Roll the dice once - worth anything?

Here's the sitch - a pair (or even a triad) of linked powers, with the same number of dice. In this case, I'm thinking Drain and Aid (yeah, I know technically transfer is the power to use, bear with me). If the powers are rigged so that you can't Aid more than you Drain (or vice versa, I suppose), would you bother with making that a limitation? Since you could simply roll the same dice for it?

Also, if you had powers of differing dice totals (10d6 EB and a 4d6 Flash, forex), would you allow the dice to be rolled together? And by together I mean six red dice and four white ones, with the white representing the Flash?

I realise this may sound like "Why is he even thinking this is odd?" but I was reading an old thread, and it occured to me that rolling Linked attack dice as one set would make more sense.

Re: Roll the dice once - worth anything?

I don't see anything wrong with it. I think you just need to make sure the player accepts the results for both powers. He could roll really, really well for both. Or the 4 dice could roll really, really crappy for the one power.

It would save time. Maybe give the character a -1/4 or -1/2 lim for it. Just as something to seal the deal because I think some players wouldn't go for it.

I don't see this as an advantage or a limitation, but I'd certainly allow either approach. When you roll well, you get a good result for both. When you roll poorly, you'll get a bad result for both. Over time, your average results will be unchanged.

This is how we used to do the "Stun Lottery" when we were new to the game. Now I just use flat numbers X2 Stun by default, as it encurages players to take more "Normal Attack" dice. There was a time when useing the stun lottery that we all realised that it Always made since to put the same number of points in a RKA than an EB.

I would go with "Roll Once (-0)"

That's what I thought. It didn't make sense for there to be a character point savings for what is, in essence, a speed-up-the-game element.

Thanks for confirming it for me, guys.