUnited States Department of Justice created the Highwayman program. The main job of these U.S. Marshals is to combat crime of all kinds on the nation's highways.

Other interdepartmental moves and assignments include former-astronaut, Tony Nelson has been assigned as NASA's liaison to the Stargate Project located in Sunnydale by order of Dr. Bellows and President Jack Ryan; Major Nelson's immediate supervisors will be PRIMUS liaisons Col. Frank Burns and Major "Hot Lips" Houlihan.

Although largely govt.-financed, the organizations are co-funded by Drummond industries, the OCP corporation, Wayne Industries and the Keebler Elves who also serve as bakery subcontractors.

When baking or doing any sort of food-handling and preparation, the elves wear white gloves

short-sleeve black dresses with white collars and cuffs.

JamesG, you got anything that matches that description? We all really liked your "black glove" contribution.

Hmm, that's a tough one. Couldn't find anything EXACTLY like the description. Here's the best I could do.

attachment.php?attachmentid=14243

attachment.php?attachmentid=14244

Other contractors include Stark International, LexCorp,

Lucent Technologies and S-Mart. S-Mart's Michigan headquarters handles all mundane items which must be requisitioned through Corporal "Radar" O'Reilly (older brother to the "O'Reilly Factor's Bill O'Reilly). Radar's supervisor is Oscar Goldman.

Smaller deliveries may be left up front with Carlton The Doorman and all larger deliveries must go to the back, where it will be taken care of by the Oompa-Loompas.

Other contractors include Stark International, LexCorp,

Lucent Technologies and S-Mart. S-Mart's Michigan headquarters handles all mundane items which must be requisitioned through Corporal "Radar" O'Reilly (older brother to the "O'Reilly Factor's Bill O'Reilly). Radar's supervisor is Oscar Goldman.

Smaller deliveries may be left up front with Carlton The Doorman and all larger deliveries must go to the back, where it will be taken care of by the Oompa-Loompas.

In the two posts involving this idea I count references to I Dream of Jeannie, M*A*S*H, Robocop, Rhoda, Batman, Superman, Ironman, and the Buffy/Angel universe as well as the Champions Universe, the Jack Ryan books, and The Six Million Dollar Man/Bionic Woman universe. What fun. Some might actually work, assuming, of course, I do put the SGC into this universe, and I just might.

There are men and women with extremely keen senses. These people, known as sentinels, come from various walks of life and always have someone to assist them when they're foucuing on one sense and excluding everything from the other senses. One sentinel is Detective James Ellison of the Cascade, Washington Police Departmemnt. Blair Sandburg, PhD., an anthropologist, helps him.

Detective Jack Breslin of the LAPD robbery/homiside squad and crime scene analyst Ta'ra Andulon run into the weirdist cases.

A Chicago restaraunt owner with precognitive powers is never seen without his newspaper. Lately, he's been seen in the company of a female police detective who is also a former United States Marshal.

Several cities have gargoyles, strange creatures that turn to stone during the day and can fly throiugh the aoir at night. One is New York City. Another is Cold Creek, California, a town of 425 on the edge of the Angeles National Forest, which completely covers the San Gabriel Mountains. The town is also a short distance from Van Nuys Airport.

In the two posts involving this idea I count references to I Dream of Jeannie, M*A*S*H, Robocop, Rhoda, Batman, Superman, Ironman, and the Buffy/Angel universe as well as the Champions Universe, the Jack Ryan books, and The Six Million Dollar Man/Bionic Woman universe. What fun.

taken care of by the Oompa-Loompas.

You neglected to mention Wilie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.)

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Some people working with a San Francisco police detective claim that a bracelet on her right arm has morphed into a metal gauntlet that covers her right forearm and has, at times, produced a sword blade. She says that they don't know what they're talking about.

Special Agent in Charge Thomas Huntley of the FBI's Los Angeles office was rewarding Special Agents Daphne Wyeth and Parthenope Addison for their capture of an artifact smggler when Agent Addison yelled, "Nooo," just before morphing into a cougar. She snarled at Huntley, urinated on him, then bolted out of the ground floor briefing room. As Special Agent Wyeth fainted, the cougar went right through the glass doors as if they weren't there.

When Agent Wyeth came to, she told SAC Huntley that the smuggler told them that a coyote owed him a favor. "We thought he meant a computer hacker, but he might have been referring to Coyote, the trickster of Indian legend. I'd better find Addy before someone else dores."

"Go," Huntley roared. "I want you to find her without involving either those freeks at the IST or those so-called vampire hunters."

"I understand, sir," Wyeth said, realizing that SAC Huntley was a fool.

Two days after Special Agent Wyeth left, SAC Huntley received information that a certain black-ops helicopter, that crossed international boundaries without peoper approval and could break the sound barrier, was hidden in The Valley of the Gods. To be sure he caught them with the goods, he contacted a local superhero team that was sanctioned by the federal government's Department of Metahuman Information, for their help. He also brought along Sensor Man, the DMI-sanctioned hero that had given him the data, an FBI SWAT team and two bureau helicopters.

As he was arresting the three pilots, something, traveling faster than Mach 1, flashed by and knocked his helicopters out of control and into the ground. The three pilots rushed into a nearby cave. Two SWAT agents followed. Then, a helicopter appeared, out of the night and 15-feet above the ground. As it came closer, its downwash was able to knock people vehicles into the rocks. As Huntley grabbed a set of night sight binoculars, Sensor Man, with his eyes in full nightsight mode, flew after the helicopter. Suddenly, for a split second, it was as bright as day. Huntley screamed. Sensor Man fell from the sky and grenades flew from the cave mouth, emitting gas.

When he came to, the cave was, except for the SWAT agents, empty. One had a note pinned to his tunic. It read, "Murphy's Law...If anything can go wrong, it will."

The next day, Agents Addison and Wyeth arrived. "I now have full control of my ability to shift to cougar form and Daphne can now hear me when I'm a cougar," Addison said.

"We're leaving the FBI to join the IST," Wyeth added. "Here are our resignations." After turning in their gear and cleaning out their desks, the two former agents left.

Guest Major Tom

Two days after Special Agent Wyeth left, SAC Huntley received information that a certain black-ops helicopter, that crossed international boundaries without peoper approval and could break the sound barrier, was hidden in The Valley of the Gods. To be sure he caught them with the goods, he contacted a local superhero team that was sanctioned by the federal government's Department of Metahuman Information, for their help. He also brought along Sensor Man, the DMI-sanctioned hero that had given him the data, an FBI SWAT team and two bureau helicopters.

As he was arresting the three pilots, something, traveling faster than Mach 1, flashed by and knocked his helicopters out of control and into the ground. The three pilots rushed into a nearby cave. Two SWAT agents followed. Then, a helicopter appeared, out of the night and 15-feet above the ground. As it came closer, its downwash was able to knock people vehicles into the rocks. As Huntley grabbed a set of night sight binoculars, Sensor Man, with his eyes in full nightsight mode, flew after the helicopter. Suddenly, for a split second, it was as bright as day. Huntley screamed. Sensor Man fell from the sky and grenades flew from the cave mouth, emitting gas.

When he came to, the cave was, except for the SWAT agents, empty. One had a note pinned to his tunic. It read, "Murphy's Law...If anything can go wrong, it will."

The next day, Agents Addison and Wyeth arrived. "I now have full control of my ability to shift to cougar form and Daphne can now hear me when I'm a cougar," Addison said.

"We're leaving the FBI to join the IST," Wyeth added. "Here are our resignations." After turning in their gear and cleaning out their desks, the two former agents left.

Nice touch there with Sensor Man.

Major Tom :lol:

I LMAO when I read this one

Nice touch there with Sensor Man.

Major Tom :lol:

I LMAO when I read this one

Thanks, and thank you for suggesting the idea, in the first IST San Angelo thread, that was the basis for this. There's more to come, and Huntley won't like it.

SAC Huntley called his people together for a review of the incident at the Valley of the Gods. "Is there anything to tie these people to Santini Air?" he asked.

"No, sir," replied one agent that had been in the cave. "When I came in, I saw the people I thought were Mike Rivers, Jo santini, and St. John Hawke on the floor, so I told them to stay there. They did. Mike was complaining about his wig. Jo told him that she should've said something before. After St. John told them to pipe down, Mike responded in a Boston accent and Jo accepted the order with a Southern accent. After the light came, my partner fell. I saw two darts in him. I turned and got two, also. That's all I know."

"Anyone have anything else?" Huntley asked.

"We found trace ammounts of fiberglass on the floor and the note was printed on plane paper using a laser printer. The darts and grenades were gone and there were no fingerprints."

"I checked for flight plans," the third agent said. "The Santini Air Huey has been in the area recently, shooting film for Bellisarius Productions."

"In other words, we have nothing! Right?" Huntley snarled. All three nodded. "Get out of here."

Guest Major Tom

SAC Huntley called his people together for a review of the incident at the Valley of the Gods. "Is there anything to tie these people to Santini Air?" he asked.

"No, sir," replied one agent that had been in the cave. "When I came in, I saw the people I thought were Mike Rivers, Jo santini, and St. John Hawke on the floor, so I told them to stay there. They did. Mike was complaining about his wig. Jo told him that she should've said something before. After St. John told them to pipe down, Mike responded in a Boston accent and Jo accepted the order with a Southern accent. After the light came, my partner fell. I saw two darts in him. I turned and got two, also. That's all I know."

"Anyone have anything else?" Huntley asked.

"We found trace ammounts of fiberglass on the floor and the note was printed on plane paper using a laser printer. The darts and grenades were gone and there were no fingerprints."

"I checked for flight plans," the third agent said. "The Santini Air Huey has been in the area recently, shooting film for Bellisarius Productions."

"In other words, we have nothing! Right?" Huntley snarled. All three nodded. "Get out of here."

Awww... Poor SAC Huntley ( :snicker: ).

Oh, well... If all else fails, he can always ask Bill Maxwell for a helping hand.

Major Tom :winkgrin:

Guest Major Tom

TO: JamesG

RE: Post #42 of this thread

Ye gods, man! That pic's sort of pushing the envelope, wouldn't you say?

Next thing you know, the CyberVice Squad'll be kicking down our doors...

Major Tom :jawdrop:

TO: JamesG

RE: Post #42 of this thread

Ye gods, man! That pic's sort of pushing the envelope, wouldn't you say?

Next thing you know, the CyberVice Squad'll be kicking down our doors...

Major Tom :jawdrop:

If anybody seriously finds some of my pics too over the top, please let me know either via posting here or PMing me. If there is enough demand, I'll edit them out. My aim is to entertain, not to offend.

Awww... Poor SAC Huntley ( :snicker: ).

Oh, well... If all else fails, he can always ask Bill Maxwell for a helping hand.

Major Tom :winkgrin:

Wasn't Bill Maxwell Robert Culp's character on The Greatest American Hero? Sure, he was a bit gung-ho, but, unlike Huntley, he knew when to quit. Of course, unlike Huntley, he doesn't have an axe to grind with Santini Air.

Oh, the first recorded incident involving this helicopter was in 2001.

After the heroes were given a tour of the embassy, Doctor Arcane said, "It looks quite impressive, but I think we could use more living quarters and a pool. With your permission, I'll see about constructing something usable."

"How would this work?" Sir John asked.

"There are a number of realities out there where everyone on Earth has died," Doctor Arcane replied. "A race, known as the Guardians, takes buildings, neighborhoods, cities, buildings, cars, people and other objects from where they were, removes any infections, then puts them into stasis until needed."

"What happens to the bodies?" Kuntala asked.

"They're cremated," Doctor Arcane replied. "All we're permitted to remove from the bodies are footwear, outerwear, and jewelry."

"I'll call IST Command and try to get permission," Sir John said. "Tom, Keiko, if we get clearence, I want you to check it out."

"Right," Keiko said.

"Will do," Tom said.

"A moment, please," Doctor Arcane?" Kuntala asked as the tour ended.

"What can I do for you?" he asked.

"I've heard that the military group fighting HSTs uses mages," she replied. "Is that true?"

"Yes," he replied. "However, there are rules. "First, this force can be used only against hostile undead creatures outside this country. Second, they must be invited into the country. Third, their use must be sanctioned by Slayer Central, which is sanctioned by the same COPPF that the IST is part of."

"They have to get approval each time they get deployed?" Kuntala asked.

"Yes," Doctor Arcane replied. "Slayer Central always assigns a Slayer to accompany them. Also, Buffy and her friends know Major Riley Finn, the unit commander, his wife and second in command, Samantha, and the other members of their unit.

"I see," Kuntals said. "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

Sir John summoned Doctor Arcane, Keiko, and Tom to his office. "You may proceed," he said.

"Thank you, Sir John," Doctor Arcane said.

"We will do our best," Keiko said.

"Agreed," Tom said.

"When do you want to go through?" Doctor Arcane asked as they headed for the elevator.

"Ten o'clock tonight," Tom said. "It's a wonderful time for being sneaky."

"We're playing cat burglar?" Keiko asked.

"Yep," Tom replied.

"Meow?" Isis asked.

"No, they're not going to steal you," Doctor Arcane replied. "They just move quietly, like cats." Isis purred.

At 8 pm, Doctor Arcane cast his spell in a dead-end hallway on the fifth floor. Tom, already in black, pulled on and adjusted his ski mask.

"Nice," Keiko said. She touched her pendant and whispered something.

"Impressive," Tom said as her tee shirt and jeans changed into a black ninja nightsuit. "I didn't know ninjas wore gloves."

"I do," she said, flexing her fingers. Claws appeared from the fingertips of her black-gloved hands.

"Cool," Tom said. "Are they for climbing?"

"No," Keiko replied. "Fighting<" She flexed her fingers again, retracting the claws. "Ready?"

"Let's go."

They stepped through the gate and ended up in a bus shelter in front of a hotel. "Nice building," Tom said. "Reminds me of one I was in last year, when I was spying on terrorists for the U.N. and, occasionally, playing the role of a sauve cat burglar."

"Wish I had that option," Kimiko said. "I dress like a ninja because I am one. In your business, you traded on your reputation. You still can. Same for me. People preceive ninjas as casual killers, so I play that reputation to the hilt. That's why I have knives, throwing stars, a sword, and my clawed gloves."

"You could always switch to my style of garb and play a cool lady cat burglar," Tom suggested as they entered the building.

"Or I could be the bodyguard you hired and are trying to keep from being too bloodthirsty," Keiko said.

"Interesting idea," Tom said as they looked around. "Airline stewardesses on our left."

"They're from the 1960s," Keiko said. "One day while visiting, April's mother told us a few stories about her life as a stewardess and even modeled some old uniforms. I remember her wearing gloves, but they were black, not white. She explained that they only wore white gloves for publicity, promotion, and advertising work. They wore black gloves while working and didn't have to keep them on while in the plane."