YOU KNOW THE d20 WELL HAS RUN DRY WHEN...

BishopofB&W

Re: YOU KNOW THE d20 WELL HAS RUN DRY WHEN...

So I'm in both my local game stores today. First one didn't have Villainy Amok, but has (as I mentioned earlier in the thread) a Buy-1-get-1-free sale on all non-wizards D20 books. So I finally break down and start to go through many, many bins of D20 stuff, since I have one DM who will let you use that stuff.

30 Minutes later I still had 1 book in my hand, and it was one I wouldn't have bought unless there was a sale. I set it down, walked off and looked at the minis, and finally before checking out decided to get it, and one that had marginal interest (for free). But the simple fact that after having looked through easily 300 books, I could only find 1 I wanted, kinda says something about how watered down the D20 market is.

To put it in context, even some of the Wizards-affiliated d20 stuff hasn't done all that great.

Alderac Entertainment Group's Legend of the Five Rings universe became the canon 3rd ed Oriental Adventures universe for awhile, but recently, AEG declared that they are discontinuing d20 support for Legend of the Five Rings, and switching back to their proprietary d10-based system.

There's a slim handful of d20 universes/products that are getting by, but for the most part, yeah, it's a glutted market.

Smelly Fanboy

When do these T-Shirts show up in the Online Store?

I'm seeing the Green Man in some other shade, with the cartoon wavy stench lines emanating from him.

And of course on the back it must have the text of the power

Smelly Hero Fanboy, which I will not write at the moment because I'm sleep-deprived, as usual.

Will this do?

• 2 months later...

I can't believe there's a d20 erotic book.

And I thought I was sexually open - but elven/halfling....uh.....NO!

But anyway, this original post from Bishop of B&W was great, so bumping! (will catch you later rep-wise BoB&W)