Cyborg and mental powers

Whitewings

In the Teen Titans TV show, Cyborg is immune to Brother Blood's mental powers because his brain's partly electronic, and the Fixer couldn't remote control him becaues his brain's also partly organic.. Presumably one would need "Extra class of minds: Computer" to affect Cyborg. How would you represent this in Hero?7

Re: Cyborg and mental powers

Mental Defense or Damage Reduction, special effect "Duel class of brain" He an be affected, it just takes more effort (dice) because of his cyborg nature.

He may have a Physical Limitation: Can be affected by Cyberpaths, computer viruses, etc, but Fixit just wasnt' strong enough to overcome his defense.

That's how I'd do it.

It's just mental defense. Mentalists can't easily affect him due to him machine parts and cybernitics can't easily affect him due to his human parts. Just straight mental defense.

I'd also look at giving Cyborg a physical limitation stating he can be affected by the machine class mental powers as well as the human class powers.

It's just mental defense. Mentalists can't easily affect him due to him machine parts and cybernitics can't easily affect him due to his human parts. Just straight mental defense.

I'd also look at giving Cyborg a physical limitation stating he can be affected by the machine class mental powers as well as the human class powers.

Exactly what I was going to say about the lim for being affected by both classes. Maybe some low mental defense and also 50% reduction due to the dual nature of his brain.

On my HalfJack rewrite (a cyborg NPC from previous editions of Champions), I gave him 50% MD Reduction with the limitation "Not vs a MD power that can affect both the machine and human class of mind" -- only -1/4 because this is a fairly rare combination.

This is paired with a 10-pt Physical Limit "Also affected as the Machine class of mind."

On my HalfJack rewrite (a cyborg NPC from previous editions of Champions), I gave him 50% MD Reduction with the limitation "Not vs a MD power that can affect both the machine and human class of mind" -- only -1/4 because this is a fairly rare combination.

This is paired with a 10-pt Physical Limit "Also affected as the Machine class of mind."

Yep, I can see going with that as well.

BTW, there is a 5E write up for Halfjack as well. He's in the VIPER book. :)

I have a character with a cybernetic brain implant who has extra Mental Defense. I had to pick "machine" or "human" class of minds (I selected Human). The Mental Defense is there to simulate just this effect, where the circuitry is trying to keep her on track.

In my game, you have to buy Automaton powers in order to be technically classified as the "machine" class of minds.