CKC: New Blood among villainry

Hermit

New to HERO because of the Cool new book so I don't have the historical grasp that the rest of you have, but from what I've seen so far...

I am so liking the Warlord and the Warmachine....

Can't wait to use them.

Also, Cateran works for some of my plot hooks, esp after one of my players exclaimed, "Aha! There's my character's new girlfriend!"

Dark Seraph and the Crowns of Krim....mwhahahahaha!

Tukofanes...even more evil laughter!

OK>>>I've only browsed through the rest of the book, reading the Master Villian section.

Originally posted by TheEmerged

PSI: Pet Peeve Alert! Breaking up the membership of this group (apparently they're going to be listed in several different expansions) was a misfire.

Well, just the two. The core members were listed in CKC, but since their HQ is in Millennium City, some additional members are listed there, as well as expanded plot devices and a handful of rivals and supporting characters. dw

Hello,

Originally Posted by TheEmerged:

Can't just list the newbies, so I'll cover the rewrites too

I actually have more 3rd Edition stuff than 4th, so while I can recognize most of the classics, I'm still unsure whether many of the characters new to me are new to 5th Edition as well. :)

ULTIMATES: I like the expansion of the group, especially the fact that the expansion gave them a separate identity by expanding on an already-existing theme (nerds out for revenge) instead of the "buff them up" approach in Enemies Assemble.

Yes, they're a worthy inclusion, and the theme approach is interesting. But I still miss Plasmoid...

CATERAN: There can be only one!

Presumably the expected reaction. My first thought was, "Hmm, Hottie McLeod of the Clan McLeod. Duncan's heritage, Amanda's attitude towards other people's property, and Slan Quince's build." And that's definitely the highest hemline I've ever seen on a kilt. :D

THE MONSTER: "Boo! Come on lady, I only have a 30 PRE, work with me here..."

"Only"? Man, 350-point PCs spoiling people already, eh? ;)

Originally Posted by Hermit:

Destroyer speaks,"As you can see, my genetic make up is...difficult to duplicate exactly. Still, one of my duplicates matches my intellect even if physically he has come up a bt ..short."

The tiny helmeted figure hops up onto the chair and glares malevolently in his three foot five inch armor.

The Doctor continues, "I call him... Mini-D."

:eek:! He'll kill me first chance he gets!

As far as my own favorites go, Istvatha V'han is pretty high among the ones I'm fairly sure are new. The "Empress of a Billion Dimensions" thing is indeed cool, and she strikes me as sort of a blend of the Shi'ar Empress Lilandra and Lady from Glen Cook's "Black Company" series of books. And ya gotta love someone with the cojones to take Tyrannon for a Hunted. :D (*shudders to think he counts as "More Powerful" than even her*)

Also on my list are Captain Chronos and Tesseract (always loved the space-time manipulation powers), Nebula (reminds me of Justice, my favorite "New Universe" character before Marvel ruined the place), and Zorran the Artificer (I'm a sucker for the whole "secret history" and "secret races" conspiracy-theory schtick, and he looks about as close to a proper magus as we're going to get before Ultimate Mystic comes out).

The classic character writeups are welcome too - Dr. D (Daddy!) is suitably impressive, and it's nice to have a write-up (and name!) at last for Holocaust, who's on the cover of more than one of my 3rd Edition books. And it's also nice to see Firewing, Foxbat, Grond, the Monster, and the rest of the gang all brought up to date and ready to unleash their evil in the 21st Century. :)

Originally posted by Scott Destroyer

And ya gotta love someone with the cojones to take Tyrannon for a Hunted. :D (*shudders to think he counts as "More Powerful" than even her*)

Well, Tyrannon is pretty much the definition of 'More Powerful'. That's who he is, that's what he does. Essentially, think of a character with resources equivalent to Istvatha V'han, but instead of being a relatively wussy 716 points, he's built on 8000+. At least, that's what he used to be. No telling what the modern version will look like.

Originally posted by TheEmerged

BLOCKBUSTER... er, BULLDOZER: I'm glad he made the transition, but I disagree with him weighing in below 350. I'm working on a rewrite for the next adventure, so that's all I'm saying about that :D

:eek:

Oh, I couldn't disagree with you more. The whole point of Bulldozer is that he's less powerful than a starting PC, and just doesn't get it. That's why the old CE version of him was built on less than 250 points, and that's why the current version is built on 290 points. Making him 350 points would be a grave injustice, unless you're planning on playing High-powered heroes at the 450+ level. ;)

The DOZER

Perhaps more specifically, the point of Bulldozer is that he's less powerful than a starting PC, but thinks he can take 'em all at once. :)

I'm considering re-doing an old idea, where a bunch of the solo 'losers' teamed up, perhaps with a mysterious and highly persuasive benefactor backing them, after introducing them to the PCs and letting them get thumped. Imagine Bulldozer with those other 60 points spent on things like Martial Arts (Wrestling) and the like? The only thing worse than someone who brags constantly and can't back it up is when that person comes along and slaps you silly.

Back in 4th Ed, a friend of mine ran a game where Bulldozer became, like, mega-uber-cosmic-powered ... but his personality didn't change a bit. That was scary.:eek:

Originally posted by Hermit

The important thing about Bulldozer, IMHO, is that a female character (preferably played by a female player, because it's just more enjoyable for her) gets to kick his chauvinistic butt around the hexes :)

It's so sad that they removed the vulnerability from him in this edition. It's still satisfying to see a woman put him in his place, but it's not as, well, impressive in its sheer numerical glory.