How to build this power

Kyle A.

Re: How to build this power

I like Mitchell's solution. It gives you more precise control over how powerful the EB gets over time.

You can go with standard effect on the Succor to handle the exact nature.

But I like Mitchell's solution better anyway.

It's the more simple of the two options.

I've used the same build, putting increasing degrees of increased END cost on each additional Die.

I'll be the dissenting opionion with the wild-arsed guess. How about Gradual Effect? Instead of the damage being spread across successive intervals, each time interval gives you another DC. Basically, just moving the gradual part to the other side of the equation.

I'll be the dissenting opionion with the wild-arsed guess. How about Gradual Effect? Instead of the damage being spread across successive intervals' date=' each time interval gives you another DC. Basically, just moving the gradual part to the other side of the equation.[/quote']

I thought the idea was to build the power and than release it- longer spent building, the more power.

Your version would release the power (and then without additional limits would require no further action by the attacker who could say launch the same attack at another target), and slowly build *on/in* the target after impact.

Very different critters there.

i like the succor aspect because then you can charge until you are almost out of END and STUN' date=' let off a huge blast, then fall down.[/quote']

Good point.

But you can do that the other way too.

true. It could be a side effect' date=' makes user fall down (with low stun and END)[/quote']

Or buy it like this:

10d6 EB

+1d6 EB, extra time, 2x END

+1d6 EB, more extra time, 3x End

+1d6 EB, more extra time, 4x End

And so on, till the character blows all this END (and maybe even stun) in one mightly blast.

Note that this method will only cost END at the end, when the blast is released. This can be rather certain of 'dropping' the character if done right.

The succor method will cost END throughout the 'charge'. Given that you could be taking stun damage for a number of phases, it may be harder to time the character 'dropping'.

The result of the character being 'stunned' in the middle of the charge differs greatly as well.

With the EB method, nothing happens. With Succor he still loses the END. Neither method does anything with the already 'charged' energy- buying a side effect limit may be in order.

Another method that has seen print is a slight variation on Fox1's suggestion. The 'stacked EB' build, but tied to an END Reserve. The reserve size is set to be exactly equal to the maximum cost of the EB. The REC is just about fast enough to take that amount of time for the END to reach full power.

Your version would release the power (and then without additional limits would require no further action by the attacker who could say launch the same attack at another target)' date=' and slowly build *on/in* the target after impact.[/quote']

That's not what I meant, though. What I'm suggesting is using Gradual Effect as a variable version of Extra Time. Let's say you build it with Gradual Effect of 4 DC over 4 phases, 1 DC per phase. Normally, you'd shoot and do 1 DC that phase, 1 DC the next, and so on. Instead, I'm saying take that time off the after-you-hit end and put it on the before-you-shoot end. If you build up 2 phases, you do 2 DC, all at once. 3 phases for 3 DC. Iterate up to your max effect and time period.

I guess it's kinda like Extra Time in the execution, but using Gradual Effect to get the price in points. It's tough (for me at least) to explain. Does anybody see where I'm going here?

I guess it's kinda like Extra Time in the execution' date=' but using Gradual Effect to get the price in points. It's tough (for me at least) to explain. Does anybody see where I'm going here?[/quote']

I think so...

But it's illegal. You use the extra time limit for extra time, and Gradual Effect for Gradual Effect.

That's not what I meant, though. What I'm suggesting is using Gradual Effect as a variable version of Extra Time. Let's say you build it with Gradual Effect of 4 DC over 4 phases, 1 DC per phase. Normally, you'd shoot and do 1 DC that phase, 1 DC the next, and so on. Instead, I'm saying take that time off the after-you-hit end and put it on the before-you-shoot end. If you build up 2 phases, you do 2 DC, all at once. 3 phases for 3 DC. Iterate up to your max effect and time period.

I guess it's kinda like Extra Time in the execution, but using Gradual Effect to get the price in points. It's tough (for me at least) to explain. Does anybody see where I'm going here?

I like this idea the best and I'm going to use it. You are repped.

I like this idea the best and I'm going to use it. You are repped.

I really don't care for this idea. The purpose of gradual effect is to take one big attack and break it into smaller components. That's why the limitation value is so high [because the smaller components have a chance to do less damage and be stopped]. What you're describing is taking a small attack and making it bigger. It's really the exact opposite, and of far less limitation value then gradual effect, IMO.

I really don't care for this idea. The purpose of gradual effect is to take one big attack and break it into smaller components. That's why the limitation value is so high [because the smaller components have a chance to do less damage and be stopped]. What you're describing is taking a small attack and making it bigger. It's really the exact opposite' date=' and of far less limitation value then gradual effect, IMO.[/quote']

I'm going to reduce the value to -1/4. I still think its very limiting. If I want to do any damage at all with it then I need a long time to charge up, time in which the heroes have time to mop up the henchmen and get to my main villian.