Acroyear

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Morningstar70

How about it's throwing enchantment?

This one?

"Causes the hammer to return to the exact spot from which it is thrown after striking its target. "

:confused: I fail to see how it's even a factor. Please elaborate on this idea.

Originally posted by Morningstar

The argument about Superman being too fast is lame since Thor has never had a problem hitting ultra fast beings. It doesn't get faster than the Silver Surfer, and Thor had no trouble pounding him unconcious in there last fight.

Surfer has superfast A to B movement. He does not have classic superfast ambulatory actions like Superman or the Flash. That's a considerable difference, imo. (unless, of course, Surfer has changed... I mean, even the Thing can land punches on him fairly easily, and I'd hardly call him extraordinarily nimble).

Surfer has superfast A to B movement. He does not have classic superfast ambulatory actions like Superman or the Flash. That's a considerable difference, imo. (unless, of course, Surfer has changed... I mean, even the Thing can land punches on him fairly easily, and I'd hardly call him extraordinarily nimble).

Oh man! I thought we had laid the Thor'Superman part of this to rest and moved on to how to stat Cap and what Dex constitutes superhuman!. :)

Seriously though SS is about the hardest person to hit in comics. His speed is insane and he doesn't need to get close to you to smack you. He does his damage with cosmic blasts circling and dodging you even though he does have class 100 strength if you do get close. The only reason the Thing would touch him is if SS got close because he can't really be hurt by him anyway. WAY WAY back, Silver surfer wasn't as physically tough and was even knocked out by Spiderman but they have raised him high enough up the charts for Wizard to call him number 1 on ther top ten toughest article. I think it was Wizard #77? I have and can verify the number if anyone wants to look it up.

Originally posted by Gary

A (SPD) 6 vs a 4 will easily if the 2 characters are otherwise equal. Let's suppose you do your blocking thang. I attack on 2 with all levels in OCV, you abort 3 and put all your levels in OCV to block and succeed. Fine, but now you have a DCV of only 10 (8 base plus 2 for martial block). I attack again on 4, and you abort 6 to block again. You're DCV is a mere 10, (8 base and 2 from martial block). It'd be trivial for me to throw the shield and smack you against such a low DCV. I could probably even call a shot to the head. Blocks don't work vs ranged attacks.

Repeat as often as necessary. And if you don't choose to block, I'll just smack you directly and abort to block or dodge myself against any counterattack.

-Rewind-

At seg2, yours attack at max w. (13+4+5= )22 OCV. Mine cancels his 3 and blocks with OCV (8+4+16+2=) 30. I have exellent chances. I also blocks your attack at 4 with the same seg3 block OCV (30-2=) 28. I have very good chance. I win the Initiative at seg6.

There, I put everything into OCV, resulting in (8+4+16=) 28. You cancel to dodge (13+5+5=)DCV 23, or block (13+4+5+2=)DCV/OCV 24. Things are looking good for my "Cap", I fear. 15- I hit.

Have I missed something?

(Edit; this is an exchange I adore, but I really do feel it's in the wrong thread; To those interested, please continue it in the "Are you engaged in the DEX race?" thread. Thanks.)

Re: Re: The NCM Debate

Originally posted by Nucleon

So, is there a NCM Disavantage in your campaign, and if there is, what does it worth?

Yes, the NCM is there, and worth 20 points. Only thing is, no one in my gaming groups wants to come anywhere near the fool thing! I use the 20-30 benchmarks as a guildeline (but not a strait-jacket) on character concept. You want a DEX above 20? Why? Simply being a mutant energy-projector isn;t a good enough reason. Want a DEX in the high 20s? This is fine if you're a martial artist or speedster type. Want DEX over 30? Not gonna happen unless that kind of DEX is as important to the character concept as STR over 30 is to a brick.

P.S. Go Superman!

Originally posted by Nucleon

-Rewind-

At seg2, yours attack at max w. (13+4+5= )22 OCV. Mine cancels his 3 and blocks with OCV (8+4+16+2=) 30. I have exellent chances. I also blocks your attack at 4 with the same seg3 block OCV (30-2=) 28. I have very good chance. I win the Initiative at seg6.

There, I put everything into OCV, resulting in (8+4+16=) 28. You cancel to dodge (13+5+5=)DCV 23, or block (13+4+5+2=)DCV/OCV 24. Things are looking good for my "Cap", I fear. 15- I hit.

Have I missed something?

(Edit; this is an exchange I adore, but I really do feel it's in the wrong thread; To those interested, please continue it in the "Are you engaged in the DEX race?" thread. Thanks.)

Yes you missed something. You chose to accept NCM, so you're paying more points for str, con, pd, and ed. Thus you don't have the 6 extra levels that you're counting on.

You're also automatically assuming a normal strike with no OCV bonus. I could easily do something like sacrifice throw with +2 OCV and both fall down, or sacrifice strike with +1 OCV and +4 DC. With my +2 spd, I can easily take advantage of you on the ground, and you can't do the same to me.

So my OCV is 13+4+5+2=24 and your OCV is 8+4+10+2=24. Since your DCV is a pitiful 10, I can easily call a head shot. If you miss your 11- block, you're toast.

You also cannot block my 4 action with your 3 action. It's after 3, so you would have to burn your 6 action to abort. Even if you succeed in your block, that gives me a free 6 action, which I will throw the shield at your pitiful DCV of 5 or 10, again to the head. You never get an attack back against me without getting smacked a couple of times first.