Looking for the product

Allright assembled Herodom here is the problem.

the math.

yes we keep on getting this so I want to put it to rest for ever.

let me put you in my shoes.

I have 1 year in an advertising art degree (probaly never will finish).

my group has two math majors, an engineering major two computer majors, an Electrical engineer with a double masters and a materials science/millitary major. everyone has _at least_ a bachelors.

two of us have Hero down pat. me and the millitary guy. even in random discussion with other gamers I get the math issue as the leading problem with hero.

Now then what I want to find that I think will solve the problems is a point by point chart with every advantage and disadvantage level from 1/4 to 6 and -1/4 to -6 from 2 to 400.

if there is one somewhere could someone point it out to me?

a program won't have the same impact as a printable chart.

im just a long time hero fan tired of the flack.

and as for me personally I get the math, I routinely do 60 point+ V.P.P.'s in my head and do them right.

Just want the beastie dead. past even the resurrection adder.

Glibly Skip!

Re: Looking for the product

an Exel spread sheet should do this quit easly.

Indeedy, and here is one....(and for my next trick.....) :)

OK, it doesn't go from 2 to 400 but you can easily extend or amend it to suit, or drop me a line if you are not familiar with Excel and I can do it for you.

Now then what I want to find that I think will solve the problems is a point by point chart with every advantage and disadvantage level from 1/4 to 6 and -1/4 to -6 from 2 to 400.

if there is one somewhere could someone point it out to me?

a program won't have the same impact as a printable chart.

Well, I didn't know of such a beastie, so I just made one for 'ya. :)

It's a series of 15 tables (really, 2 tables broken up into multiple pages because they're so huge) that you can use to calculate the precise Real Cost of any Power. They'll work as long as the Power doesn't exceed +6 in Advantages, -6 in Limitations, a base cost (before Advantages) of 250, or an Active Cost (after Advantages) of 500.

This is basically the same thing as the tables on page 279 of 5ER, except that it's enormously more granular (it literally goes point-by-point, rather than in 5-point steps).

Hope this helps. :)

Indeedy, and here is one....(and for my next trick.....) :)

OK, it doesn't go from 2 to 400 but you can easily extend or amend it to suit, or drop me a line if you are not familiar with Excel and I can do it for you.

Oh, how funny. Great minds thinking alike and posting at the same time.

Mine's better though... :nya::D

You might want to think about buying a cheap calculator, also. You can get one for under $5, and it's just as quick as a look-up table. Plus, you can use a calculator to add up your different powers and characteristics, etc., which the table can't do.

Well, I didn't know of such a beastie, so I just made one for 'ya. :)

Hope this helps. :)

That rocks pretty hard! (Personally, I'd probably find it quicker just to do the math in my head or with a calculator than do two lookups on the giant table, but for people who want it, can't argue with that level of completeness and speed of assistance!)

I've gotten so used to applying advantages and limitations I use it as a rough and ready guide for foreign currency conversion when I go on holiday: just work out what advantage or limitation you have to apply to get the right result and you are away!

Apply a +1/4 advantage to the value of a Euro and you get a result in dollars. Apply a -1 limitation to dollar value and you get the equivalent in British pounds.

Bit rough, but it gets your there. :)

two things

first off guys, a sincere thanks, this should help some.

also

That rocks pretty hard! (Personally' date=' I'd probably find it quicker just to do the math in my head or with a calculator than do two lookups on the giant table, but for people who want it, can't argue with that level of completeness and speed of assistance!)[/quote']

completely agree with you there generaly I run a calculation in the blink of an eye. Usually while verbally informing the Gm as I do so.

You might want to think about buying a cheap calculator' date=' also. You can get one for under $5, and it's just as quick as a look-up table. Plus, you can use a calculator to add up your different powers and characteristics, etc., which the table can't do.[/quote']

Five bucks? For a simple number cruncher? I've got this lovely one from the dollar store that works just fine. Well, actually, I got angry one day and threw it across the room. But I bought another one, and I stil haven't spend five bucks! You just don't need anything more complicated than a dollar store calcluator for hero, and you don't even need a caclulator, it just helps.