Super_Talk.com 6/29/05

Citizen Keen

As shown in this thread. I think we all know who respective copyrights belong to. If a moderator/DOJ Rep doesn't like me doing this, please do what ya gotta.

Hey guys. Last night I broke down and finally got myself a one year membership to Super_Talk. Don't know if it was worth the $29.95, but whatever. Anyway, I thought I'd share the stuff that pops up on the News Boards.

Airlock Failure at GATEWAY

This evening, [Note: I copied this over last night, so this is referring to Tuesday evening - cK] UNTIL confirmed that its GATEWAY Space Station suffered a minor power outage for fifteen minutes this morning, around 7:30 AM Eastern Time. The blackout resulted in the temporary disabling of all external airlocks on the station, which were functioning again at 4:00 PM Eastern.

Said UNTIL representative Lt. Antonio Dominguez: "It was a minor power glitch, nothing important. All major systems were back online within minutes. The airlocks shut down as part of an automatic security precaution. The station was never in any danger." Lt. Dominguez went on to remind us that the GATEWAY station is the most advanced station orbiting the Earth, and that, as with any structure of that size and complexity, occasional problems would arise.

An anonymous source at NASA, however, claimed that UNTIL agents on the station were unavailable on any of their independently powered communication devices. Lt. Dominguez denied any knowledge of failed attempts at communication with the GATEWAY station.

As always, you'll hear more as soon as we know it!

HOLOCAUST HITS HAYSTACK!!

Or rather, a needle! The SPACE Needle, that is. HAHA! Word is just in that HOLOCAUST, that wacky wannabe world leader we all know and love, has just been defeated at the Seattle Space Needle. Apparently, Holocaust attacked the restaurant and demanded that police evacuate everyone within two miles or he would tear the Needle down. CRAZINESS! Luckily, two teams of PRIMUS agents, along with the assistance of an UNTIL team and Seattle's own RAZOR and the rookie KNIGHTBOY, were able to thwart Holocaust. Witnesses have been emailing in, saying he flew off and escaped. No reports yet on whether he's been apprehended or is still AT LARGE.

Right now, the Needle and the Tram are CLOSED! I'l keep you posted! YOWZA!

-MEGA MARK BINNAKER!

UPDATE!!! (18:21)

The NEEDLE is CLOSED FOR BUSINESS! Officials say it will open NEXT WEEK!

-MEGA MARK BINNAKER!

There's a really cool photo of Holocaust just layin' into KnightBoy, but Simon won't let us link to images. ;) (Sorry, had to do it!)

Charm Girl Stampede

News just in of a stampede caused by the surprise appearance of Charm Girl at the opening of the movie "Charm Girl Goes To Millennium City." Charm Girl arrived unannounced (after previously stating she would not attend) at the premier of the anime extravaganza. Fans stormed past the barricades in a desperate rush to touch the superhero. Eight people were hospitalized, and dozens more injured. Charm Girl was very apologetic - we'll have her words as soon as they're translated.

Current speculation abounds regarding the handsome, yet mysteriously composed stranger on her arm before her arrival. The gaijin didn't speak a word during the entire ordeal.

You'll have more when we hear it!

NC/AM Update

The latest news in off the forums about the NC/AM incident:

Hey guys! Long time lurker' date=' first time poster! Just thought I'd let you know that MC's own Nar-Cola has recently filed a defamation suit and breach of contract suit against New York City's Amazing Man. Just wanted to let you know![/quote']

As you remember, last Friday, Amazing Man, famed spokesperson for Nar-Cola, was quoted saying "I HATE Nar-Cola. That stuff tastes like a--, and I only drink it because they pay me to. And it's addictive!"

The BOC claims that Amazing Man's contract prohibits him from saying anything negative about Nar-Cola' date=' or drinking other sodas (Amazing Man's been sited recently drinking Dr. Pepper), and the defame claims he has no knowledge that Nar-Cola is addicting, and that the statement is false and libelous.[/quote']

More when we hear it!

I'll keep the HERO Boards updated on Super_Talk.

Re: Super_Talk.com 6/29/05

Mega Mike is always so full of hyperbole. You can never tell if you should trust his reports or not. Seriously, I'd bet anything it wasn't really Holocaust up there at the Space Needle.

;)

Bill.