How many books pertaining to villains are there?

Badger

Re: How many books pertaining to villains are there?

If you're talking for 5E there is Conquerors, Killers & Crooks and Arcane Adversaries as villain books. Then there is the VIPER and DEMON organization books with have a fair number of villains. Finally there is the adventure Sharper Than A Serpent's Tooth which details all the villains in COIL.

Yeah, I was thinking 5E....sorry about not being specific. :angel:

I was just curious, as I may have a little freed up to spend on a couple of books, and just wanted to know. Course I am just looking at the screen and wondering...."Why the heck didnt I just click on Our Products and find out"? followed by "Badger you dumb@$$. Must have had a senior moment.

Thanks though.

For the completist there are also Omlevex and Guardians of Order put out Criminal Intent a guidebook to villains. It has some statted out bad guys in the Silver Age Sentinels system which is translatable if you have the Reality Storm crossover book. Reality Storm has some of the big and medium level villains from SaS' world in 5th ed. hero.

Well I had already decided to go with DEMON book because I definitely will be doing things with a DEMON splinter group. I had a previous question on that bit (though I am putting the cart before the horse :doi: ) And I am also seriously thinking on VIPER. I guess the Killers, Crooks, Conquerors (forgive me if I mixed those 3 words up, as I was typing from memory) is another I might go with ( I tend to like diverting to an unrelated in the story bad guy on occasion for a story or 2 (mainly to throw off the guys, but also it IMO gives it the right "feel" as a lot of cartoons and the like have a tendency to that bad guy wise). Course I want be starting in full (only have one PC right now for sure) for a while. Anyway, I have found previous threads praising and saying good things about DEMON. Is VIPER and the other one I just mentioned pretty good?

Course I am just looking at the screen and wondering...."Why the heck didnt I just click on Our Products and find out"? followed by "Badger you dumb@$$. Must have had a senior moment.

Well, being only 29, I wouldn't call you a senior, more like a junior. However, since your self-depreciating-realization comment was unique and high quality, I'd call it fresh, like mint condition, thus, it was a Junior Mint moment. :P

It's not that I couldn't resist, but that I didn't want to resist. :o

Well I had already decided to go with DEMON book because I definitely will be doing things with a DEMON splinter group. I had a previous question on that bit (though I am putting the cart before the horse :doi: ) And I am also seriously thinking on VIPER. I guess the Killers' date=' Crooks, Conquerors (forgive me if I mixed those 3 words up, as I was typing from memory) is another I might go with ( I tend to like diverting to an unrelated in the story bad guy on occasion for a story or 2 (mainly to throw off the guys, but also it IMO gives it the right "feel" as a lot of cartoons and the like have a tendency to that bad guy wise). Course I want be starting in full (only have one PC right now for sure) for a while. Anyway, I have found previous threads praising and saying good things about DEMON. Is VIPER and the other one I just mentioned pretty good?[/quote']

Conquerors, Killers And Crooks is the primary supervillain collection for Champions published to date. With nearly a hundred villains ranging from comical to terrifying, power levels from super-thug to world conqueror, solo villains and villain teams, frontline fighters and behind-the-scenes masterminds... well, if you can't find someone in here that you can use, IMHO you're not trying. ;)

VIPER: Coils Of The Serpent is perhaps the definitive guidebook and example for running a world-threatening criminal organization in a supers setting. It also includes history and background info for using it in other historical periods, and even as the protagonist in a campaign. You should note that the focus of the book is much less on the supervillains than the agent-level operatives and their resources, and the goals and operations of VIPER as a whole. The book details relatively few actual VIPER supervillains.

You might want to sample various reviews of these books via the Product Reviews section of the website. They'll provide you with details of what the books cover as well as quality assessments.