I have 100 arms... I can:

largosama

Sometime during my super-hero campaign, my players will be facing off against a guy with 100 arms. The size of his body will be big enough to accommodate this many arms (they are running down each side of his torso). He is going to be of the master villain variety (weapons master/dark magic-user type) with the popular villain intent of destroying all life and he's had a lot of time to plan this one out. What kind of powers would you would advise I take just based on the fact he has 100 arms. How about combat tactics.

Basically, how do I simulate powers-wise the fact that he's shooting energy blasts out of 100 arms, or beating the snot out of somebody with dozens of punches... Is it just a really huge autofire advantage or something more?

Re: I have 100 arms... I can:

Buy him an attack power via an OAF gun with charges, something like:

15d6 EB (laser) OAF (-1) 16 Charges (-0) 75 Active 37 Real

Use the optional "+5 points = x2 pieces of equipment rule"; +30 points = 64 copies of the gun.

Use the Multiple Power Attack manuever to let him shoot all of those 64 guns at once. Granted, they've all got to be aimed at one target, but...

Is he truly multidexterous? Or even dexterous enough so that he has "handedness" for only say 6-12 limbs?

For me it would be AE Radius selective no range for STR (all hexes around him) as well as some other minor powers.

I would seriously suggest running away from Dr. A's suggestion though, while legal in most circles something clearly got into his raktaginno today.

Hawksmoor

keep a supply of arrows, rocks or blades handy, he can fusillade with

some hands while others do magic, for example.

have a high speed like 8: he only runs on 4 phases, but can shoot or cast

on 4 more in between

entangle damage shield: anyone stupid enough to engage close by

is grappled by a dozen spare hands.

an opening salvo could be (assuming eight heros) an autofire 12

of hurled objects at each player.

at least 65 STR. at least.

Is he truly multidexterous? Or even dexterous enough so that he has "handedness" for only say 6-12 limbs?

Good question, but he is truly multidexterous so all arms will be available to use... thousands of years of motivation and rage enabled him to train all of the arms

I would seriously suggest running away from Dr. A's suggestion though' date=' while legal in most circles something clearly got into his raktaginno today.[/quote']

You mean "raktagino"? ;)

Seriously, while I'd never allow any character -- hero or villian -- in a campaign I was running to use that kind of attack (64 x 15d6 EB at once), when I saw this:

...with the popular villain intent of destroying all life and he's had a lot of time to plan this one out.

...I couldn't help but think that a guy with a 100 arms and that attitude would be a prime candidate to try something like the x64 blasters. :)

You mean "raktagino"? ;)

Seriously, while I'd never allow any character -- hero or villian -- in a campaign I was running to use that kind of attack (64 x 15d6 EB at once), when I saw this:

...I couldn't help but think that a guy with a 100 arms and that attitude would be a prime candidate to try something like the x64 blasters. :)

No matter what the end result is with this guy's powers, your suggestion is on the 'If the players piss me off' list whether I had it written down on the character sheet or not!

I'd get him a "lots of Arms" multipower.

-An Area of Effect, Selective attack (He hits everybody near him)

-A big Autofire attack (Hits one person lots of times)

-Indirect, only to avoid blocks (one hand grabs the defenders arms & pulls them aside so the next arm can gut-punch him)

-A huge bonus to STR while wrestling (At least one arm can reach something)

-A Forcewall with Feedback (Throw an arm in front of any attack, sure it huts but who cares if you lose the use of one arm of a thousand?)

If you are feeling nasty, buy the whole multipower several times, allowing him to Multi-Power attack with it/them

If you are feeling really nasty, give him duplication - does not Seperate (-1/2 to -1) and give him 2-3 duplicates that all are identical. Each of whom has the many arm multipower. This gives him several speed scores and thus several actions. This represents the fact that he can take different actions at the same time with different arms. One set of arms (ie one duplicate) can use one big beatdown while another set of arms fires blasters at ranged heros, while another does nothing but block.

This is how the bestiary wrote up a Hydra's multiple heads.

If you are feeling really nasty, give him duplication - does not Seperate (-1/2 to -1) and give him 2-3 duplicates that all are identical. Each of whom has the many arm multipower. This gives him several speed scores and thus several actions. This represents the fact that he can take different actions at the same time with different arms. One set of arms (ie one duplicate) can use one big beatdown while another set of arms fires blasters at ranged heros, while another does nothing but block.

This is how the bestiary wrote up a Hydra's multiple heads.

I like that idea A LOT! If I break it up into a bunch of duplicates, it should make the battle more chaotic and it will actually feel like you're fighting against a 100 arms.

If you're allowing the optional Rapid Fire and/or Sweep Combat Maneuvers, and don't set a maximum number of attacks for them, I'd suggest buying your villain 99 Penalty Skill Levels to counteract the OCV penalties when using them, with the SFX that he's attacking one or several targets with multiple limbs.

These Maneuvers do reduce the attacker's DCV to 1/2, but that can be a good thing from the PCs' viewpoint; if they can survive that massive attack, the villain is more vulnerable to their counterstrikes. It would also require the villain to weigh his tactical options before resorting to it.

I would also suggest you consider Missile Deflection. With that many arms waving around, the chance that he'll be able to bat an incoming attack aside would be pretty good. ;) For that matter, extra Skill Levels with Block would make sense too.