[Campaign] Champions of Vancouver

TheQuestionMan

Re: [Campaign] Champions of Vancouver

Just a quick note - this one's a PRE drain' date=' not Body. Mister Noir uses Forbidden magic, not the full-blown evil stuff ;) . [/quote']

Oops me bad GM ;)

- looks like his disads didn't make it in' date=' either. Here they are: [/quote']

Yeah strange thing about that I could not find then anywhere on the character sheet you gave me. I am feeling much better now.

Thanks

QM

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah strange thing about that I could not find then anywhere on the character sheet you gave me. I am feeling much better now.

They're actually on a separate tabbed worksheet on that spreadsheet. Sorry 'bout that, I just use that spreadsheet so I don't have to add.

FUn game this week; To our illustrious GM's surprise (And mine, being a bit out of touch with the CHampions Universe), we managed to do a fair job reducing the ranks of the Crowns of...whatever. Dark Seraph is left, wandering about.

The problem is, Dark Seraph is out there, wandering about, madder than anything. I smell a recurring nemesis.

The triple 6's paid a visit to that unworthy, which no doubt spared the team a good bit of hurting.

The new Guy, Wind Surfer(?) had a nice turn seeing me eat a Body Drain, then going Enraged, pulling off -two- NCM ram attacks. What was that, a final move of 60"? With the second one pushed for more damage. Ouch.

Sadly, third time was not the charm; A failed 'Death from Above' attack missed, allowing the erstwhile airbender to auger into the sandy shores of Laka Okanagan [sic]. Whereupon DS took both him and me out with an Explosive EB. Flicker managed to draw him away while we were pulled to safety.

Good bit: On recovering, we were greeted with the sight of several of the locals keeping one of the bad guys (Temblor?) subdued. With a baseball bat. I love Canada:)

On getting back, we found that the timeline had been messed with, and Flicker found that his secret ID was now another person. Who was now trying to integrate 2 sets of memories, and ressurect his alternate ID. I hate you, Marvel Comics ;-)

And, with the close of that session, we bid farewell to Flicker's player; Hope the new digs work out for you!

Pyre-Archer

-Not sure what the forum rules on real name use are, so I'll play it safe.

Champions of Vancouver - Episode 21: "The Midnight Angel betrayed and the fall of the Crowns of Krim"

Cast of Characters:

Blitz - Speedster/Martial Artist (Current Team Leader?)

Flicker - Temporal Nanite Teleporter/Martial Artist w/Nanite Weapons

Archangel - Incarnation of the Archangel Gabriel, Patron Saint of Communications.

Mr. Noir - Absent Mystic Occult Hero

Pyre Archer - Pyrokinetic Winged Archer

Windsurfer - Mutant Wind Manipulator

Antagonists:

Dark Seraph - Bearer of the Iron Crown

Temblor - Bearer of the Earth Crown

Entropy - Newest Crown of Krim, bearer of the "Orichalum Crown"

Lake Okanogan, the beach

Mount Garibaldi Base

The Story Continues... (Summary Only)

The Champions of Vancouver enjoy a brief respite and return to their hidden base in Mount Garibaldi. Flicker sense vibrations in the Temporal Field. Entropy's Wand again is the focus of it. As they get closer to the Vault they see after images superimposed over their own reality.

Pyre Archer uses his True Sight, but learns nothing. Flicker finds the Wand floating free in the center of the room and can sense the Tachyon Vibrations. When he grabs the wand his senses are overloaded by visions of the Time Lords (his Patrons). They are being attacked by the Crowns of Krim and aided by Entropy who wears an Orichulum Crown that has augmented his Temporal Powers above those of the Time Lords. They are being slaughtered, soon all that remains are corpses scattered across the ruins of their once magnificent civilization.

Flicker returns to his senses and hears the Emergency Alarm Call. The RCMP has broadcast a request for Superhuman assistance in Kelwona on Lake Okanogan. The remaining Crowns of Krim have been seen preparing a ritual of some kind and several civilians are already dead. The Media is on scene (much to Flickers relief).

He pockets Entropy's Wand, then places his had on Pyre Archer's shoulder, and Teleports to the scene. Archangel, Blitz, and Mr. Noir travel by their own means and arrive moments later.

Meanwhile the Champions of Vancouver including Orion, Cluster, Windsurfer, and Bengal fight a losing battle against the Crowns of Krim. Entropy turns Bengal into a old man. Just when things looks darkest rest of the Champions of Vancouver arrive. First to arrive are Flicker and Pyre Archer then Archangel, Blitz, and Mr. Noir, but then something happens.

Windsurfer sees Entropy pulse with incredible energy and sees Archangel, Blitz, and Mr. Noir vanish from reality.

Flicker feels the Temporal Quake shutter through reality as Archangel, Blitz, Mr. Noir, and Bengal are erased from this time line. Along with Blood Stone, Eclipse, Phoenix, and Force. Who is that superhero surfing the winds?

Dark Seraph commands Entropy to finish it and make him Lord of Hell on Earth.

"Not now Dark Seraph, not ever" - shouts Pyre Archer.

Windsurfer sees Pyre Archer and Flicker attack the remaining Crowns of Krim and joins his friends in what could be their final battle.

The skies turn red and black clouds cover the horizon, The scent of fire and brimstone choke the air, and rocky spires rise ominously from the earth to form a diabolical cathedral.

Flicker engages Temblor in hand to hand, while Windsurfer attacks with the wind. Pyre Archer focuses his flaming arrows on Entropy, They all fear Dark Seraph.

The battle rages back and forth. A few brave RCMP Officer die by Dark Seraph's Lightning and the skies darken even more. Entropy seems to be avoiding battle and focusing on transforming earth into Dark Seraph's realm.

Windsurfer becomes enraged by Dark Seraph's murder of the RCMP Officer and repeatedly charges him using the full force of his attacks (Move Throughs). He knocks Dark Seraph back again and again, but only seems to anoy him.

Temblor is to first to fall beneath the Claws of Flicker. The world shivers when Prye Archer's Flaming Arrows strikes Entropy.

Entropy recovers himself, looks around, and then smiles. "Good bye fools and you Dark Seraph the greatest fool of them all". And fades from sight.

Dark Seraph's rage is terrifying to witness and a Lightning Blast knocks out Pyre Archer and Windsurfer. Flicker faces him alone. Realizing the folly of it. He taunts the Midnight Angel and leads him on a merry chase. In his rage he gives chase, until Flicker ,exhausted finally loses him.

By then Pyre Archer and Windsurfer recover consciousness. Time is healing itself and they see their world returning to some semblance of normal. When Windsurfer start talking to Pyre Archer like he has known him for years Pyre archer is confused. He has never even heard of Windsurfer much less met him before.

The same goes for Flicker upon his return. Confused they secure Temblor and Flicker teleports quickly to The Orders secret vault and places the Earth Crown in a safe place. When he returns he feels the vibrations like a tuning for as Time restores itself.

Windsurfer seems to believe that he has been a member of the Champions of Vancouver for some time and even knows where their base is. They finally decide to return to their base. Entropy's Wand is slag once more and he returns it to the base vault.

Pyre Archer gets a little paranoid and checks to make sure his life still exists in this new time line. He and Windsurfer discover nothing changed save no one has ever heard of Windsurfer until today.

Flicker's life is a different matter. Max Escher exists, but his office and case load do not. Also in this time line he did not die in the explosion and is a detective with the VPD. His contacts remember him, but say he is acting differently. Every attempt to contact his Patron the Time Lords fails. What has happened?

Finally as the sun sets and the heroes bask in the last rays of the dying light they see Archangel, Flicker, and Mr. Noir materialize from nowhere. They are there for a meeting about VIPER and do not recall anything about the Battle with the Crowns of Krim or know who Windsurfer is.

Tune in next week Herophiles for Episode 22 of Champions of Vancouver.

Loose Threads:

1. Dark Seraph is free and seeking revenge on those pitiful mortals who dared defy the Crowns of Krim. There will be Hell To Pay. :lol:

2. The Crowns of Krim save Dark Seraph have all been captured, imprisoned, and their Crowns secured by The Order. :evilgrin:

3. What will VIPER do now that the Crowns of Krim are no longer an obsticle? :evilgrin:

The Good:

The PC's really surprised me. They took down Temblor and Windsurfer actually kept Dark Seraph from the fight using constant Move Throughs ;) . Finally got to meet and game with CrankyBuffalo (aka Windsurfer). Flicker's leading Dark Seraph on a wild goose chase was fantastic. IMOHO.

The Bad:

Nothing bad really, except Blitz, Archangel, Titan, and Chance were not able to make it. Good thing I have had so much practice improviing of later. Unpredictable PCs make like "INTERESTING"

The Ugly:

Nothing again really other than PC's not being able to attend. Oh and this was Micronaut-6's (aka Flickers) last session. He has moved to Chilliwack to be closer to work. We are going to miss him. Both in this Campaign and in my other Friday Night Campaign.

Sigh... need more writing practice and GM notes during game. Oi Vey!

QM

Sounds like you guys had a blast' date=' hope it continues on next adventure![/quote']

Well, if you count 'blast' as being on the receiving end of several multi-d6 Explosive energy blasts...:D

Hoping the fun continues, too. Just debating on how long I should hold onto the XP I've got to date. Buy off a disad, new power, or wait for the Contaminated Radiator Waste Accident That Gives me Brand Spanking New Powers.

Or something like that. I will say that Power Defense is looking very attractive right now. Mind, so is a lot of stuff, I'm re-discovering a lot of things I've forgotten about HERO. Like the wonders of Aborting to a Dodge.

No Session today.

Micronaut_6 (aka Flicker) Has Moved Away

sxbaxter (aka Mr.Noir) Work Schedule has changed.

CrankyBuffalo (aka WinderSurfer) Is at conference.

Amabushi (aka Blitz) Is at his Girlfriend's mother's birthday party.

Evil Steve (aka Lucky) Has work.

KiwiOfDoom (aka Titan), Prye Archer (aka Prye Archer) & radioCHAOS (aka Archangel) Could make, but I canceled. Hunting down Dark Seraph by themselves is not wise.

*Sighs*

QM

KiwiOfDoom (aka Titan), Prye Archer (aka Prye Archer) & radioCHAOS (aka Archangel) Could make, but I canceled. Hunting down Dark Seraph by themselves is not wise.

I think the three of us could have taken down Dark Seraph. As long as no one else was on his side of course. ;)

What makes you think the Midnight Angel is going to fall to you foolish mortal. You are ants to be crushed by an uncaring Celestial Being. And you Archangel will suffer most. By becoming that which you hate most. Then you faithfully serve ME!

MUHHUHWAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!

QM

We defeated you in our first encounter, demon. The power of the light and the way of the one true Lord shall overcome your pathetic attempts at godhood.

A true angel has arrived and I will not be denied justice, even if I have to bring the full power of my vengeance down upon you.

Run evil one, run and hide like your kind is wont to do. It will not help you, I am coming for you and the power of God is with me.

Prepare to meet thy maker Midnight Angel.

I think the three of us could have taken down Dark Seraph. As long as no one else was on his side of course. ;)

You realize that that's practically begging the GM to have Dark Seraph show up with Mechanon-Linux (Or XP), Stormwatch, and whatever passes for The Mighty Thor in the Champs of Vancouver 'verse.

Thought it might be worth it, just to hear the GM try to talk pseudo-Shakesperian...

Methinks a certain angelic avatar is getting overconfident. Flicker had very good reasons, once he found himself facing Dark Seraph alone, not to continue fighting. I may not know the HERO system very well, but I have been gaming long enough to know when I'm out-classed, and should resort to Sir Robin's tactics...

Having said that, I will probably soon read about Gabriel personally rolling a crit success against the Midnight Angel, and taking him down. Well, at least I won't be there to never hear the end of it. But if the thought of QM doing Shakespeare makes you cringe, pray that you never hear his version of a Chinese accent. It's truly painful.

Finally, it was a great session to end Flicker's career as a PC with! CrankyBuffalo [i want to hear the story behind that name someday] played his new character with style, right up to unconciousness. If that's a foretaste of what the rest of the group can do, the campaign should fare very well. I'll be lurking around, so I sincerely hope that the good bits continue to get posted here. Good luck.

Ave atque vale.

M.

Oh, I don't know that it's all that overconfident. Trash-talking is a fine old tradition, from the eldest days of heroing to the dizzying heights of professional wrestling.

As long as he doesn't start screaming "Whatcha gonna do when Angel-mania runs wild on you?" and ripping his shirt off. Then I'd start worrying.

And for some odd reason, I can almost hear QM doing a Chinese accent. Which might mean that I'm asking for it. Or I'll just get a Marvel-esque second origin for my troubles. That's always good punishment for someone too full of themselves.

--

Pyre Archer

-'Whaddaya mean I'm a cross between an Atlantean and an alien sorceror?'

I'll be lurking around, so I sincerely hope that the good bits continue to get posted here. Good luck.

Ave atque vale.

M.

Alas, poor Flicker, I knew him, Horatio...

I am saddened that Gabriel wasn't around to see Flicker's final foray, and shall miss gaming with you Markus.

As for the Angel getting overconfident... you must realize that one of his disads is a psych lim... "Believes he is sanctioned by God." ;)

I'm sure it won't be an easy match, and by far Gabriel is outgunned, no doubt, but being able to do double damage against him will certainly help sway things in my direction. Besides, being the underdog means that 'the force is with me' and soon that crit will be reality.

Oh, I don't know that it's all that overconfident. Trash-talking is a fine old tradition, from the eldest days of heroing to the dizzying heights of professional wrestling.

As long as he doesn't start screaming "Whatcha gonna do when Angel-mania runs wild on you?" and ripping his shirt off. Then I'd start worrying.

lol, well I'm sure there'll be none of that from Gabriel, but yeah, trash talking is a necessary and fun part of the game. We'll just have to see whether Gabriel can back his words or not. He means to anyhow.

And for some odd reason' date=' I can almost hear QM doing a Chinese accent. Which might mean that I'm asking for it. Or I'll just get a Marvel-esque second origin for my troubles. That's always good punishment for someone too full of themselves.[/quote']

Careful what you wish for, you may just get a Woo Ping, *ahem* whooping.

Careful what you wish for, you may just get a Woo Ping, *ahem* whooping.

:ugly: Meanie.

Okay, so it looks like we're doing a Dark Seraph hunt next. Well, my character is into the occult and mysteries of magick and the arcane, so he should be happy enough.

I just hope I don't pull an Anakin....But that crown is so shiny....

And what will Archangel Gabriel do if he discovers that "THE Crowns" are the metaphysical representation of Halos of Fallen Angels?

LOL

QM

Don't know about Gabriel, but that would open up the floodgates of religious debate, yes? Proof that angels do exist to the whole world?

I can't help but visualize a battle where we're trying to keep someone from taking the Crowns to benefit their own extremist religious agenda. Satanic cults, doomsday religions, failed saints/angels/cardinals/etc., atheists, ...

Great. A recurring plot hook. Or Yellow Luck token bait. Your choice.

Pyre-Archer

And what will Archangel Gabriel do if he discovers that "THE Crowns" are the metaphysical representation of Halos of Fallen Angels?

LOL

QM

Then it's time to gather all of them and then buy that EDM back to Heaven. You know, return them to the rightful owner, the big 'G.' And I don't mean Gabriel. ;)

Don't know about Gabriel' date=' but that would open up the floodgates of religious debate, yes? Proof that angels do exist to the whole world?[/quote']

In a world where Superhumans are commonplace, I don't see it as too much of a big deal really.

I can't help but visualize a battle where we're trying to keep someone from taking the Crowns to benefit their own extremist religious agenda. Satanic cults, doomsday religions, failed saints/angels/cardinals/etc., atheists, ...

Great. A recurring plot hook. Or Yellow Luck token bait. Your choice.

Pyre-Archer

Don't give the QM ideas!!!

Well seriously, there are lots of people/supers/whoever who would like to get their hands on one of those Crowns. Powerful they are.

lol' date=' well I'm sure there'll be none of that from Gabriel, but yeah, trash talking is a necessary and fun part of the game. We'll just have to see whether Gabriel can back his words or not. He means to anyhow.[/quote']

Trash talk? I thought it was called "witty banter" in a classic Champions campaign. Either way, it seems I handicapped myself more than I knew, in making Flicker mute when his armor was extruded. Still, one can say a lot with the right gesture at the right time. Just remember that dodging is not an act of cowardice, angel. And thanks for the good wishes.

At this rate all my players are going to need therapy.

As opposed to the one or two players who need therapy now, QM? The PCs, on the other hand, I can see developing a dependance on sedatives as more weird stuff goes down and the stakes go up. But in a well-run superhuman universe, one expects nothing else. If we really wanted to get bent, we would have started a Paranoia campaign.

M.

Trash talk? I thought it was called "witty banter" in a classic Champions campaign.

True enough ;)

Either way' date=' it seems I handicapped myself more than I knew, in making Flicker mute when his armor was extruded. Still, one can say a lot with the right gesture at the right time. [/quote']

Yeah, the mute problem was, well, a problem, at times. You managed it well though, and I'm sure it was more than a little unnerving for many of the NPCs in the campaign...

Just remember that dodging is not an act of cowardice' date=' angel. And thanks for the good wishes.[/quote']

Oh I will assuredly remember that... 18D6 Explosion is not my friend.

You have only my best wishes, friend. Now when are you going to get your butt down here for a full night of games???