Two Weapon Fighting as SPFX

chariot

I'm building a character for a player who'sa Hero Newbie (and since buying 5th edition, I feel like one myself). We've got a very cinematic, almost Anime thing goin (think Equilibrium or The Matrix). His thing is his matched Desert Eagles.

I'm going with Double Tap and Quick Fire, thinking that his ability stems from beingable to fight two handed.

Since he's paying points for it, I'm thinking this is really just FX and not having to pay the points for Two Weapon Fighting, or anything to support that. Though I may throw in Ambidexterity.

Thoughts?

Re: Two Weapon Fighting as SPFX

Well, if he doesn't mind that it would only be with his "Special" pistols, then I wouldn't see much of a problem with it. But if you buy them as two separate powers you could just do it as a multi power attack. I have a similar character to that, although I did buy all of the two weapon modifiers as well, so that I could do the same thing with any other pistol as well as mine.

• 2 months later...

Yeah...several options....One, multiple power attack...Two, Two weapon fighting or Rapid attack or buy Auto fire :requires two weapons so he single shots or rapid attacks with one and autofires with two.....Three, Multi-power OIF; Guns of oppurtunity.......I remember posting one of these back in the old days under the heading of Street level champions, on the old boards...Four, big RKA, Reduced pen, Lim; 1/2 power if one gun missing, OIF; Multiple foci.....it's Hero so there are Plenty of ways to go...

This is off the top of my head , so the math might be wacky...

Multi ( 45 ) OIF; guns of opertunity

One tough cop,10,000 bullets! RKA 2D6 REnd>0

Two guns,one fool....RKA 1D6+1 Auto, REnd>0

Carnival of carnage! RKA 1D6+1 AE,Selective, Extra area, charges 16x

Perfect aim....RKA 1D6+1 AP, REnd>0

Thats gotta hurt!...RKA 1D6+1 +2 stun mod, REnd>0

Something like this is Real cool, and not Too far out. And not too expensive either......:)

I have a very simualr chracter to this He uses Old revolvers nomaly as a focus to fire telekenetic blasts. I have a single mulit power with many different types of shots, and went the two wepon fighting rout so I could fire at two different targets with two different powers from the single Multipower...hmm now that I say it I don't know if that is legal.

ahhh, Equilibrium.....

Personally, I would try to build a Martial Arts Style complete with maneuvers

ala Ultimate Martial Artist. Call it "Gun Kata" (with respect to Equilibrium), and be sure to take weapons elements into account (duh). If you have the time of course. Otherwise, I would use one of the aforementioned methods for the time being. But the Gun Kata thing is definately something to consider.

Maybe I should break out UMA...

Whatcha think?:eg:

I have a very simualr chracter to this He uses Old revolvers nomaly as a focus to fire telekenetic blasts. I have a single mulit power with many different types of shots' date=' and went the two wepon fighting rout so I could fire at two different targets with two different powers from the single Multipower...hmm now that I say it I don't know if that is legal.[/quote']

Based on what you're saying it don't Sound legal...make you multi one of two multis and your there but that would be Pricey....maybe buy Deadly blow for ranged attacks based on TK add in some Ranged MA's and Rapid fire and the like and you've Totally mutated your character!....Hmmm...sounded so good when I started.....now at the end.....Hmmm......

You can certainly do this - here's a character with exactly that sort of power:

http://www.geocities.com/markdoc.geo/Gaming_stuff/character_archive/Father_Azrael.html

It's a very old character (worked up in the very first version of Heromaker, IIRC). If I was doing it today, I'd call his weapons OIF (handgun of opportunity) so that he could do it with any gun he could lay his hands on. Since he's paying for the powers, ambidexterity, rapid-fire, etc is unnecessary.

cheers, Mark

Based on what you're saying it don't Sound legal...make you multi one of two multis and your there but that would be Pricey....maybe buy Deadly blow for ranged attacks based on TK add in some Ranged MA's and Rapid fire and the like and you've Totally mutated your character!....Hmmm...sounded so good when I started.....now at the end.....Hmmm......

Well is there any rule agenst sweeping or Rapid fireing a power? And to take it a step further can I rapid fire two different slots in a mulitpower?

Sorry for the slight hijack but this info may be helpfull of you also.

On a side note many of these builds make it dificult to fire at two different targets say on opisite sides of a room.

Well is there any rule agenst sweeping or Rapid fireing a power? And to take it a step further can I rapid fire two different slots in a mulitpower?

Sorry for the slight hijack but this info may be helpfull of you also.

On a side note many of these builds make it dificult to fire at two different targets say on opisite sides of a room.

I don't see why you couldn't Rapid fire or sweep...to use two slots you need a big enough reserve, and thats usually expensive...I guess I ought to look at the rules sometime...:)