Your Character's Comic Book

Hermit

Re: Your Character's Comic Book

For my main character,Plex twin 2 would want Grant Morrison to write and Dave McKean to draw. The group Plex is in is almost like the Doom Patrol from the Morrison years, so that would definately fit right in. Plex twin 2 would also want it to be a team book so everyone can share in the hopeful success of the comic. The artwork of Dave McKean would definately give it the correct atmosphere.

Plex twin 1 would want Keith Giffen and DeMatteis to write and draw the book. The Plex twins would be the Blue Beetle and Booster Gold of the group. Plex twin 1 would also want it to be a group book, but the focus would be on their antics, though not the only focus.

Even though it might be a little grittier than they'd normally do*, I'd offer the option to do a Penumbra line to Antarctic Press. With a smaller company you'd have more pull, and I like the anime-esque styings of Ben Dunn and Fred Perry.

If it were a Black Rose comic, it would be completely up their alley, though.

* Although... this is the company that did some really great alt-hist WWII stuff, focussing on the Germans so I could be wrong.

I agree with Black Rose on this for Sunburn. Basicly he is a 'light' charater (both in powers and attatude), and I know Ben or Fred can do light action adventure/humor with enougth good nature parody in the mix (while 'burn is not a parody of anyone, I beleve that neather Ben nor Fred can resist putting an ocasinal anime/manga parody in). Eather them, or the person doing NHS now (Kattie Barr, I beleve her name is).

As for style, 'burn has always been more of a Marvel Comics Silver Age guy, basicly a mutant with some problems (like the fact that total darkness acualy can kill him). I would leave that weakness out of the comic book (but would keep the fact that he is vulnerable to "black light" and "dark mater"), have his secret ID be some colage student (which was what he was...basicly same thing with the details changed).

Humm...I would also give them first stab at The Damsel (the crossdresing gagetear).

Thought about this... I dunno exactly who'd do the writing, but for an artist if it was Kevin Eastman (I know he writes as well, so he may end up doing that,) or Adam Warren doing it, Queen of Spades wouldn't say no--under certain condtions dictated by her (to keep her secret ID and origins out of the way.) Vibora Bay would defintly love the publicity generated by it. She'll prolly send the royalty checks to help out the Westside community (the other side of the tracks, so to speak.)

If they approached "St Barbara" she would probably want Busiek and Ross to do it, plus a veto on anything too counterfactual. She would probably need her past "career" cleaned up for teenage consumption and she would want a large portion of the profits to go to a charitable organisation like UNICEF !

I can think of one of my super characters that would like to have his own comic. especially since he's one of those science nerd types who ends up as a super hero. As far as artists go i think id like to have Bill Sienkiewicz. Except one issue, in that one i would make sure i got Rob Liefeld contracted to do a "Dimensional crossover" issue and after i had him on paper for doing it id reveal the "rewrites" to the plot where the characters just spend the entire comic making fun of him. I dont like Liefeld since he messed up my favorite comic "the new mutants".