Ultimate Grimoire (on-screen version) and Spellfinder utility

Fitz

I've reformatted Mark Doherty's Ultimate Grimoire specifically for on-screen use (for use on laptops and such) and, with his permission, put the PDF up on my site at http://mojobob.com/roleplay/hero/fantasy/magic/spellfinder.html The file size is about 1.8MB.

Also there is a handy little utility written for me by another friend, Steve Rennell, which makes it much, much easier to find specific spell types in the huge yawning abyss that is the Ultimate Grimoire -- the zip file weighs in at about 340KB.

NOTE: This is a fan-created resource collated over the years since Ye Olden Days, and should not be confused with the Fantasy Hero Grimoire or Grimoire II

Re: Ultimate Grimoire (on-screen version) and Spellfinder utility

I don't wish it to seem like I am complaining; I really don't. This is an excellent resource with a ton of spells.

But I noticed that none of them list real costs... was this deliberate?

Real Costs would be a little pointless (no pun intended) since none of the spells have any "flavor" limitations added, just the minimum necessary advantages and limitations to achieve the effect desired.

I've now added the available Hero Designer prefabs for each chapter to the page at http://mojobob.com/roleplay/hero/fantasy/magic/spellfinder.html courtesy of Shadowcat1313 who kindly emailed them all to me.

You can download them from there bundled in a single zip file (about 250KB), or grab each prefab file individually. It's not yet complete; we're still missing prefabs for C, F, G, and P (and X-Y, but there aren't any spells for X-Y anyway).

OK, I've added P to the zip package and to the individual download links. C is in TXT format, so I'm holding off on that one -- I'm about two thirds of the way through building it as an HDP in HD anyway :)

F and G will come soonish, depending on real life commitments.