A different kind of super mage

Mark Rand

Re: A different kind of super mage

As a followup to the above, I suspect that the different people will react differently to the stitation.

Midori, being the daughter of the now retired Solara, won't have a problem with Tim's situation. (Her words, upon witnessing the transformation the first time, will be, "Guess it skipped a generation.")

Tim, who is 15, on the other hand, will freak out when it happens. He will, eventually get used to changing, then moving like a woman. (Of course, a teenager his age, with such a power, might use it to slip into the girls' restroom without getting caught.)

Like her daughter, Midori, Akiko, the nurse at Tim's high school, won't have a problem with Tim's situation. She was a bit surprised when Midori first told her, but agreed to help train her grandson.

Have you ever read Ranma 1/2 or seen the videos? This is a boy that transforms into a girl when hit with cold water, and back to a boy when hit with warm water (it's a martial arts theme, though). The issues of socializing become very funny, as well as with his nemesis: he hates the boy and is in love with the girl.

PS: I wanted to do a character like this with my previous group, but the GM said he wasn't prepared to deal with those situations.

I'm playing in a DnD game where a gnome in our party has that curse. The plot started off as a quest to get it cured because his wife said so.

Now we're saving the world. go figure

I hear you. I've been giving some thought of ending this thread and doing a 2.0 version of it' date=' perhaps starting with Tim having to do a report for history class on Solara.[/quote']

For fiction purposes, it might be better to start with a situation where being Solara is a problem for Tim. So far, the only worry he's actually shown having is "can I pass?" (And having the direct line from Heaven tell him that the reproductive system isn't going to be an issue deadens a lot of potential subplots.)

So far, I've been doing this with Tim being the "Inheriter of the Mantel" of Solara. One other way comes to mind.

Tim's parents are divorced. The judge gave Tim to his Aunt Ruth. Both like to work out and watch Japanese animation, especially Sailor Moon. As it happens, Aunt Ruth is his high school nurse and wears colorful scrubs while working. She's also popular with the students.

One day, while they were walking home, a pendant in a store window caught Tim's eye. He went in and bought it.

That night, Tim dreamed that he was a white-gloved superhero fighting an a foe. He thought nothing about wearing gloves in the dream. Both heroes and heroines wear them. After the battle, he glanced in a car mirror and saw his reflection. He was a long-haired woman in a costume that resembed the one work by the Sailor Scouts. That woke him up. He looked at his body and yelped loudly. He was wearing the same costume he had on in the dream.

The "Heir to the Mantle" might be a problem, eventually, when the bad guys show up, but it doesn't really seem like one in the sections you wrote.

Another way to look at it is..."I've got this character in this situation, what's the worst thing that could possibly happen to him/her and how can I make it happen as early in the story as possible?"

Of course, this just might be my familiarity with both the magical girl genre and TG fiction speaking.

Hearing a yelp in a feminine tone, Aunt Ruth entered at a run, carrying her nurse's bag. "Oh, my!" she said, drawing on her years of experience to keep calm. "Young Lady, who are you and where's Tim?" she demanded.

"Aunt Ruth, it's me, Tim. I was normal when I went to sleep. I dreamed that I was a metahuman and now I look like a Sailor Scout." He then told her something only they would know.

"Okey, you're Tim. Now we have to figure out what happened to you, then how to change you back. Hopefully, it's not permanent."

"It can't be permanent," Tim yelped. "I can't go to school like this. If I did, everyone would laugh at me."

"I meant the gender change, not the costume change," Aunt Beth sighed. "Walk to me."

"I'm wearing heels, I can't walk in them. I don't know how."

"We don't know that. So far, all we've seen is a change in your appearance. We have to find out if that's all that happened or if you have the normal motor reflexes of a woman. We do that by having you walk in heels and having you pick things up with gloved hands."

"How?"

"Simple. Don't think about it. Let your body to it on its own."

(note: Tim is very nervous, and scared. If it wasn't for her training and years of experience in nursing, Ruth would be, too.)

"How do you want me to address you for now?" Aunt Ruth asked with a chuckle. "Tim is a boy's name, not a girl's?"

"Jane, as in Jane Doe?" Tim asked.

"Fine," she said as Jane stood and started walking. At first, her steps were hesitant, but by the time she passed the chest of drawers, Jane was walking easily. Glancing in the shaving mirror on top of it, she said, "My hair's a mess," and adjusted it with her fingers. Satisfied, she walked to the desk chair and sat. "What have you learned?" she asked, taking a pen from a drawer and playing with it.

"Your body is reacting differently now," Aunt Ruth replied. "While Tim slouches, Jane has perfect posture. Jane walks gracefully in heels. You were playing with your hair, just like a woman would. You're sitting like a woman, and you were playing with that pen, while gloved, as if it was second nature."

"Eww! So, I'm a freak. That is so gross."

"There's more."

"Wonderful," she grumbled.

"In costume, you're almost a twin for Sailor Mars."

"Almost?"

"Your hair color and style are identical to that of Sailor Uranus. Your gloves, while being red at the cuff end, only reach to the middle of your lower arm, like Sailor Uranus's, instead of the elbow, like Sailor Mars's. Lastly, Sailor Uranus didn't have a female civilian identity. Hers was male."

"You're kidding."

"No. Concentrate and try to change back." He tried, and succeeded. The pendant that he'd worn to bed and had vanished while Tim was Jane, also returned. "We'll work on this furthur in the gym tomorrow."

"Okey, Aunt Ruth," he mumbled.

Lastly, Sailor Uranus didn't have a female civilian identity. Hers was male."

Umm, no. Haruka just liked wearing men's clothing, which fooled some characters into thinking she was male. In the final storyline, she wears a girl's uniform when at school.

Howsomever, the manga comes very close to saying that Uranus is a hermaphrodite.

It's the Starlights that switched between male and female.

Lastly' date=' Sailor Uranus didn't have a female civilian identity. Hers was male."[/i']

Umm, no. Haruka just liked wearing men's clothing, which fooled some characters into thinking she was male. In the final storyline, she wears a girl's uniform when at school.

Howsomever, the manga comes very close to saying that Uranus is a hermaphrodite.

It's the Starlights that switched between male and female.

I must've read it wrong on the internet. This, of course, is the reason I made the goof. In the game world, Ruth probably missed a few episodes

As she readied breakfast the next morning, Ruth said, "Tim, you mentioned a dream last night, concerning Jane and a battle."

"Yeah, it was strange. However, I did hear everything she could."

"Did she call out any attacks?"

"No."

Did she fly on her own?"

"Yeah, Aunt Ruth. She did."

"Did she make any kind of dramatic gestures before attacking?"

"No."

"Do you remember what kinds of attacks she used?"

"Electrical, fire, a plasma jet, and a presser beam."

"Tim, I don't think she was a sailor scout," Aunt Ruth said. "I think she's a mage."

"Wonderfull," Tim mumbled.

As they ate, Tim asked, "Aunt Ruth, how can you stay so calm at a time like this?"

"Twenty three years of seeing all kinds of crazy things as a nurse," Ruth replied.

"Oh," Tim said. "I'd like to visit the store I bought the pendant at after school and ask the owner about it."

"Good idea. You wearing it?"

"Yes." He then yelped. "It's desolving into me."

"It might be binding itself to you. Do you have the receipt?"

"I threw it away. How do we stop the binding process?"

"It's finished," Ruth replied. "It's probably a magical object. My guess is that it had to tune itself to you, which is what it did last night, before becoming part of you."

"Wonderful," he said in a sarcastic tone. "What's on for tonight?"

"We test your running spead and how much you can lift in the basement gym. We'll also test your fine finger dexterity and how well you can see in the dark."

"How are you going to test my dexterity?"

"I'll be timing how long it takes you to put 60 pins in a board with that many holes. We'll do that in the gym, too."

"It'll test my eye-hand coordination, too."

"You're right," Ruth said.

"How about my seeing in the dark?"

"I'll be standing still, in a darkened room and dressed, from head to toe, in black. All you have to do is touch me."

"Will the finding you test be timed?"

"Yes, with a digital stopwatch. That way, you can't hear it ticking."

"You'll check pulse, blood pressure, and respiration before each part?"

"Yes, and one minute after the last test."

"Who is taking it, me or Jane?"

"Both. Also, Jane will have to take her gloves off for the medical tests."

"I understand.

"Good."

That evening, as Ruth prepaired dinner, Tim asked, "Do you have any idea what is happening to me?"

"My guess is that you now have two sets of characteristics imprinted in your brain, one male and one female," Ruth replied. "Only one can be active at a time. Right now, your male characteristics are active. When you change to Jane, the female ones become active."

"It seems like, as Jane, I can handle things with gloves on that I can't as Tim." He paused, then asked, "Will I be gloved in both forms during the test with the pin board?"

"No. Do you think you should be?"

"Yes. If we're to do this right, either I should do the pin board test gloved or Jane should do it ungloved."

"Okey. You'll both do it gloved and ungloved. To be a true scientific test, your gloves should be identical, in material and thickness to Jane's."

"Didn't think of that. Aunt Ruth, why is Jane capable of doing things with gloves on that I can't?"

"Practice," Ruth replied. "I was born in 1960. Back then, women always wore gloves in public when they were dressed up. I started wearing them, and heels, when I was five. In 1967, we were on a cross-country flight. All the women were dressed up and the stewardesses all wore pillbox hats and white gloves. Since I couldn't sleep, I spent some time talking with a stewardess. When I asked her how she was able to do so many things gloved, she told me that they had to keep them at all times while learning how to be a stewardess."

"Oh. I guess Jane's spent quite a bit of time gloved."

"Probably."

One hour after finishing dinner, Tim waited in his room for Aunt Ruth to arrive. When she did, he noted that she had on a high-collar black turtleneck sweater, jeans, low-heel boots, a leather jacket, and a watch cap that covered most of her blonde hair. Her nurse's bag hung from her right shoulder and she carried a small box in her left hand.

"Impressive," he said.

"Thank you," Ruth said. "My watch cap's a rolled up ski mask and my gloves are in my left hand jacket pocket. The ones you'll use are in the right hand pocket."

"Okey," he said. "Do we actually need to check my vitals before each segment of the test?"

"No."

"Then, we should do it only at the beginning and end," Tim suggested.

"Fine. If you don't mind, I'll check your height and weight at the start of each group of tests."

"No problem," Tim said. "I just remembered something. Jane's gloves are kid leather, not cloth."

"Figures," Ruth said. "How much do you remember about what you did as her while you were awake?"

"All of it," Tim replied.

"Tell me about it," Ruth said.

"As Jane, I felt as comfortable being a woman as I do now as Tim."

"Two different sets of mental paterns are now in your brain," Aunt Ruth said. "Only one pair is active at any one time. Do you and Jane have the same likes and dislikes?"

"No. We both like soccer. She likes the technical aspects of hockey, while I keep up to date on my favorite players. She likes harness racing while I like thoroughbred racing. I like stock cars on an oval and Formula One. She likes all kinds of road course racing and all open-wheel types but Formula One. I like baseball, basketball and football. She likes girly stuff like figure skating, gymnastics, belly dancing and fashion." He paused, then added, "Aunt Ruth, this is so freaking weird."

"How did it feel when you were walking?"

"Strange, at first. I tried to slouch, but it felt uncomfortable."

"What about when you were playing with your hair?"

"It's something I've never done, but, when I was Jane, it felt like primping was the right thing to do."

"Did you feel anything, mentally, when you became Tim again?"

"Relief that I was me again, and my brain felt strange when I shifted forms."

"Aunt Ruth, I'd like to try, as Tim, handling the pen and running my fingers through my hair, while gloved, right now."

"No ptroblem."

"Would you wear your black gloves and mask while I do them?" he asked.

"If you like," she replied.

"Good. I'd like to see what you look like, as a cat burglar, before we get into the serious testing."

"Fine," Ruth said. She pulled her mask down, tucked it under the sweater's collar, unfolded the collar, and put her gloves on. "What do you think?" she asked when she'd finished.

"I wouldn't like to meet you in either a dark alley or a building," he replied. "Could you stay gloved and masked downstairs when you're not giving me medical tests?"

"If you like." Tim put the gloves on and played with the pen at his desk and hair at the mirror. Although he was able to do both, he said that he didn't feel comfortable doing either.

Note: We'll get the major testing done in this post. Game-related information and notes are in ().

After removing their gloves and her ski mask, Tim and Ruth went into the basement gym. "I've made a slight change to the `find me' test," Ruth said. "Since I use the laundry room as a darkroom, I've placed the timer on the dryer and plugged into an ultrasonic receiver that's been plugged into the wall. I have the transmitter in a pocket."

"What does the receiver do?"

"It's a power switch."

"Nice." (Radio Shack once sold this. They still may.)

Tim proved to be 5'10" tall in sneakers and weigh 158 pounds. His pulse, blood pressure, and respirations were normal. He took two minutes to put all the pins without gloves on and thirty seconds longer to put them in gloved. It took him four minutes to find Aunt Ruth by the dryer. It would've taken him longer if he hadn't bumped into her. They then tested his running spead (6" in combat & 12" out of combat) and his strength (9). His vitals were taken again. His pulse and respirations were higher, his blood pressure stayed the same. Then, in a flash of orange light, Tim became Jane.

She was 6'2" in two-inch heels and weighed 142 pounds. Her pulse, blood pressure, and respirations were the same as Tim's when he started. She took one minute thirty seconds to put the pins in ungloved and five seconds longer to do it gloved. She found Ruth, by the washing machine in six seconds and said that she'd spotted her aunt's heat signature. (Infrared precepption.) Her running speed (10" in combat, 20" out of combat) and strength (12) were tested next. Finally, her vitals were taken again. Her pulse and respirations had risen less than Tim's and her blood pressure was unchanged.

"Now, we have to figure out my powers," Jane said.

"Yeah," Ruth commented.

Go ahead.

Solara is not an avatar of Amaterasu. People in ancient Japanese thought she was because her powers were like those of the sun. She's simply a mage that gets her END from the solar wind, a stream of charged particals (i.e. a plasma) whivh are ejected from the upper atmosphere of a star. When originating from stars other than the Earth's Sun, it is sometimes called a stellar wind.

Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_wind for more information.

OK here we go:

DreamStar

Name: Nikia Kiara Davison

HT:5'5

WT:176 lbs

Eyes: Navy Blue

Hair: Tourquiose

DOB:August 7,1994

Legal status:Citizen of United States,Minor

Marital Status: Single

Base of operations: Med City, North Carolina

Group Affiliation:Team Alpha {the Hot Shots},Court of Dreams

KNown Realtives: Micheal Davison{Neon the Living Laser],father;Oyuki Desukai-Davison[visonary]mother,Allisynde Nala Davison[starblaze] Older sister,Allegra Davison-Powers[Dreamstar II]Future Daughter.

Strength level: Dreamstar has the strength level and constitution of a individual who enagages in intense physical exercise. {Gymnastics]

Powers:

Teleportation[Dream Portal]

Dreamstar summons a portal ulitizing her magic and her Q'rrymm based powers

that would enable her to travel anywhere via the Dreamzone.

Beddy-Bye Attack

Using essences from the dreamzone,she blows it into an enemy's eyes, putting him to sleep instantly. Effective when battling multiple enemies.

Energy Attacks

When the Beddy Bye attacks Fail for some reason, Dreamstar fall back on the skills that shes been taught as well as the energy attacks that she uses via her dreamsceptre.

Mystic strike

An magic energy blast that would stun an enemy if not send him flying through a window of a building

Mystic Finale

The mgea powered version of her msytic strike attack. her scepter sends out a pure burst of magica energy that would take out a army of monsters or send human agents flying.

DreamFlight Dreamstar can fly using either her sceptre or just thinking 'happy thoughts' ala Peter Pan. her Speed can range from Mach 1 to Mach 4

in a matter of seconds.

Wishing Spheres[/l]

These magic balls are actually a mix of dreamzone energy and her innate manna that renew nikki's body when the wishes come true as long as the wishers disires toys or superhuman abilities.

Dreamsceptre

the scpetre of dreams is nikkis]'s focus for her powers it transforms into a sword at her transformation.

Background: Nikki Davison is the Daughter of Mike Davison and the alien Princess Oyuki. At a very young age[2 yrs to be exact] her powers manefested in the magical ability to create objects and creatures from her imagination. At age 4 she began creating wishing 'balls' ,magical spheres that will grant a child's wish or desire.

At age 5 her promising life nearly came to a tragic end when the IHA attacked her friend's house while she was attending a birthday party.

While her father battled the IHA agents and tried to drived them out of the house, Nikki pushed one of her friends out of the way of a stray energy beam which hit her and sent her body crashing into the house's wall causing a concussion and placing her into a coma which lasted almost five years.

During the coma Witchcraft and her father used their collective energy to speed up the healing process and help her recover. But it took another super battle to wake up Nikki when ARGENT and VIPER both launched a simultanious attack on the hospital where she was staying,the oupouring of energy jumpstarted her recovery and caused her magic powers to manifest fully clothing her in a SM fuku with high heeled boots. Awakened she helped her father defeat both villian groups sebding them into the arms of PRIMUS.

She was then taken to Dr Monica Avery,a paranormal doctor in Atlanta ,who put her through some tests to determine her powers which included magic energy attacks,flight and Teleportation, all of which [they found to thier astonshiment stem from the DREAMZONE. After a mentoring session which took one year and after a two years in junior high, she entered CHS under the Code name DREAMSTAR.

The Image was originally created for me by one of the the lilguyz creaters.

I'll try to send an Sailor Moon image for comparison and combination.

I'm including a magical Girl Template for your to create your PC with Good luck

and send you some more later.]

A few quick notes.

Although Tim likes to work out, he only started doing it seriously since he moved into Aunt Ruth's house and began using her home gym.

Tim started watching Sailor Moon because Aunt Ruth watches it and he likes her more that he liked his parents.

At this point, it's been 29 hours since Tim bought the pendant and 18 hours since he woke up as a costumed, and heroic, metahuman woman.

• 8 months later...

I've begun the process of reformatting this thread to make it easier to read.

I hope you've reformatted Dreamy's CS while your'e at it.

In fact why not have your PC register in CHS?

My game is still on in HeroCentral[via Champions High: Unlimited]

I hope you've reformatted Dreamy's CS while your'e at it.

In fact why not have your PC register in CHS?

My game is still on in HeroCentral[via Champions High: Unlimited]

The reformatting has been finished. However, I can't reformat Dreamy's CS because she's not my character. Only the person who posted her can do that.

I'll have a look at CSH and see if I want to have Solara there. Oh, this thread has the first two versions of her. The thread "Solara" has versions 3 and 4, while "Solara version 2.0" has version 5. "Thoughts on Solara" and "Solara's flight speed" have more information on her.