Irene, <- Cloths Make the Woman

I had a great idea last night. What about a character who's powers change with their cloths?

this brewed in my head for a while, until it formed into Irene, who comes from CA, and built super tech cloths that are super for 2 reasons

1) they enhance her abilities or give her new ones

2) they all go with each other.

I built this as 10 Multipowers each one for a diffrent slot, i know i could have done this as a VPP of outfits, but i didn't really think that did the character justice.

Here's the write up. Tell me what you think? (some of the ideas are made on very very weak rubber logic, this was in fact a 3am character by the end of things)

Re: Irene, <- Cloths Make the Woman

I really like the concept, but +22 Comeliness for a push up bra? Don't get me wrong I like push up bra's, but they don't do THAT much for me. :winkgrin:

In all seriousness, good concept.

EDIT to delete reference to a VPP, as I missed the fact that you addressed it.

Guest Black Lotus

There's a live action movie, and I believe also an anime series, in Japan called Cutey Honey, wherein the heroine's powers are based somehow (not sure how) on her tight pink getups.

The idea sounds good, the write up I dont' like. I don't even want to know how you turn a pair of thong underwear into a killing attack-- while you are wearing them! w/o splitting yourself in half.

I'll start by saying you need GM permission to do a lot of what you want-- which is fine, but I wanted to preface why I'd require the following to be done.

First, you probably should have used a VPP to be fair b/c of the illegal use of a limitation (-1, where to change clothes) on the pool but not on each slot; and the large amount of powers. However, if you wanted to use a multipower, I'd approve it based on the "let's see how it plays" clause. You would have to change the -1 limitation to a -1/2 to represent the cost of the same limitation for a VPP. Also, I'd make you change back at a HQ, w/ occasional exception not worth noting on the character sheet. These are obivously "super clothes", and not going to be available at Macy's.

Second, major stop signs are raised when you start buying Characteristics in power frameworks. I'd never allow someone to sell back characteristics (8 COM and STR) and then buy a cheaper way to get them in a multipower. Also, I'd make you buy all your characteristics divisible by 5 to avoid some number twinking.

Bra's - Change the shapeshift to an instant change like transformation.

Panty's - The NND can't just be "hardened, resistant PD", it's too rare. If you look at the examples, you'll see a power or two w/ that plus something else that stops it. Also, HKA requires an additional +1 advantage to do body while NND.

I can't read anymore. Really, I'd never allow a character w/ that many multipowers. It's a GM nightmare to try to figure out campaign balance, plus I don't even understand how some of these powers are suppose to work? The Halter Top is an Entangle? How, does it allow you to shoot an entangle? Do you throw it? If so, it's a recoverable charge.

This seems like a confusing way to get around multiform.

it's +22 in that whole "roy needs to fill a 21pt reserve" sorta way

That is just silly. +10 COM would be just fine.

OTOH I think that -1/2 is a good limitation on the slots since the powers are a MP and not a VPP. After all the limitation could be bypassed by absconding with the supermodel's undies after Irene rescues her from the Villianous Mad Mod.

Hawksmoor

-needs scotch. two fingers.

The idea sounds good' date=' the write up I dont' like. I don't even want to know how you turn a pair of thong underwear into a killing attack-- while you are wearing them! w/o splitting yourself in half. [/quote']

They cause heart failure.