PRIMUS and Teenage Boys

Herolover

Okay...its not what you think. :)

I got a question that has come up in my campaign.

Teen PC is 14-15 years old. His history goes like this....

Parents were members of VIPER (scientist). They were exposed to something that mutated their baby and he had powers. VIPER planned on controlling and manipulatiing the baby so the parents ran away.

13 years and many moves later the parents are found by VIPER and make a run for PRIMUS. Mother and Dad are killed leaving 14 year old boy with PRIMUS. This happened 3 months ago.

PRIMUS knows that his parents were members of VIPER.

PRIMUS knows that VIPER would like to get a hold of him, but now how badly.

PRIMUS has moved the boy to a large city were there is little PRIMUS presence. The idea is that keep it quiet and VIPER will not be able to find him.

Now, my question. The boy has started going out and adventuring on his own (PRIMUS does not know).

What will PRIMUS do with the boy?

What will PRIMUS do when they find out he is being a solo hero?

What excuse can I use to have PRIMUS allow this 14-15 year old boy to go out being a "solo hero?" (Note: I do have a well respected hero that PRIMUS likes he could team up with.)

Re: PRIMUS and Teenage Boys

My first thought is that the boys foster parents PRIMUS put the boy with would be undercover PRIMUS agents; perhaps retired but now working for PRIMUS in this capacity. Of course the "dark" PRIMUS would keep the boy with other young superhumans they are testing and training. :)

I would think if PRIMUS went to all the trouble to hide the boy they wouldn't want him adventuring. That will only draw attention to the boy, and that will eventually bring him to the attention of VIPER. I would think that PRIMUS would order the boy to stop doing what he's doing.

An interesting option might be to have the foster parents covering for him. Maybe one, or both of them, was saved by a superhero in the past and they strongly believe in what the boy was doing. Maybe one of them is the child of a superhero and sees something of their father/mother in the boy and his actions. That would make for some interesting role-playing with the foster parents who are lying to the superiors and make for some fun role-playing with the character as he needs to get home before the PRIMUS inspection. The foster parents would also be a good source for information and plot seeds.

PRIMUS grabs the youth, takes him to one of their many shadow ops HQs, and implants him with cerebral cybernetic modifications effectively lobotomizing his free will. Then they implant him with triggered nanotech viral weapons, set to a mnemonic trigger which will activate the bioweaponry when he comes into contact with a sufficiently large number of VIPER higher ups.

They modify his memory to prevent any recollection of these events, then stand back wringing their hands and bemoaning how unfair fate is that this splendid youth would risk his life...

Just a thought :eg:

Now, my question. The boy has started going out and adventuring on his own (PRIMUS does not know).

What will PRIMUS do with the boy?

Train him. That's a future PRIMUS sponsored super hero in the making there. Of course, they don't know he's moonlighting and putting his training to work already. It's like Weapon X meets Boy Scouts of America! :)

And, of course, he'll need a regular education. I can see him going to Public School with a new name etc, just like any other Witness protection program, with an Agent assigned to play his 'aunt' or 'uncle' (And later, true to form, said agent who first hated the idea will grow incredibly fond/attached to the lad like he was "my very own" etc etc )

What will PRIMUS do when they find out he is being a solo hero?

That depends on his success ratio so far, and if they can contain him without unreasonable methods. If the boy is a teleporter and you have decided PRIMUS doesn't have anti Teleportation Tech, well, not much they can do without drugging the kid 24/7 or some such. :(

They might indeed see if that hero needs a sidekick.

"Of course, should you get the kid killed, the US govt will deny any foreknowledge of this... nothing personal" :D

Thanks for all the ideas. They were really great. Sometimes I get to realistic and in situations like this, where a teenage boy is adventuring for a law enforcement group, I need help.

I had already decided that PRIMUS has moved to have him "adopted" by "foster parents." Of course the foster parents are PRIMUS agents and I really like the idea that they are helping him go out and be a hero while official PRIMUS does not know.

Hmmm... I gotta go with the 'less kind, less friendly PRIMUS'.

Just another facet of the War on Terror, PRIMUS holding the line against all those that threaten the peace of this great nation... pre-emptively. :winkgrin:

Better watch myself, or I'll launch into another verse of the Team America: World Police theme song.

Hmmm... I gotta go with the 'less kind, less friendly PRIMUS'.

Just another facet of the War on Terror, PRIMUS holding the line against all those that threaten the peace of this great nation... pre-emptively. :winkgrin:

Better watch myself, or I'll launch into another verse of the Team America: World Police theme song.

Well, I mean, really, who are you going to turn to, UNTIL? Pfft... that food for mutants program was a scandal...

;)

I'd recommend Ultimate Spiderman for a twist on this idea. In USM, Nick Fury knows Pete's Spidey ... and in one issue, he basically tells him that when he reaches 18, he belongs to SHIELD ;)

Basically, have him work with "Uncle" Sam and "Aunt" Sandy, knowing that someday, Primus will be recruiting him ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I mean, really, who are you going to turn to, UNTIL? Pfft... that food for mutants program was a scandal...

;)

Come now ! You know that UNTIL means well, and if you American supers would lend a bit of support now and then instead of dashing off and insisting on doing things your own way all the time i'm sure that we can solve most of the worlds criminal problems !