PBEM Submissions: NorCal Heroes!

Iuz the Evil

Re: PBEM Submissions: NorCal Heroes!

Think I've sent responses to everyone who has thus far given me a character for submission. I look forward to hearing from people, as this is intended to be a dynamic process... character creation being such a major part of the way the Hero System is implemented in play.

Just a reminder, please submit characters as either attached text or imbedded into the body of your e-mail. It's just easier for me to copy it and reformat so I can easily read it.

We are looking at being at or near the maximum number of players at this point if everyone remains interested following the review and negotiation of their character submissions. Depending on players dropping, which often happens right after a PBEM kicks off (people go "ooooh, here's my neat character idea" then "oh, I didn't really want to PLAY him" in some cases. Other times RL situations interfere, or they lose interest) we may have openings. I'll accept applications on an ongoing basis, and presently the final roster is fluid - so feel free to send me a character! Your unfamiliarity with Hero may be problematic, or it may not be.

I'm much more concerned with good character background than a specific build, but will have to refer you to board/game resources and suggest a full rewrite if I can't utilize what you've sent me at this point. I'm willing to help, but don't have time to build the PC for the players at this point (might have time to do this later in the PBEM if we're looking for replacements, but we're at "start up" now). I'm interested in most of the submissions I've recieved so far, virtually all required some degree of modification to "fit" with the campaign I'm conceptualizing. The more potent the character build, the more likely it is I'm going to have "concerns". Don't want to put someone in the position of being the campaign Worf/Superman, where I tend to have the villain pound them right off the bat to demonstrate their nigh-unstoppable might (and avoid being beaten to a bloody pulp by the megapowered-PC). Likewise I don't want anyone sitting on the sidelines going... "I'll stay over here, don't want to get in the way of you tough guys!". Trying for balance is an interesting dilemma given the diverse builds submitted, but I think it's looking pretty good so far.

Once again I will plug Enforcer84's "Hero A Day... sorta" thread. Lots and lots of great ideas, which will enhance just about any archetype submitted for play in the NorCal Heroes PBEM. If you're new to (or unfamiliar with) the Hero system, definitely check this out.

So' date=' Besides Black Widow, who is finalized in the games so far Luz?[/quote']

The "I" in Iuz is not a lower case "L". :winkgrin:

So far I'm looking at the following roster (some pending modifications or further discussion/development/rewrite), note that these are archetype slots which in many cases grossly oversimplify the character. I don't want to spoil someone's 'surprise' though, and the PCs won't necessarily know one another until the campaign starts.

Black Widow (martial artist w/ BFHGs)

Kronos (temporal speedster)

Sun Knight (flying brick)

Topos (mystic master)

Beetle Bot (nanotech metamorph)

Snowbolt (cryokinetic ice elementalist)

Those are just the finalized ones who I've tentatively (in some cases not so tentatively) approved for the campaign. There's another pending authorization/submission, and we'll probably end up with a roster of 7 heroes initially, as I don't want to go higher than that at this point. I feel confident that the greater Sacramento area is going to be pretty well protected.

NorCal Heroes Package:

Fringe Benefit (Local Police Powers)

KS: Known Superhuman Criminals

Watched by Local and National News Agencies, 11/less

Team Base Donation

Team Communicator

Is this a standard 0-point package that all the PCs get, or do they have to set aside certain points for it?

Is this a standard 0-point package that all the PCs get' date=' or do they have to set aside certain points for it?[/quote']

0 points for the package... GM discount (supplemented by "deux ex machina" points from the retiring Sonnenstern). Basically I wanted the 400 points to be focused on character development, the group is being assembled out of existing heroes in the region or who Sonnenstern has knowledge of from his own history. It's part of the backstory...

0 points for the package... GM discount (supplemented by "deux ex machina" points from the retiring Sonnenstern). Basically I wanted the 400 points to be focused on character development' date=' the group is being assembled out of existing heroes in the region or who Sonnenstern has knowledge of from his own history. It's part of the backstory...[/quote']

400 points? D'oh! I glazed over that part. I'll need to add another 50 points in on Scion. (But I'll wait for a review.)

Hmm... that gives me more potential, though. :)

Submissions are now closed. Thanks to all who applied.

Thanks again for everyone's interest!

Final roster of the NorCal Heroes is as follows:

Snowbolt (Ice Elementalist)

Beetle Bot (Nanotech Metamorph)

Topos (Mystic Master)

Kronos (Temporal Speedster)

Sun Knight (Flying Brick)

Battalion (Battlesuit wearing High-Tech Hero)

Black Widow (Martial Artist w/ BFHGs)