Superhero Football

Roy_The_Ruthles

i was thinking about theme songs, and then thought about a superheroic game of football, who would be the Refs? who would be the Players? what woudl the stadium be like? how would the rules change?

Obviously Proffessor X would be a good Ref (for mind controling people to leave the game when they break the rules)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Superhero Football

I dunno that you change the rules of the game. I think you would have to include a proviso for not allowing certain powers to be used in the game. Force fields and powers that have a visible ranged effect would be illegal obviously.

Best Quarter back: Marvel Comic's Bullseye villain. Get him back there and you'd have one heck of a passing attack no matter who the receiver was.

Bullseye already signed a contract to pitch for the Yankees. (Hey' date=' money talks.)[/quote']

Still doesn't mean he wouldn't be the best quarterback ever. The only way you could stop him would be to get people like the flash and quicksilver in there to try and sack him before he coudl throw. As long as he had time, you'd never stop him. Get him to work on his play faking and he'd be nigh unstoppable.

This would be a good idea for two superhero groups do "play" a game for charity. Of course the GM could:

a) have the game become more a grudge match and less friendly as it goes on

B) supervillains show up to fight or maybe want to "play" against them

c) supervillians show up to steal the charity money

Great idea that I may have to use in my game.....

This would be a good idea for two superhero groups do "play" a game for charity. Of course the GM could:

a) have the game become more a grudge match and less friendly as it goes on

B) supervillains show up to fight or maybe want to "play" against them

c) supervillians show up to steal the charity money

Great idea that I may have to use in my game.....

You don't even need to go that far. Have a superhero legitimately injure (IE, without malice) another, severely. It happens when real-life players hit each other, and they are all in roughly the same league when it comes to strength, speed, and toughness.

If the speedster gets hit by a bad tackle, he or she could be hurt, maimed, or crippled.

Now you've got a story, since the one hero has a very legitimate, lasting grudge against another.

What would be the best real-life team sport for a charity superteams exhibition match? Something people could expect to survive' date=' where the widest variety of powers can be shown off without ruining the game?[/quote']

Truthfully?

One of the "synchronized" sports, it gives the SFX of characters a chance to shine, while still leaving room for speedsters and bricks to do something useful.

So who's gonna tackle the Hulk? Best fullback ever!

One problem with Hulk as your fullback. Unless you plan on running sweeps every play, your O-line is going to have to open a hole big enough for the hulk to get through first. All opposing defenses have to do is clog the line so that the hulk can't get through without injuring his own team mates and they've shut down your running game.

Edit: Reed Richards is your Hulk stopper. He simply wraps himself around the green machine's legs and you have a no go.

I like this. Any special rules on flying?

The only rules where that you had to keep the ball in bounds at all times and that you could not destroy the ball.

So no teleporting the ball or atomizing the ball. But, if you want to fly real high and spike the ball, no problem, if you want to send a dozen image duplicates of the ball on the serve, no problem, if you want to use your concussive force blasts to return the volley no problem.

Strangely only the telepath didn't like the game since she couldn't do anything neat with the powers she had. Made me want to suggest a Mental Powers VPP so she could precog the location of the ball and get to it before it landed.

Hawksmoor

Ok, here’s my Ultimate Fantasy Football team.

I used the following stipulations: Heroes only (So Bullseye and Juggernaut are both out. A villains’ team will likely follow though). No flyers and no teleporting-it’s a ground game (Thor gets to play because flying is not reflexive for him. He’ll stay ground bound if he needs to.) I also stayed within universes for consistency. (DC Team to follow)

MIGHTY MARVEL FOOTBALL SQUAD

Quarterbacks:

-Daredevil (Ultimate field awareness and superhuman accuracy, and he gives nothing away by looking at his target)

-Longshot (Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good)

Wide Receivers:

-Spider-Man (Evasiveness, Spider Sense, can take hit, sticky fingers…what more could you want?)

-Wolfsbane (Agility, speed and some strength with occasional viciousness)

-Iron Fist (Marvel’s premiere martial artist could be invaluable on the field)

Running Backs:

-Wonder Man (One of the more agile of the bricks, and takes a hit like few can)

-Power Man, Luke Cage (Football attitude with a fairly fast brick body)

-The Beast (When you want maneuverability over power)

Tight End:

-Captain America (The shield makes him a great blocker, but he has the agility and the smarts to make a run or catch occasionally)

Offensive Line:

-The Thing (‘Nuff said)*

-The Invisible Woman (Think about it)

-Colossus (The Steel Curtain incarnate)

-Strong Guy (Hitting him just makes him stronger, and he’s huge!)

-Atlas (Super-strength even before he gets big!)

Kicker

-Wolverine (Because he’s gotta be in there somewhere.)

Defensive Line:

-The Hulk (‘Nuff said)*

-Sasquatch (Big, hairy, underrated…he IS a lineman!)

-Sandman (Not smart enough for linebacker, but damned tough to stop up front)

-Thundra (A mean woman)

Linebackers:

-Thor (I just love this image.)

-Hercules (Wouldn’t these two have such fun?)

-She Hulk (Why not?)

Cornerbacks:

-Quicksilver (Perfect for receiver coverage. **)

-Nightcrawler (Even without T-porting he’d be a great asset)

Safeties:

-Mr. Fantastic (Reed’s not that fast or athletic, but he could tackle just about anyone)

-Iceman (Builds walls, ice slicks, ice bonds—great back-up defense)

*Ok, maybe one thing to say: I see The Thing as better when the fight is brought to him, and The Hulk as a better aggressor.

** Quicksilver just doesn’t have the toughness to take any hits as a running back. And he would get hit.

Guest darthvegita666

you know your probly want to run a 4-2-5 d if youve got hulk on dline especially since msiter fantastic can play zone so well so youll want to take advantage of that to put more speed on the field

but id take the vision as my running back cuz nobody could touch him