The BORG fear nothing

simplygnome

I just read Lord Liadens thread about the name COUNT INFINITY and I loved it. Im definately stealing this idea as a Super Villian for my tabletop game and Im going with the super scientist with Duplication (Actually, as his background goes, he can duplicate ANYTHING, as long as he has enough END to do so, however Im tacking on x5 end to all his powers to keep him balanced considering his dulicates can also duplicate).

What Id like to ask you Herodom, is how would I best represent a power I'd like to call Safety in Numbers. I'm wanting this badguy to counteract one of the parties Mentalists with a 60 some odd PRESENCE (its his minion destroyer). The more duplicates the COUNT has out, the safer all of them feel, because if only one survives, COUNT INFINITY will live on to fight another day, so that means that any ONE particular clone is really dispensable. The more of an army he has, the less likely he is to be afraid....

Basically, what Im thinking of is buying +100 Presence, only to resist fear [-1], Limited: Gradually gets bigger bonus with each duplicate [-1 1/2] (Starts at 0, and then gets +2 per duplicate...and YES there will be times where he will have 50 duplicates on the field).

On top of this, he'll probably have a base 20 PRE anyhow, or at least a decent ego, as going through his kind of super villian transformation would make ANYONE pompus....

Anyone have a better way???

Re: The BORG fear nothing

At least Lord Liaden got a cool name like Count Infinity. What do I get? Platypus Baron! :(

You have my sympathy, tkdguy. That generator can of course churn out as much drek as gems - 'tis the nature of randomness. :( OTOH it did produce a few other clever names that have made it into our current campaign. For heroes: Psi Jinx (my personal fave), Star Archer and War Wolf.

For villains besides Count Infinity, we also got Hell Hand, and one that has already become a favorite comic-relief villain: the Nuclear Knuckle! :snicker: