Take my hand if you want to kick butt

SAW

I'm wondering how you folks would go about simulating the martial arts staple of two people fighting together, clasping hands and swinging/whipping each other into bad guys for extra velocity/damage?

Naturally this would require a teamwork roll, but I was thinking of adding 1/2 the "thrower's" STR to the damage of the "throwee's" attack.

So, what ya think?

SAW :slap:

Re: Take my hand if you want to kick butt

I'm wondering how you folks would go about simulating the martial arts staple of two people fighting together, clasping hands and swinging/whipping each other into bad guys for extra velocity/damage?

Naturally this would require a teamwork roll, but I was thinking of adding 1/2 the "thrower's" STR to the damage of the "throwee's" attack.

So, what ya think?

SAW :slap:

Fighting array that adds to the combatant's dex only for CV and to the str only for damage. The rest is just sfx.

Any number of things that can apply, and players can pick and choose from them in my games, or just buy it as a special maneuver if they want to be good at it.

The default for me is a limited version of the "fastball special" where one character throws another, and the one being thrown gets to add the velocity of the throw to his damage.

Take My Hand Fu

Cost** Power END
10** Take My Hand Fu: Multipower, 15-point reserve, (15 Active Points); all slots Limited Power Requires Sucessful Grab and Sufficient STR to Lift Second Person (-1/2)*
1u** 1) Can You Reach That For Me?: Stretching 3" (15 Active Points); Limited Power Requires Sucessful Grab and Sufficient STR to Lift Second Person (-1/2)* 1
1u** 2) Let Me Swing You Around: Area Of Effect (2" Radius; +1 1/4) (12 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Limited Power Requires Sucessful Grab and Sufficient STR to Lift Second Person (-1/2) applied to STR* 1
1u** 3) Let's Combine Our Strength: +15 STR (15 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Limited Power Requires Sucessful Grab and Sufficient STR to Lift Second Person (-1/2)* 1
1u** 4) Second Pair of Eyes: Defense Maneuver I (3 Active Points); Limited Power Requires Sucessful Grab and Sufficient STR to Lift Second Person (-1/2) *
1u** 5) Second Pair of Hands: Extra Limbs (2) (5 Active Points); Limited Power Requires Sucessful Grab and Sufficient STR to Lift Second Person (-1/2)* 0

Re: Take My Hand Fu

Cost** Power END
10** Take My Hand Fu: Multipower' date=' 15-point reserve, (15 Active Points); all slots Limited Power Requires Sucessful Grab and Sufficient STR to Lift Second Person (-1/2)*
1u** 1) Can You Reach That For Me?: Stretching 3" (15 Active Points); Limited Power Requires Sucessful Grab and Sufficient STR to Lift Second Person (-1/2)* 1
1u** 2) Let Me Swing You Around: Area Of Effect (2" Radius; +1 1/4) (12 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Limited Power Requires Sucessful Grab and Sufficient STR to Lift Second Person (-1/2) applied to STR* 1
1u** 3) Let's Combine Our Strength: +15 STR (15 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Limited Power Requires Sucessful Grab and Sufficient STR to Lift Second Person (-1/2)* 1
1u** 4) Second Pair of Eyes: Defense Maneuver I (3 Active Points); Limited Power Requires Sucessful Grab and Sufficient STR to Lift Second Person (-1/2) *
1u** 5) Second Pair of Hands: Extra Limbs (2) (5 Active Points); Limited Power Requires Sucessful Grab and Sufficient STR to Lift Second Person (-1/2)* 0
[/quote']

Dude....

I am SO sorry, but I've gotta rep you for that.

No hard feelings?

Without trying to compete with CourtFool's excellent multipower, you can just buy (UBO simultaneously) for two characters' strength and dex, limited so that they have to be within 1 hex of each other and only applying to each other. Quite cheap, quite devastating: double your effective STR and DEX when fighting together. Nasty.

Without trying to compete with CourtFool's excellent multipower' date=' you can just buy (UBO simultaneously) for two characters' strength and dex, limited so that they have to be within 1 hex of each other and only applying to each other. Quite cheap, quite devastating: double your effective STR and DEX when fighting together. Nasty.[/quote']

DAMN! I'd send rep, but you are apparently too deserving.

Take my hand if you want to kick, but are afraid

Without trying to compete with CourtFool's excellent multipower' date=' you can just buy (UBO simultaneously) for two characters' strength and dex, limited so that they have to be within 1 hex of each other and only applying to each other.[/quote']

Healthy competition is good. Me likey.

Without trying to compete with CourtFool's excellent multipower' date=' you can just buy (UBO simultaneously) for two characters' strength and dex, limited so that they have to be within 1 hex of each other and only applying to each other. Quite cheap, quite devastating: double your effective STR and DEX when fighting together. Nasty.[/quote']

That could get ugly fast! Balance issues asside (damn, I should have my entire hero team rewrite there characters with this... :eg: ), I'm not sure if this would accurately describe the ability. The skill to "fling your partner round 'n round" usually lies in the fliger, not the flingee.