Build this: Repulsion Field

Tech

I'd build this myself but frankly don't have the time right now. Here's the effects; I'll let you decide how to build it.

A field that repels any attack that could damage (i.e. hurt or cause pain) the originator. If the attack isn't powerful to actually connect with the originator of the field, the attack is reflected back at the attacker. This effect is constantly on until the originator decides to turn it off.

Okay, get to it! :bounce:

Re: Build this: Repulsion Field

I'd build this myself but frankly don't have the time right now. Here's the effects; I'll let you decide how to build it.

A field that repels any attack that could damage (i.e. hurt or cause pain) the originator. If the attack isn't powerful to actually connect with the originator of the field, the attack is reflected back at the attacker. This effect is constantly on until the originator decides to turn it off.

Okay, get to it! :bounce:

Hmm. Main effect here is reflecting an attack back at an attacker. You've got to start with reflection thus your stuck with ranged attacks, which probably makes sense given the special effects.

The reflection should be limited by 'only versus attacks that cause no BODY or STUN' - the limitation to be determined by the relation between average campaign attacks and the character's defences.

More complicated if you want it to include HtH...but I'd do that by using a damage shield with standard effect damage. If defences were 21PD the I'd use a 7D6 EB damage shield with a 21 standard effect, limited by 'only versus attacks that cause no BODY or STUN' and 'only causes the same damage as incoming attack'. It couldn't be more than 21 STUN but it could be less...

Doc

Ahh, this is fairly easy actually.

Just a 0 End Persistent force wall, no range, set shape of however many Def.

Add a triggered EB of variable effects that triggers when an attack is entirely stopped by the Force Wall.

If you want it to include Ego Blast, it gets a little tricker, having an extra force wall for Mental Defense Stun & Body Only and an Ego Blast with a similar trigger to the EB above....

"Distinctive Features: Leisure Suit & horrendous BO"?

Oh, that kind of repulsion. Right, then.

I'd go with Desolidification, 0 END Persistant; couple with Reflection (which I haven't used in a while so can't stat out).

The special effect is that the field "repels" the attack away from the person, and in some cases actually sends the attack back to the point of origin.

Note that this build doesn't affect mental attacks (because I think every defense should have some inherent weakness), nor will it stop attacks with the "Affects Desolid" advantage (because it could be rationalized that any attack that's phased properly could get through the repulsion field anyway).

If points don't matter, take 100% Damage Reduction on Physical, Energy and Mental attacks (for 120pts a pop, or a whopping 360 pts). Add Reflection again.

Lastly, if it's a plot device (as in, the villain has an invulnerable repulsion field around him for the purposes of the story), then don't stat it out at all and just hand wave it.

Here my attempt. It's a little costly...but hell, what's a Villian supposed to do with points, if not spend them on nasty devices? :eg:

Cost Power END
93 Force Field (30 PD/30 ED/20 Mental Defense/20 Power Defense/10 Flash Defense: Hearing Group/10 Flash Defense: Mental Group/10 Flash Defense: Radio Group/10 Flash Defense: Sight Group) (140 Active Points); OIF (Repulsor Device; -1/2) 14
28 Endurance Reserve (420 END, 7 REC) Reserve: (49 Active Points); OIF (Repulsor Device; -1/2), Linked (Force Field; -1/2) 0
63 Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), +15 with Missile Deflection, Missile Reflection, Uncontrolled (+1/2) (127 Active Points); Linked (Force Field; -1/2), OIF (Repulsor Device; -1/2) 0
73 Energy Blast 20d6, Trigger (Activating the Trigger requires a Zero Phase Action, Trigger resets automatically, immediately after it activates, Character does not control activation of personal Trigger; When Forcefield is Contacted; +1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (200 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), OIF (Repulsor Device; -1/2), Can only emit as many d6 Damage as it is struck by (-1/2), Linked (Force Field; -1/4) 0
Powers Cost: 257

I know it's a little "beefy"...but I think it may suffice. :thumbup:

Here my attempt. It's a little costly...but hell, what's a Villian supposed to do with points, if not spend them on nasty devices? :eg:

Well done for going to the effort of actually putting points in! :)

You're construct is missing the potential for the repulsor field to be overcome and the attack does damage. You could save some points there...

Well done for going to the effort of actually putting points in! :)

You're construct is missing the potential for the repulsor field to be overcome and the attack does damage. You could save some points there...

True Doc Democracy...but I went more for the true "repulsor field"...one that will eventually run out of power...and then leave the villian vulnerable. ;)